Photo
- - - - -

Where is everyone?????????

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 imarangemaster

imarangemaster

Executive Member Tired & Retired Warrior!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:23 PM

I've been gone about a little over a  year, and just came back because I once again joined the One true path of the Saiga by getting an IZ132!  Mostly I hung out on the 7.62x39 forum, but occasionally on the 223 one, as well.

Problem is almost nobody I know who use to frequent the boards is here? I see Chilli Rellano, Greg M1, Nailbomb, Juggernaut, Mulletman, and Indy are still around.  Man, that's only half a dozen folks that have been here more than 6 or 7 years!  Where the heck did everyone go? I see Boomstick, Dieb4Iwake and a couple others haven't been around for 6 months, and Uncle Jake been gone for a year and a half.  Dang, it's lonely here.

"Peace through Superior Firepower"

#2 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Sho-Gun of Saiga

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,395 posts
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

Juggernaut Graphics

• Company Website:
    www.juggernaut-graphics.com
  • Contact Email:

info@juggernaut-graphics.com

• Contact Phone:

989 725 AK74

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:40 PM

the EO banning Saigas has been bad for us...

• G O B and WhiskeyMinion like this

"It is missing the point to believe that the 'ability to fight' is simply about defeating your enemy.
It is not in defeating your enemies; It's about the strategy of killing the evil of one man to give life to ten thousand" ~Yagyu Munenori

#3 mancat

mancat

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

yep, the EO made Saiga unattractive to all but collectors, who are just stashing them away rather than converting. it's a dead product now unless the EO gets reversed.

#4 liberty -r- death

liberty -r- death

I walk where the devil dances. . .

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

I get on once in a while, but since I can't get Saiga rifles without selling a kidney I haven't been able to make any news builds. Sucks. Most of attention has gone into 300 Blackout, and shooting 3 gun.
- even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while -
- Obuhmer won the election, we're fucked, keep on prepping -

#5 imarangemaster

imarangemaster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

Dang!  I figured the EO would hurt the forums, but not this bad.  How about Kalashnikov USA or whatever it is called?  I still see tons of Century a RWA modified weapons.   I do know they have been scarce in CA, and run $575 and up on Gunbroker.  Considering I paid $289 for my first Saiga (a 223) in 2008.  I've had about 7 (counting the one in 10 day jail), and the price has gone up steadily.  The last one I got (before the current one) was a couple days before the import ban hit.  IIRC, I paid about $575 out the door with Tax and DROS. Besides the EO, I guess, there is also the proliferation of cheap AKs: Yugos, Romanian, IOs, etc.  You can get a ready to go pistol grip AK for less than a Saiga now.

I actually got a screaming deal on the IZ132 I have in Cali "10 day Jail." l I traded straight across: My Iraqi Contractor WASR and a Romanian bayonet, for a:  NIB 2014 IZ132, 3 factory mags, Tapco FCG to modify for the saiga, and a standard AK gas tube to do my magic on with the factory forend. Considering new factory mags run $35 each ($70), Tapco G2 runs $35, and the gas tube NOS runs $40, there's $150 of extras I got with the new Saiga for the WASR I had $589 into.  I did well....  That makes my Saiga $439 (+$50 DROS and private party transfer fee.)  I am VERY happy

It is sad to see the state of the Saiga forum boards, though.  These were hopping forums, with one or more new pages of fresh posts a day, if not more.  We were so popular, we even attracted morons and internet trolls!   

#6 imarangemaster

imarangemaster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

Saigas in stock form are still VERY popular in "Californication".  If left stock, or at least not converted to pistol grip, they do not need a "bullet button" and fixed 10 round or less magazines.  If you are like me, and have high capacity magazines that you possessed in California, prior to the ban in 1-1-2000, you can use them in the Saiga.  They can still be decent weapons in this "California Featureless" configuration.

Saigaredeux1_zpse18cb877.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users