Well my plans for fishing sure did take a turn today.

Chasing Bull Redfish through the surf turned into a day of Daddy rigging tackle, baiting hooks, dehooking fish, answering questions and well...  Being a Daddy.

Steve's Farm, pay to fish catfish ponds, Walnut Hill, FL.

Fish in a barrel, its what I call catching at catfish ponds.
And its definitely catching and not fishing, but for a couple of kids it makes for a priceless afternoon.
HAH! Priceless, there's a joke, my entrance fee was $15.00 for catch and release and the kids were free.
The fish were $2.10 per # and we took home 30#s of fish, plus bait, snack/drinks and gas...  Well, you do the math.

But yeah, the day was priceless for my baby girl & I together.  032.gif
She caught the most fish, the biggest fish and was a hoot to watch and encourage.
Her biggest fish experience to date has been a good sized Bream, she was screaming when the first cat hit her rod.
It was a nice 4#Channel and you'd thought it was eating her alive.  011.gif   LMAO!

100_9009_zpswy2n8yci.jpg

Then later she caught our biggest kitty of the day, a 6.5#

100_9008_zpsxhnahaxf.jpg

By the end of the day she was an ol'pro and slamming them.

100_9007_zpsmglcnkmj.jpg

Nathaniel came with us too...  Did I mention that this was actually his 10th Birthday Fishing Trip?
He turns ten on the 11th/Veterans Day  blink.png   Ten years, where does the time go.
It was his choice, fishing the catfish farm or a new hay bale archery target.
He thought it was just gonna be Daddy and him as usual, but I brought lil'sister and he wasn't really keen on the idea.
His bi#!*ing gave him some bad mojo for the day, his rod was barely touched, he resorted to grabbing my rod at every opportunity.

100_9011_zpsvb3bduj0.jpg

No pics as usual of fish on our cleaning table, it was raining when we got home to clean'em.

• Like 16

Days like that will count as the best in your life one day.

Already ranks right up there.

It just dont get much better, congrats.

Tru'dat

You got the whole Dad thing down my friend!

I'm trying as hard as I can.

So cool.  Wait until you are a Grand Daddy!  Thank you.

That's a good ways off, God willing I'll make.

• Like 2

Good on ya, man. That quality time is priceless. Some men fish their entire life without ever learning it ain't the fish they really after.

Like I tell people about surf fishing and shore based sharking...

If your not happy to just be on the beach, sand between your toes, enjoying the sun and listening to the ocean, then this isn't for you, cause catching a fish/shark is just a bonus prize.

This holds for fishing almost anywhere, it is the leisure time, the time with nature, the carefree not a damned thing on my schedule time.

• Like 5

Your daughter looks just like my buddy's wife's daughter.

You can definitely tell from the pic that your boy was irritated about sis's angling. He's like, 'yeah, I got a fish, fuck you, take a picture for formality.'

Edited by elvis christ

He was irritated, he is used to just he and I fishing together, and then this is one of his Bday presents.

When I told him his sister was going he pitched a pretty good protest.

Then she caught fish 5:1 over him and caught & landed the biggest fish.

Kind'a ego crushing for him...  Too bad.

He has known for years that when she is mature enough she gets to go fishing with me too.

That put his cock in a knot sure enough.

• Like 1

You are blessed with great children, the wife and I could never have them .

Good parents enjoy their children.

Have done a ton of youth work in my life and have seen them grow up and have their own children.

The ones with great parents always do well

One of the felons on probation in my wendsday group was in my first youth group, his mother has Been married 5 times and never knew his father.

Blessing to your family and may all your problems be small.

• Like 1