I bitched about the 'no guns' sticker on the door...

of the vape shop I frequent. I was at a music event downtown called Secret Stages, where they have different bands playing at different bars, and food vendors and all that stuff. Myself and some dudes from the Honda club were down there hanging out, we were, uh, participating in some recreational use, and the dude from the vape store walked by and hung out for a minute.

I told him that I really liked his store, but I didn't come in anymore, because they had put a no guns allowed sticker on the door. He was apologetic, but said it was something that was required for his insurance. I told him he should get a new insurance company, or tell them to fuck off. He hemmed and hawed for minute, but I was like 'dude, you're in Alabama. A no guns sign is going to be bad for business.'

I dropped my vape on the concrete in the parking lot today and broke the pyrex tank, and since the store is right next to my work, I swung by, and low and behold, the no guns sticker was off the door.

I like to think that it was because of me, but I'm sure other people bitched too.

• Like 17

Great job!

Like I always say...  "If you're going to stop patronizing a business, make sure they know exactly why."

Most people know that for every person that takes the time to speak up, a dozen more didn't bother to.

Every dollar counts when running a small business.

• Like 4

Does this imply you were smoking dope and carrying?  Some clarifications please.  Maybe I am just on a BS streak this late morning.  Good days, bad days for me.  If I am coming across as an asshole it is OK for everybody to pile it on.  I do need a reality check.  Just me.  Respectfully.

• Like 1

Does this imply you were smoking dope and carrying?  Some clarifications please.  Maybe I am just on a BS streak this late morning.  Good days, bad days for me.  If I am coming across as an asshole it is OK for everybody to pile it on.  I do need a reality check.  Just me.  Respectfully.

HB he is referring to e-cigarettes. AKA vaporizers, vapes etc

Hang in there

• Like 3

Thank you Dad.   I understand the use of Vapes.  What I was alluding too is that "elvis" said "they" (he also?) were using "recreational" drugs?  This is the part I am not clear on.  And ... my ASSUMPTION (usually wrong) is that he also was using and therefore maybe or maybe not might have been impaired and MIGHT (or might not) have been CCing?  Thus my point and question.  If he was stoned and carrying a concealed weapon, that might not be so good?  Or not good at all?  Sorry if this comes across wrong.

• Like 2

There was nothing indicating that he was using anything other than liquid tobacco residue and coolaid. That's what vaping is. Inhaling vapor from an e-ciggarette.

They have a little electric heat coil with a pyrex reservoir which is heated up and a battery. It's like a miniature electric hookah. You can put in whatever fluid you want, and most places have zero regulations about what you can put in there (and zero quality control). Most are made in Asia. So the contents of the fluids are pure mystery. They claim there are little or no health side effects. This is kinda dubious, but it is unlikely to be as bad as tobacco smoked or chewed.

It still smells bad, but it is way less obnoxious than burning tobacco. Also the user is not breathing in carbon monoxide. A lot of places are less strict about indoor use. It comes in all kinds of flavors. So these things are getting very popular. 

• Like 1

Exactly what I understood as well

• Like 3

I still do not understand.   "... we were, uh, participating in some recreational use ..."   Was he specifically alluding to the "vapes" ... or something else?  Sorry to make a mountain out of a mole hill.  HB

I took the "rec use" part the same a you HB.

• Like 2

Exactly what I understood as well
Same here... Recreational Use, I've only heard that in relation to drug use. You're not alone.
  • Like 1

I voted to legalize smoking pot in WA.

I do NOT approve of condensing/manufacturing THC into edibles or oil (illegal in WA).

Granted, it only gives me a headache.

Imagine how safe all these drugs might be if we eliminated MENTAL ILLNESS.

It's an interesting exercise of freedom.

Humpty-Dumpty hasn't fallen off the wall in WA.

Edited by Sim_Player

We were at a street festival, drinking beer and watching some bands play, I didn't have a gun. I was smoking with the guy from the vape store, and I mentioned to him that I didn't come into his store anymore, because of the no guns sticker on the door.

• Like 2

elvis christ , I just wanted to say thanks for being part of the solution. As much as I hate the thought of our countries need to arm our citizens like Israel, this is the world we live in today. Thanks for doing your part to educate and change the sheeple mind set. An unarmed American is just a living target these days and I don't see that changing any time soon.

• Like 2