Ive been cheating on you. Got a new toy

Thanks! It has some upgrades. The suspension is a newer performance package, the sidepipes, and the engine was swapped out for a 72 LT1 350. The rest is stock. I would have prefered a numbers matching original but it would have been another 10 grand on top of my price and that would be for something that neeeded alot of work. Im happy with it.

Looks like it's in nice shape.

Now get your ass over to http://www.corvetteforum.com/ and sign up. I'm over there too.

LOADS of good ideas.

I joined there about a month ago when I started looking for a vette. Thanks. I'm rescue Rogers over there

I bet that is fun!

It is. It makes me giggle like I'm 18 and have my first hot rod, just not as stupid. Edited by utahhandyman

C4 are the cheap ones currently. In Massachusetts C1, C2, are in the 20k+ for project cars the probably arent running. C3 project steel bumper non matching number cars that arent running are around 3k, 6k running, 10-11k for drivers, 18k+ for good shape that need minor work, 25k+ for restored that need a little work. All matching number C3 cars can start as high as 10k not running. Plastic bumper C3 are cheaper as they get closer to 82.

Craigslist has a great selection around here, good cross section of ranges. Corvetteforum is a good source for local prices.

Inspect the frame and suspension CAREFULLY!   Plastic bodies do not rust away, so Vetts from the rust belt may be nearly a total = so many of them get sent to places where people are not looking for hidden salt damage.

Inspect the frame and suspension CAREFULLY!   Plastic bodies do not rust away, so Vetts from the rust belt may be nearly a total = so many of them get sent to places where people are not looking for hidden salt damage.

Definitely, before buying any corvette join a club or forum. I'm on the corvetteforum.com and they have a list of 10 things to know or look for before buying a vette. The birdcage is the biggest culprit and its the subframe which is bolted to the chasis which holds the windshield, the passenger compartment, and the doors together. It may be different on a C4, I'm not sure,  but you definitely need to talk to someone that is familar with the year you are interested in.

• 2 weeks later...