***WARNING CHRISTIANITY STUFF AHEAD -- AVOID IF PANTY'S BECOME EASILY BUNCHED***

Not to go off on a tangent (like THAT never happens here...)

But I'm reading Billy Graham's last book -- "Where I Am, heaven, eternity and our life beyond".  I figure if anyone on this earth has an inkling of what awaits us it will be Billy who has studied this stuff his whole life.  He has posited that "hell" will be the complete separation from God for eternity.  Remember that ALL will be judged so ALL will come to know the reality of God.  Now imagine knowing about God but being separated and in darkness for eternity without any senses but memory and being able to constantly replay all instances in your life where you had a chance to accept God's gift and rejected it -- Now that sends shivers up my spine, that would be hell indeed!

So what about the burning and nashing of teeth Jesus talks about?

Marcus Cole: I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

Dad was part of the force that liberated Dachau concentration camp...he didn't talk about it much but I can only hope "what goes around, comes around" in the after life.

My Dad was there too. He didn't talk about it until after my oldest brother died in '84 during an all night beer and shot marathon. Since he spoke fluent Polish they must have used him and he said it was one of the most horrible things he ever witnessed. Let some ignorant bastard say the Holocaust never happened, we know the truth.
Just because our great soldiers saw camps full of starving prisoners doesn't mean there was a burnt offering of six million so called Jews. Imagine what our Japanese "detainees" would have looked like if we were in the process of being over run by the japsor Germans.

I'm not saying terrible things didn't happen but I think just as many gays, gypsies and retards were killed as jews, you don't see them getting their own state.

Read the real history of ww1 to find out why Germans hated Jews and wanted them to leave.

I had a neighbor up in the woods back home in NY. this is absolutely true.

They lived up in the woods in this what looked like a stone foundation, which was actually a fortified bunker. really nice people, but if you tried to set foot on thier land or approach their house without stopping and waiting, one of the steel plates would open and a rifle would pop out. you would usualy get a warning shot into a tree nearby.

I had the local republican party candidates show up asking me to take them up there to talk to them because they were registered republicans, and having visited with them on a handful of occasions with a local friend, i agreed.

well we got shot at. we went and got an american flag and came back, and only THEN did they come out.

they were the only surviving members of thier families from auchwitz. they were children at the time and married after the war because none of each of thier families survived and had the tattoos and hatred to prove it...even the police wouldnt go up there.

really nice people, but i HIGHLY DOUBT two kids did anything wrong to be thrown into a death camp.

i hope they find hitlers remains and dump them into the abyssal trench. fuck that asshole. Ill remind everyone that eugenics was popular at the time even here in the US, but hitler went WAY WAY too far.

Edited by Ben Vampatella

Dad was part of the force that liberated Dachau concentration camp...he didn't talk about it much but I can only hope "what goes around, comes around" in the after life.

My Dad was there too. He didn't talk about it until after my oldest brother died in '84 during an all night beer and shot marathon. Since he spoke fluent Polish they must have used him and he said it was one of the most horrible things he ever witnessed. Let some ignorant bastard say the Holocaust never happened, we know the truth.
Just because our great soldiers saw camps full of starving prisoners doesn't mean there was a burnt offering of six million so called Jews. Imagine what our Japanese "detainees" would have looked like if we were in the process of being over run by the japsor Germans.

I'm not saying terrible things didn't happen but I think just as many gays, gypsies and retards were killed as jews, you don't see them getting their own state.

Read the real history of ww1 to find out why Germans hated Jews and wanted them to leave.

A freakin holocaust denier!  I suppose you will say that "only" 50000 or so died and it was due to overcrowding and typhus and that the Germans were only using the Jews as a wartime workforce???   You are either misinformed, ignorant, anti-semitic or any combination of the above.  You use the term "I think" in the statement above -- may I suggest you think a bit longer after you educate yourself on the reality of the holocaust which you clearly have yet to do.

