Chaos titan extended rail FTE

I just recently got my S12.  It shot low brass extremely well right out of the box (gas setting 2) with no FTE.  I put my chaos titan extended rail on and it FTE's every single round.  I see there's a small port on the left side of the gas block that's covered by the rail.  Would this have anything to do with it?  If that's the case, do I just need to drill the rail to match up with the port? 

I did the paperclip in the port hole check.  There's 3 holes, all accessible with the paperclip in a 45 degree angle.  

post-50726-0-53941400-1447617159_thumb.png

Edited by Jguff330

That's the way to do it. Also your gun might have been marginal. i.e. barely functioning, but doing so reliably. So a little nudge more friction or blocked gas could make enough difference.

if you are using google, do it like this " site:forumsaiga12.com _your search terms_"  This is the best way to search this and other forums.

I don't hear about 3 port guns very often any more, so it might be worthwhile to do the friction reduction stuff and consider adding two small ports. IMO 4-5 small ports> 3 big ports > 3 medium or small ports.