Greetings from Greece,

We have a small but dedicated community here however our resources are 

quite poor on the support department. By necessity we mostly work on our 

own firearms.

I am the proud owner of a .410 Saiga "Combat" (pistol grip, tripod, adjustable sights, scopemount) as they're sold here

and i have began encountering a strange issue. I use only original metal Barnaul slugs and original magazines.

The gun will load properly from a magazine (closed) but after a couple of shots a shell will be jammed in the position as shown. like being "fed" too high. that will additionaly cause the previous shell to end up somewhere inside the gun as shown although sometimes it is ejected before. I would appreciate any advice as to the reasons and any possible solution to my problem. Thank you in advance for your consideration and thank you for accepting me to the forum. (forgive my terminology im not sure i used the words properly. we simply say "stuck" in greek as opposed to stovepiped, misfeed, jammed etc) I hope to keep in touch and up to date with fellow Saiga enthusiasts.

Best Regards

K
post-50747-0-62931700-1447852105_thumb.jpgpost-50747-0-30889100-1447852108_thumb.jpgpost-50747-0-81136400-1447852110_thumb.jpg

Looks to me like you have two shells in there. Try some plastic shells.

Indeed I do. Like I said the one is the ejected shell in the back and the jammed one is the one still fully loaded stuck on that protrusion. It jams there coming out of the magazine.

Think plastics shells might do the trick? I'll give it a try. I'll try to get my hands on some Remingtons. The local stuff is really poor quality. Half of the time the plastic tube dislodges from the metal cap. No comments.

Edited by Byzantinos

I'll try those remingtons asap.

About gas settings, well im not sure how to. My saiga doesnt have the "1-2" rotator.

it only uses magnums. Unless there's some other way i don't know about.

i'll keep you posted how it works out over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks smile.png i do feel very welcome.

I'll try those remingtons asap.

About gas settings, well im not sure how to. My saiga doesnt have the "1-2" rotator.

it only uses magnums. Unless there's some other way i don't know about.

i'll keep you posted how it works out over the weekend.

BYZANTINOS,

HOW OLD IS THIS GUN, CAN YOU SEND A PIC OF THE GAS PLUG, PLEASE?

THANKS,

JESS1344

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back to basics.

Is the extractor claw free and are the pins in the bolt tight?

Does the mag fit into the magwell properly?

Is the mag catch gripping the mag tightly and at the right height?

Is the receiver bent at the magwell?

• Like 1

BYZANTINOS,

WOW, I'VE NEVER SEEN A .410 SAIGA WITH AN AK-TYPE GAS SYSTEM.

IS THIS SOMETHING NEW?

VINNI, ANY HELP HERE?

THANKS,

JESS1344

Old style. The first saigas didn't have tappets. They were way finickier, and basically had to be tuned to run a very specific flavor of ammo. .410 shotguns were more suited to this than the hotter shells, but they tended to only run with max loads. Eventually Izh caved and put the better tappet system into even the .410 guns.

• Like 1

I don't think this the old style. It is setup in a very sexy rifle configuration. With a rifle sights and all. Yes on a shotgun the tapper system give the extra mechanical advantage of psi affecting a larger dia piston. You have to regularly clean this style as it will clog up fast and it's more of a pain to clean. I would start with that. There is some wear on the ejector, and it may need tuned. I would run without the dust cover and see if it will eject better. If the old round don't come out, fix that prob and maybe the feed issue will go away. The 3" steel hull are a lot of mass to accelerate up and out of the gun and it does require a good extractor. Check to see that th extractor is still crisp on the leading edge. But again. Start with the simple stuff first. Clean the gun. You have to stop down and remove the gas tube(upper handguard) to get into the gas block

• Like 1

This is all awesome. As soon as I'm able to (probably this weekend) I'll check everything you guys mentioned. Nice vid!

I can't begin to thank you enough for your help.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have some news. Wish me luck. I really wanna get my lady up and running again. Much appreciated.

Ps. The gas hase been properly cleaned and lubed but I haven't gone into the gas block. Will do so ASAP.

Edited by Byzantinos