I am 62 and have been studying the Holocaust extensively since the age of 10.  I have lived in Germany for 12 years.  I have visited Dachau, Bergen Belsen, Mauthausen, Treblinka, Sobibor and Auschwitz.  I and every logically thinking human being knows that the Holocaust occurred -- that it was a specific designed program with the specific intent to exterminate the European Jews.  Yes homosexuals, the Roma, political opponents of the regime and others were targeted but the vast majority of victims were Jewish.

Your views marks you as uneducated and/or bigoted.  Your statement pertaining to the end of WW1 marks you as an unabashed idiot.  So I guess you are trying to justify the "stab in the back" theory?  That the Jews caused the loss of WW1 and not the coming military defeat on the front?  Are you the product of our current education system?  Sure looks like it, unfortunately. Anti Semitism did not start with the end of WW1.  Here's a hint -- google the word "pogrom". The hatred of Jews has been around ever since the placing of Christ on the cross.

A free bit of education for you:  Jews have been called "Christ Killers" and hated  for almost 2000 years by the ignorant and uneducated.

Man oh man!  Antisemites really get under my skin!  They are the lowest form of bigots and their mental vomit needs to be cleaned up with the truth everywhere it is found.

• Like 4

Three questions, why would you take the time to tattoo someone that is sent to a death camp, a place where you supposedly send people to only be murdered, why would there be a swiming pool at said death camp, why would they issue currency at said death camp.

i hope they find hitlers remains and dump them into the abyssal trench. fuck that asshole. Ill remind everyone that eugenics was popular at the time even here in the US, but hitler went WAY WAY too far.

Eugenics is still popular, it's now called Planned Parenthood.

• Like 1

Eugenics is still popular, it's now called Planned Parenthood.
+1

Three questions, why would you take the time to tattoo someone that is sent to a death camp, a place where you supposedly send people to only be murdered, why would there be a swiming pool at said death camp, why would they issue currency at said death camp.

three answers:

1.  Tattoos first started in Dachau the first KZ in 1933.  Germans being the attention to detail types they are, they felt the need to keep a tally of all the victim population.  Later in the death camps the tattoos were administered by fellow "prisoners" with implements as crude as a nail and a container of ink.  Germans considered tattoos to be an effective method of identification no matter how emaciated or tortured the victim became.  You also need to remember that able bodied Jews, even in Auschwitz could prolong their hellish life by being worked to death slowly.  The Germans also needed a way to ID any person who tried to escape.  The tattoos eventually were no longer applied as the entire system began to break down as the fall of the Reich occurred.

2.  Common fallacy.  There were no "swimming pools" in Auschwitz.  The pools were part of the water treatment plant of the camp.

3.  Pure myth.  There was no issued currency at Auschwitz.  At most the members of sonderkommando Kanada would trade with a few SS guards by trading found currency, gold, diamonds and other valuables for food.

I notice that you have not tried to defend your last comments.  That gives me hope that you may be operating out of ignorance instead of hatred.

I am happy to answer any other questions you may have -- anything I can do to shine truth into darkness...

Also, the overall total for the destruction of the European Jews has been determined to be close to 5,933,900.  The exact number is known but to God and will never be known by Man.  The number has been rounded up to 6 million since it is extremely feasible that another "paltry" 65K souls may have lost their lives.

I don't deny something happened. What I don't buy is the "offical" story. Where did the 6 million number come from?

6 millions? Second try. https://youtu.be/Dda-0Q_XUhk

This is one of many places that corroborates the 6 million number...

