Where is everyone?????????

I've been gone about a little over a  year, and just came back because I once again joined the One true path of the Saiga by getting an IZ132!  Mostly I hung out on the 7.62x39 forum, but occasionally on the 223 one, as well.

Problem is almost nobody I know who use to frequent the boards is here? I see Chilli Rellano, Greg M1, Nailbomb, Juggernaut, Mulletman, and Indy are still around.  Man, that's only half a dozen folks that have been here more than 6 or 7 years!  Where the heck did everyone go? I see Boomstick, Dieb4Iwake and a couple others haven't been around for 6 months, and Uncle Jake been gone for a year and a half.  Dang, it's lonely here.

Dang!  I figured the EO would hurt the forums, but not this bad.  How about Kalashnikov USA or whatever it is called?  I still see tons of Century a RWA modified weapons.   I do know they have been scarce in CA, and run $575 and up on Gunbroker.  Considering I paid $289 for my first Saiga (a 223) in 2008.  I've had about 7 (counting the one in 10 day jail), and the price has gone up steadily.  The last one I got (before the current one) was a couple days before the import ban hit.  IIRC, I paid about $575 out the door with Tax and DROS. Besides the EO, I guess, there is also the proliferation of cheap AKs: Yugos, Romanian, IOs, etc.  You can get a ready to go pistol grip AK for less than a Saiga now.

I actually got a screaming deal on the IZ132 I have in Cali "10 day Jail." l I traded straight across: My Iraqi Contractor WASR and a Romanian bayonet, for a:  NIB 2014 IZ132, 3 factory mags, Tapco FCG to modify for the saiga, and a standard AK gas tube to do my magic on with the factory forend. Considering new factory mags run $35 each ($70), Tapco G2 runs $35, and the gas tube NOS runs $40, there's $150 of extras I got with the new Saiga for the WASR I had $589 into.  I did well....  That makes my Saiga $439 (+$50 DROS and private party transfer fee.)  I am VERY happy

It is sad to see the state of the Saiga forum boards, though.  These were hopping forums, with one or more new pages of fresh posts a day, if not more.  We were so popular, we even attracted morons and internet trolls!   

Saigas in stock form are still VERY popular in "Californication".  If left stock, or at least not converted to pistol grip, they do not need a "bullet button" and fixed 10 round or less magazines.  If you are like me, and have high capacity magazines that you possessed in California, prior to the ban in 1-1-2000, you can use them in the Saiga.  They can still be decent weapons in this "California Featureless" configuration.

Saigaredeux1_zpse18cb877.jpg