030 Type LRBHO Malfunction

My LRBHO keeps sticking all of a sudden, and when I inspected my Saiga I saw a threaded silver pin sticking out where I am to press to engage the BHO manually without firing it, and its rather wiggly. I seem to remember there being a black button there, and from my limited understanding of mechanical engineering I'd imagine if there were a cap with a spring screwed on there it would pull the bolt block down after the bolt is pulled back from where the BHO holds it. Since it probably shot off either when I: A. dropped my shotgun on its stock in my somewhat messy room or: B. Fell off either in the field goose hunting or at the range amidst 1000s of empty cases 3 days ago I'm wondering if there is a quick and easy way to fix this? There is still a week of goose hunting left and I don't want to miss out because my bolt keeps getting stuck.

You lost the spring and nut. The quick fix for the remaining goose season is to take the plunger out. It's pretty simple to do. In the long term you are going to have to find/make a replacement nut and spring. Currently the only source for a replacement assembly is Russia.

But you are in luck, this happened to me as well. I fabricated a replacement by dremeling down the edges of a nut and making the correct cutout. Since then I sourced the factory parts. I am willing to give you my replacement nut/spring. It's not an exact copy but it's good enough to get that LRBHO working again.

My thread...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/86039-what-came-off-my-lrbhomagwell/?hl=%2Blost+%2Blrbho

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • Like 1

I was gladly accept one from you if you'd like to sell/give me one. I was actually thinking of you and Legion itself when I wrote this. In the mean time I'm cleaning my room trying to find it, and would be happy to know how to remove the rest of the BHO so I don't have to try to pull the pin down after I empty the mag. 

I believe what you are calling a pin I am referring to as the plunger. After you remove the carrier and the bolt you can proceed in removing the plunger. It's easy, just push it up by the magwell using your index finger and rotate it. You'll figure it out.

I am not going to sell you a 25 cent nut. Send me your address in a pm and I will get it out this weekend. Pass the gratitude down to someone else. And remember, this is not an exact copy. It's not going to look correct but it will function the same.

• Like 3

Thank you very much! Will I be getting a spring too or will I have to get one myself? If so I'm fine with it, I just need to know the size a how much pressure it puts out or whatever information I need. 

I should have tried to remove it sooner... I can take the spring and bolt out and grip the plunger[?] on the inside with pliers but it doesn't want to rotate no matter how hard I push up with my finger. I seems like its stuck on that flappy paddle it pushes up on the inside parallel to the safety lever. 

Is this maybe an issue that mine is still in the factory configuration? I guess I'll just have to get creative as to how to release the bolt without breaking my fingers in the meantime.

I'll add I don't mean to seem like a petulant child throwing their hands up and going "I CAN'T DO IT!" I just don't know what you can force and what you can't and I don't want to break my gun because I'm trying to twist this part out wrong. I took "easy" to mean it would just come right out and being as its putting up such a fight turning it clockwise or counterclockwise that pliers slide off I'm wondering if I'm missing something and if I keep trying to use brute force might break it worse.