Country
Pre-Final Solution Jewish Population
Jewish Population Killed in Final Solution
Percent Killed
Poland
90%
Baltic Countries
90%
Germany/Austria
88%
Protectorate
89%
Slovakia
83%
Greece
77%
The Netherlands
75%
Hungary
70%
White Russia
65%
Ukraine*
60%
Belgium
60%
Yugoslavia
60%
Romania
50%
Norway
50%
France
26%
Bulgaria
22%
Italy
20%
Luxembourg
20%
Russia *
11%
Denmark
--
--
Finland
--
--
Total
67%

see? im not the only one

those numbers are way low btw.

back to my story...

these two old fucker i knew back home....they had obvious lifelong tatoos of a number and very breifly told me about it....

you didnt refuse pickled toungue or hoofs from them.

these two nice folks would shoot you if you approached thier "house" and the state police wouldnt prosecute them for "clipping" hunters either. (which they did several times)

someone explain to me why you would be like that please if this was not true.

in the most liberal state in the nation... even the cops wouldnt go up there.....i guess they are just making this up ?

i saw their tatoos, btw

its one thing to do this to someBODY ---  but it another thing to do this to somePEOPLE

Edited by Ben Vampatella

the holocaust didnt happen? LOL are you stupid?

my friend runs this website, but really, are you that stupid?

i should be a little more clear about that, i was about to hammer this website then remembered that my frieend owns it.

why dont you ask him about the losses? hmm? 40 million people is a lotta loss....you have fun with that.

Edited by Ben Vampatella

Holocaust deniers are akin to Clinton supporters. They both refuse to believe the truth and cannot be reasoned with. Some people are just proud as hell that they are ignorant, denying the plane truth makes them as happy as a pig shitting apple butter!

• Like 5

A Christian, as well as am I.

Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."

Can't the genes of the modern-day Jews be traced back to eastern Europe? I'm no scholar but I also have read the bible. In regulations 3:9 it is fortold that people will impersonate the jews, I think it makes sense that the black people in America are the true Israelites, that's why the push to call them African Americans that way their true identity is kept from them. The reason I think this could be ture is it is also fortold the iseralies will be enslaved and spread throughout all nation's. When has that happened? I don't think ww2 is what is meant in that scripture.

three answers:

1.  Tattoos first started in Dachau the first KZ in 1933.  Germans being the attention to detail types they are, they felt the need to keep a tally of all the victim population.  Later in the death camps the tattoos were administered by fellow "prisoners" with implements as crude as a nail and a container of ink.  Germans considered tattoos to be an effective method of identification no matter how emaciated or tortured the victim became.  You also need to remember that able bodied Jews, even in Auschwitz could prolong their hellish life by being worked to death slowly.  The Germans also needed a way to ID any person who tried to escape.  The tattoos eventually were no longer applied as the entire system began to break down as the fall of the Reich occurred.

Also it was a slap in the face to Jewish beliefs.  The Lord commands the Jews in the Torah not to mark their bodies in any way.

I think he's implying that a Jewish person about Hitler's size killed himself, to portray Hitler as a coward.

DNA evidence checked later showed that the body of "Hitler" from the bunker was actually a woman.

You mean the Russian held skull fragment with the small bullet hole..  yup it has been debunked.  My wife brought up something interesting that I've never thought of -- she wondered if it could be from Eva Braun???

The piece of evidence that needs to be debunked for me to really get into this show is the part of the lower mandible that is supposed to be Hitler's.  The dentistry has been pretty conclusive -- Hitler had some pretty unique and messed up teeth and the jaw fragment matches...

I have pasted an article on the subject.  It is long but (to me) very interesting.

The Woman Who Held Hitler's Teeth

by Bess Lovejoy

AUG 18, 2015 3:05 PM

IMAGE BY KAT AILEEN

In the days following the end of WWII, translator Elena Rzhevskaya was tasked with a bizarre job: protecting a jewelry box containing the only irrefutable proof of Hitler's death.

When we hear the name Hitler, we don't often think about his cavities. Given the towering history of World War II, it's odd to consider its architects as real human beings, with bad breath and stomach trouble, shoes that hurt, compressed spines, and artificial teeth. Hitler, for all that he was portrayed as an archetype of evil, was also a man of flesh and blood who eventually became a corpse. And when he died, proof of his death was carried through the ruins of Berlin by a young woman who found herself thrust into some of strangest, and most strangely human, moments of the end of the war.

