Dimensional differences between Saiga and VEPR shotguns?

Are there significant dimensional differences?  For instance, the difference between the front of the trunnion and the gas block/cylinder, lengths of the associated handguard sections, etc? I opine that most AK handguards do not fit, and that Saiga shotgun furniture does not interchange with VEPRs, and vice versa. 

Vepr rifles use thicker receivers, probably with the shotguns as well. More options as well. My opinion is that veprs are of a better quality. My Vepr rifle has a thicker barrel than regular ak style rifles. I dont have a shotgun to compare to my saigas.

My opinions, others may vary

I think the barrel is a little thicker just inside the lower hand guard and that the gas block is a millimeter or two closer to the receiver. My memory could be off. Also the bore at the muzzle is a hair bigger on the veprs. like maybe 4 thou or so. I haven't measured it myself, but it's enough that some muzzle devices will have a slight shoulder on the vepr and none on the saigas. IIRC the vepr 12 puck was a shade bigger or smaller o.d. than the IZ 433 puck so one can be made into the other, but I forget which. um also the mag catch is a little different length enough to make a little filing necessary for mags to work in both. The follower has a little different angle too. 

• Like 1