Issues with JTE magwell and mags

So I finished converting my new to me saiga 12 and added the jte magwell. Tried modifying a mag and couldn't get it to lock in. Pretty sure I trashed it. I removed the front tab and the top ribs on a SGM 10 rounder and it wouldn't go. My magwell is just a hair forward if where it's suppose to be by like maybe a 1/16th?

Can somebody post a mag mod video maybe I did it wrong. Maybe my magwell is to far forward and not aligning right?

Thanks for any help.

So I finished converting my new to me saiga 12 and added the jte magwell. Tried modifying a mag and couldn't get it to lock in. Pretty sure I trashed it. I removed the front tab and the top ribs on a SGM 10 rounder and it wouldn't go. My magwell is just a hair forward if where it's suppose to be by like maybe a 1/16th?

Can somebody post a mag mod video maybe I did it wrong. Maybe my magwell is to far forward and not aligning right?

Thanks for any help.

I am quoting to remind myself to make you two videos. Don't throw the mag away. At the least it can be plastic welded.

• 2 months later...

Oh crap. Dropped the ball on that. I was moving at the time.

The magwell should be placed exactly where it is supposed to go. 1/16" is actually a pretty far amount off. 

Fitting the mags to a magwell that's in the wrong spot is a bad idea. I could probably salvage them, but that might be past other people's skills.

The mag modifications are difficult to describe well. I had to remove what seemed like an extreme amount of material to get lockup. After the first one, I got over it and did the rest quickly with good results. 

• Like 1
I am currently in the middle of installing a JTE magwell on my saiga. After I mounted the magwell I noticed that the front side barely hung over the edge of the receiver. I took a file to it and removed just a hair of material to make it flush. probably not the best idea but like everything else on this gun it seems to have a loose tolerance. After I filed a bit off I reinserted my mags that I have been fitting and they went in even smoother than before. My sgm comp mags seem to go in easy and lock right into place. My regular sgm mags are still a little off. the one I was having problems with, which was it would go in and lock but if I tugged on it would slip off the mag catch and come out. After filing it went in and locked into place and I couldn't get it out by just tugging on it anymore.  I have a 2 round sgm that I got to go hunting possibly, I had it fitting before I filed the magwell and it fit very snug. Now it goes in easy and locks but has a little side play that lets it rock sideways a bit.

My only question right now is what do I do to fix the sideways play that some of the mags have. I would guess maybe I removed alittle to much material when taking the side ribs off but I'm not really sure.

Don't worry about the side play.

If it really bothers you, you can plastic weld a vertical rib on the sides. Use a strip of plastic cut from the monte carlo stock that came with the gun.

BTW, it would be a lot easier to answer your questions with pictures or video.