During the spring of 1945, Elena Kagan was a 25-year-old war widow working as a German translator with the Soviet Red Army. Born to a well-off family of Moscow Jews, she had been a literature student and young mother when the war broke out. Her husband, an intellectual writer, was killed early in the conflict, and Kagan says she enlisted with the army as a way to feed her daughter. Her knowledge of German proved essential for interrogating prisoners, but her most memorable task began on April 29, 1945, when she was assigned to a team of three charged with finding Hitler, dead or alive. Her memoir of her war days, first published as "Berlin Notes" in a Soviet literary magazine in 1965, provided the world with the first details about how Hitler's body had been found and identified. A fuller version of her memoir went on to appear in more than ten languages, but has never been published in English, aside from selections in obscure journals and anthologies.

In her writings, Kagan--who later changed her name to Rzhevskaya in honor of the city of Rzhev, where she first experienced the full extent of the war--describes her compassion for the captured German soldiers, many barely adults, their bloodshot eyes wild with terror, and for the German women who were treated as war booty. She writes of orphans and cows wandering the bombed-out streets, soldiers getting drunk on the fine wines left by the fleeing Nazis, a Russian telegraphist trying on Eva Braun's long white evening dress, and, finally, what it was like to walk around carrying Hitler's teeth.

She was given the teeth on May 8, eight days after Hitler's death, when they were placed in a red jewelry box for her safekeeping. "I don't know where they found the box," she writes in the latest version of her recollections, Memoirs of a Wartime Interpreter, a translated extract of which was provided by her literary agency to Broadly. "It was old, dark claret in color, with a soft satin lining inside--the kind of box made for perfumes or for cheap jewelry... That entire day was infused with the sense of approaching victory, and it was a great burden to carry this box around the whole time, feeling a rush of cold inside at the thought that I might accidentally forget it somewhere. The box weighed heavy on me. It oppressed me."

The day Rzhevskaya refers to, May 8, was the day Germany signed an act of surrender, and much of the world erupted in celebration. It was also the day of Hitler's autopsy at a makeshift morgue in a clinic in Buch, on the northwest outskirts of Berlin. Rzhevskaya reports that she didn't come to close to the "roughly made crates with their awful black remains inside," but she describes the difficult search for Hitler's body, rife with confusion and false positives.

The box weighed heavy on me. It oppressed me.

Hitler had committed suicide in his bunker beneath the chancellery on April 30, 1945, and asked his aides to burn his body until nothing remained. He didn't want his body to be displayed in some Moscow waxworks, he declared, or in a "spectacle arranged by Jews." But the Soviets remained unaware of his fate until the next day, when General Hans Krebs exited the bunker and, as part of a failed attempt to negotiate an armistice, informed a Soviet commander that Hitler was dead.

Several days later, a Soviet soldier found the half-charred bodies of a man and a woman buried inside a shell crater near the bunker's emergency exit. He'd noticed the tip of a gray blanket peeking out from the crater, which matched descriptions--produced by interrogating the few aides who remained in the bunker--of the blanket in which Hitler and Eva Braun's corpses had been wrapped. The bodies were accompanied by two dogs, later identified as Hitler's beloved Blondi and one of her pups. Surrounding the dead were several dark-colored medicine phials, pages of handwriting, money, and a metal medallion that read, "Let me be with you forever."

Soldiers packed the remains into wooden ammunition crates, and Rzhevskaya and her team accompanied them to the morgue in Buch. Hitler's autopsy was directed by Colonel Faust Iosifovich Shkaravsky but performed by a woman, Major Anna Yakovlevna Marants. She noted that the corpse was badly carbonized, giving off the "odor of burned meat," and only the jaws remained relatively unscathed. The doctors pried the bones loose, and then Rzhevskaya was given the claret-colored box.

