H.R.3799 - Hearing Protection Act of 2015

There used to be a website that made it easy to email or mail the correct people.. Anyone have it? I always hate emailing the wrong people.

This currently has 22 cosponsors already and is very new. Isn't this the one that removes suppressors from the NFA and makes them regulated like normal firearms?

• Like 1

We all up here in SW OR USA have been cussing and discussing the pros and cons of this proposed new bill.  Sossss far, I for one can not see any bad things about it at all ... so long as CAN employment is an optional decision made by the shooter.  If so it sounds like a win win win situation.  My ears for one are still ringing and cricketing from all the many high powered rifle and sporting clays shooting of my youth.

But ... will it be amended to include all sorts of non intended stuff?  We will see.  Some things do need to be quieted down besides firearms.  Weed blowers, some power equipment and some chain saws come to mind.  My feeble fear is that this good bill will get gutted in the wrong direction.  Also thank you cino for that link.  Now book marked.  Now if we could include short barreled stuff and auto weapons.  Humm.

• Like 1

There used to be a website that made it easy to email or mail the correct people.. Anyone have it? I always hate emailing the wrong people.

This currently has 22 cosponsors already and is very new. Isn't this the one that removes suppressors from the NFA and makes them regulated like normal firearms?

from what i saw when i looked through yes it treats suppressors as normal firearms.

I think this is the link you are referring to

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act/