Teeth are like signatures--no two people have the same set. Unlike signatures, they're hard to forge. They've been used to identify bodies in criminal trials since the mid-19th century, and the Soviet doctors knew that Hitler's jaws would be key to proving his death to the world.

After the autopsies, around midnight, Rzhevskaya's team heard news of Germany's surrender on the radio. "Silently we poured wine," she writes. "I put the little box on the floor. Silently the three of us clinked glasses, filled with emotion, disheveled, lost for words, as the sounds of fireworks in Moscow came through the radio. I ran back down the steep staircase to the ground floor... I will never forget the feeling that rushed over me at that moment. Was this really happening to me? Was this really me standing there at the hour of Germany's surrender clutching a box containing the last remaining irrefutable proof about Hitler?"

When dawn broke the next morning, Rzhevskaya and her team set off to search for anyone with information about Hitler's mouth. Driving through what remained of Berlin's roads, dotted with collapsed buildings and thick with refugees, they found a still-functioning hospital, where they asked a doctor for the name of Hitler's dentist. The doctor had no clue, but he directed them to a famous laryngologist, Carl von Eicken, who had treated Hitler. A Bulgarian student working at Eicken's clinic knew the name of Hitler's dentist, Professor Blaschke, and climbed into Rzhevskaya's car to direct them to his dental office on one of Berlin's poshest streets. There, a doctor emerged wearing a red ribbon in his buttonhole, "a sign of welcome and solidarity with the Russians," Rzhevskaya writes. He explained that Hitler's dentist had fled, but that his dental assistant, Käthe Hausermann, lived just a few doors down.

Was this really me standing there clutching a box containing the last remaining irrefutable proof about Hitler?

Hausermann walked in wearing a blue coat; Rzhevskaya describes her as a tall, attractive woman in her mid-thirties, blond hair escaping a scarf tied around her head. Upon seeing the Russians, she began to weep. She had been raped by Soviet soldiers before and had to be convinced this group was friendly. Once calmed, she was asked to describe her memory of Hitler's teeth. The location of his crowns and a sawn-through upper left bridge matched the teeth in the jewelry box, but Rzhevskaya's team needed further proof. Hausermann led them to a tiny, mildewed dental office in Hitler's bunker, where she produced Hitler's dental x-rays. The images--the placement of root canal fillings, sites of bone breakdown, and unusual bridges--confirmed that the body found in the rubble outside the chancellery had belonged to Hitler. A dental technician named Fritz Echtmann, who had worked in the same laboratory as Hausermann and created crowns and bridges for both Hitler and Eva Braun, verified the findings.

Later, when Rzhevskaya asked Hausermann why she had remained in Berlin instead of fleeing alongside her boss, the dental assistant replied that she had lost contact with her fiancé and wanted to stay in Berlin so he would be able to find her. (She had also buried a cache of dresses outside the city, "saving them from the bombs and the flames," Rzhevskaya writes, and wanted to stay close to them.) After the war, Hausermann would be deported to the Soviet Union, to spend ten years in Russian labor camps. Her crime? Having helped sustain a bourgeois regime through dental work.

With the confirmation in place, Rzhevskaya wrote a letter to her family in Moscow telling them she would soon be coming home. That didn't happen--as far as Stalin was concerned, there was still work to do. The American press reported that Hitler's body had been found, but the Russian media encouraged the idea that Hitler was still in hiding. In fact, Stalin would eventually keep the truth about Hitler's death from even his top commanders. In fact, when Rzhevskaya later met the commander who had led the assault on Germany and captured Berlin, Georgy Zhukov, in the 1960s, he asked her: "Is Hitler really dead?"

While awaiting word from Stalin about what to do next, Rzhevskaya's team moved to the small town of Finow, where they had the remains in the wooden boxes secretly sent to them. Late one night, they buried the boxes in the forest. Stalin dispatched a general to confirm their findings, then sent word that although he was satisfied, he would not make the results public because the "capitalist encirclement remain[ed] in place." Rzhevskaya wasn't allowed to return to Moscow for months. Meanwhile, Hitler's remains were moved to a military base in Magdeburg in 1946, and in 1970, before the base was returned to German control, they were exhumed, burned again, ground into dust, and thrown into a tributary of the Elbe river. Hitler had finally achieved the task he commanded his aides to carry out after death--no trace of him remained on this earth. Well, except for those jaws.

The placement of root canal fillings, sites of bone breakdown, and unusual bridges confirmed that the body found in the rubble had belonged to Hitler.

Rzhevskaya says she has long pondered Stalin's decision not to announce the confirmation of Hitler's death. In Memoirs of a Wartime Interpreter, she notes that "the system that Stalin built could only survive as long as it had an enemy to face, both within and without... If Hitler was still alive then it meant that Nazism had not yet been completely defeated and the world would remain in a state of tension"--tension that Stalin hoped to manipulate to his own ends. Stalin encouraged reports saying that Hitler had fled to Argentina, was being sheltered by Franco in Spain, or had been spotted hiding in various outposts around the world. By Rzhevskaya's account, he needed his old enemy.

But Rzhevskaya was determined that the world should know the truth. Still alive at age 95 and residing in Moscow, where she's an accomplished writer with several memoirs and six war novels to her credit, she says she battled state censorship for years before publishing her accounts of the war's last days. "By the will of fate," she writes, "I came to take part in ensuring that Hitler was unable to achieve his final objective of disappearing, turning into a myth."

On Hitler's Teeth - or, the Death of a Dictator.

Alongside his many other faults, Adolf Hitler had very bad teeth -catastrophically bad teeth.  It is not clear precisely why - bad genes, bad diet or poor personal hygiene - but some among his entourage would later claim that his halitosis was sometimes so bad that they involuntarily took a step back when talking to him.  By the last year of the war, his teeth had deteriorated to such a state that only 5 of his 32 adult teeth were his own.  This X-Ray of Hitler's skull, taken in the autumn of 1944 in the aftermath of the 20th July Bomb Plot, shows the scale of the problem.  The dark patches where his teeth should be are crowns, with only the five front teeth of Hitler's bottom jaw showing as his own.

An apple a day...

Given that Hitler had the teeth of a Berlin hobo, therefore, he required some elaborate dentistry to conceal the dark truth.  Consequently, his dentist Hugo Blaschke constructed a network of gold crowns and bridges with porcelain veneers inside the Führer's mouth.  Now, to any German of that generation, working in close proximity to their leader would have been a memorable experience, but for Blaschke and his assistants - Käthe Heusermann and Fritz Echtmann - it was also the complex dentistry that stuck in their minds, not least the famed "telephone bridge" that spanned a crown in Hitler's lower jaw. 

Such recollections were to come in useful.  Though Blaschke escaped to the south and was eventually captured by the Americans, and the dental records were destroyed in the Börnersdorf plane crash (which also ultimately spawned the "Hitler Diaries" fiasco), the two assistants - Heusermann and Echtmann remained in Berlin and were duly arrested by the Soviets.  Under interrogation, they were asked to describe Hitler's elaborate dentistry from memory - Heusermann had been Blaschke's dental assistant, and Echtmann had crafted the bridges.  They did so; they also produced sketches - Heusermann's sketch (complete with Russian annotation) is here..

Then, on 9 May 1945, Heusermann and Echtmann were shown pieces of jaw that the Soviets had retrieved from one of the 14 or so charred corpses that had been discovered in the Reich Chancellery garden the week before.  Both immediately affirmed that the teeth and bone that they were handling were indeed those of Adolf Hitler.  The dentistry on show also conformed precisely to what the two had described and sketched prior to being shown the remains.  The teeth were Hitler's. 

Thereafter - according to Heusermann, who was flown back to Moscow for 10 years of further questioning - the teeth were carried around in a cigar box and were opened referred to by their NKVD handlers as "Hitler". These, incidentally, are the same jaw fragments that are still kept in the Moscow Special Archive. Clearly, it seems, the Soviets were convinced that the teeth in their possession were those of Hitler and - logically - that Hitler was therefore dead. Indeed, in mid-May, Soviet intelligence officers confirmed to their Western counterparts that Hitler had "been poisoned" and Zhukov admitted to Khrushchev that they had found Hitler's "charred carcass".

Hitler's teeth, with the 'telephone bridge' (right)

Sadly, however, within a few days Soviet leaders had opted to deny the obvious and chose instead to sow confusion over Hitler's death, insinuating that the German dictator had somehow survived and had escaped to the Western zones of occupation - thereby giving themselves an excellent stick with which to beat the West in the opening exchanges of the Cold War.  It is the subsequent campaign of disinformation and obfuscation that led to the outlandish tales of Hitler's survival - in the jungles of Patagonia, in fascist Spain, or in the secret Nazi base on the moon - that occasionally resurface to this day.  

Of course, it should be clear from this brief essay that if Hitler did in fact escape Berlin, we have to assume that he did so missing both his upper and lower jaw.  That 'escaped Hitler' would not only have to have been a master of disguise and have had the escapology skills of a Houdini - he would have been a medical miracle...

Really Bad Teeth

Hitler [1] had very bad teeth and a very bad breath. Before the war, he asked Blaschke, his dentist, to immobilize his teeth with a dental bridge. He wanted that bridge to be placed for several years. Thus, Blaschke made an unusual and easy-to-recognize solid metal bridge.

End of war…Beginning of the investigation…

On April 30, 1945, Hitler committed suicide. His body was burnt in a bomb crater in the garden of the Chancellery next to a hospital and amongst other corpses which were buried afterwards.

Despite the investigation of British officer Trevor-Roper and despite being approached diplomatically, the Russians did not answer any questions concerning this affair until 1954. It was only that year, when Blaschke’s dental prosthetist, Fritz Echtmann, was realeased from prison, [2]; –he had been interned in Russia for nine years- that the entire world learnt about the exact fate of the Führer and his wife. On October 15, Echtmann stipulated that he had been arrested by the Russian secret services on May 9, 1945 in his house in Berlin. On the same year, once she was also released and back from Russia, Blaschke’s assistant, Käthe Heusermann [3] attested to also have been arrested on May 9, 1945.

Post-mortem examinations

The Führer’s body was only found again on May 3, 1945 by Smersh agents, the counter-intelligence department in the Soviet Army. On May 8, he was brought in a hospital of Berlin’s suburbs to be examined. On May 9, his dentures (Figure 1) found on the cadaver were shown to the assistant of Hitler’s personal dentist [2] and to the dental mechanic who had made them. Echtmann [4] recalled that the Soviets had shown him a lower jaw which had been cremated with two gold bridges and another one divided into nine pieces which was also in gold and which was coming from his jawbone. Indisputably, he remembered the work he did for Hitler. He was shown a gold-filled bridge, which was similar to that of the mandible that Eva Braun used to wear. When he was imprisoned, he submitted an additional nine-page report on the matter.

View Full Image

Figure 1:

Fragment of Adolf Hitler’s mandible [14]. 

In the same time, the assistant identified the various elements of dental prosthesis that were being shown to her. Both of them remembered well the red box in which Hitler’s remains were stored, and of the tall blond interpreter who permitted discussions with the Russians.

Those two statements were published and yet, doubts remained. The need of an official report without flaws and coming to an indisputable and irrefutable conclusion became obvious.

First public revelations

In 1965, Yelena Rzevskaya, the blond interpreter whom Echtmann and Heusermann mentioned, published a report entitled «Berlin, May 1945» in a Soviet magazine. This work was published as a book and translated into numerous languages in 1967. This work told how the Russians discovered thirteen charred corpses in the gardens of the Chancellery, how, in the following days; they were examined by a commission of five specialists conducted by lieutenant-colonel Faust Schkarawski in the hospital of Russian field n° 496 of Berlin-Buch.

On the afternoon of May 8, the commission handed over a red box to the Smersh. It contained jawbones and gold bridges from bodies n°12 and 13 who were suspected to be Hitler’s and Eva Braun’s. This box was handed over to the interpreter.

The following day, the Smersh were looking for Hugo Blaschke, his dental prosthetist and his assistant. At the clinic of Kurfürstendamm, they found out that the dentist had left Berlin for Berchtesgaden under the Führer’s command on April 19. However, they succeeded in taking in the two others for questioning.

They were asked about the content of the red box which was shown to them. All that they said was immediately recorded before they had the chance to examine the human remains.

On May 10, the Smersh sent a report to Moscow. It concluded that the two remaining bodies had been identified as Hitler and Eva Braun’s remains [4].

The red box and its content were sent back to the Soviet capital.

Lew Besymenski, a Russian journalist

In 1966, Lew Besymenski, a Russian journalist and cultural attaché for West Germany, published a book entitled « Der Tod des Adolf Hitler (Adolf Hitler’s death) » which was also translated into several languages including French in 1969 by the Plon Editions. In that work, Colonel Gorbushin’s words were quoted, the director of the Russian secret services, those of colonel Schkarawski as well as those of other members of the commission in charge of the post-mortem examination of the corpses. The complete transcriptions of the examination sessions of the thirteen bodies as well as pictures of pieces of bridges could also be found in the book. For the very first time, dental experts from different countries could examine from few post-mortem elements that Hitler and Eva Braun’s identification had been carried out. The issue was that Besymenski’s book did not give other comparative perspectives of other post-mortem elements. Indeed, the book never mentioned elements from the dictator’s dental file as well as his X-rays copies. Consequently, no verification of the final results was made possible [4].

Pr Reidar Sognnaes and his Investigations

In 1971, Dr Ferdinand Strøm from Oslo asked for Dr Reidar Sognnaes’s help (Figure 4), UCLA dental school’s former dean (University of California, Los Angeles). Strøm recalled Sognnaes that the Americans had captured Blaschke in Berchtesgaden in November 1945. Thus, there was an interrogation report in the army’s archives in Washington. Given Pr Sognnaes’s rank, they wondered if he might get further information on that affair.

The preeminent practitioner immediately went to the capital and was allowed to research in the national archives. Soon, he found the American secret services’ file on Blaschke’s interrogation which was conducted on November/December 1945. Without these files and the X-rays copies, the Nazi recalled Hitler’s, Eva Braun’s and Bormann’s teeth. Comparing with Besymenski’s photographs, common features were found and yet differences were also obvious.

After further investigations, Sognnaes found five X-ray copies of Hitler’s had, three dating from September 1944 and two from October 21, 1944. This set of photographs was made because the dictator was suffering from sinus problems. Those images gave more details concerning the dental work carried out in his mouth and were indisputable. The professor had found objective documents identifying indisputably Adolf Hitler [5].

Epilogue

During the 6th meeting of the International Academy of Legal Medicine in Edinburgh, Sognnaes and Strøm [6] confirmed the identification of Hitler from his teeth to a group of international experts. The two men published their results in the following article:

Sognnaes R. F. & Ström F., The odontological identification of Adolf Hitler. Definitive documentation by X-Rays, interrogation and autopsy findings, in Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, Feb. 1973; 31 (1): 43-69 [4,5].

Adolf Hitler’s teeth are displayed in a Ukrainian museum.