WTB: CETME C rifle

Yeah, they're pretty good guns. IIRC, they were actually developed first, and then came the HK G3 series. They were developed at the same time as the FN FAL, and are in the same class (main battle rifle) as the FAL and M-14. They're chambered in .308, which is nice.

I have one, with a LOT of accessories, that I'd love to trade for a Saiga 12 converted, or would sell for cash.

Has had trigger work, 2 full sets of furniture, new carry handle, 30rd mags, etc.

e-mail me if interested.

PM and email sent. Thanks!

Simple request, I'm looking for a CETME rifle. Anybody got one they want to sell? Thanks!

Sentry Arms & Services in Odessa,Texas has 2 brand new ones for sale..They are not of Century make..At least one is Stainless with bouCou accesories..with or with out..You could probably wjeel & deal Dennis out of em .

His email is Sentry5211@aol.com

Phone # is ... 432-381-6671

Problem is all the ones I see are made by Century. :unsure:

you say that like its a bad thing. i have a cetme modelo C by century no problems with mine after 3500 rounds except that my plastic hand guard is a little melted from all the rapid fire. but then then again its just an excuse to outfit it with one of those aluminium tri mount picatinny handguards. mmmmmmmmmm sexy

this

cetme.jpg

plus

96528_ts.JPG

equals

r0x0rz j00 b0x0rz

I don't have any problem buying a rifle marked "Imported by CAI," I just won't buy any more rifles assembled by them on their receivers. The quality is hit or miss with those guys and I choose not to full with it. Had a CETME, fired fine, functioned reliably, assuming I jammed a mag up in the well real hard each time... wouldn't take ANY G3 mags without modification. Look around online on other forums, there are horror stories far worse then any of us have experienced. The WASR-10s they convert to high cap are poorly done, been there too. My friend bought one of their handguns and it jammed. I sold my CETME off for what I had in it, bought a PTR-91 and haven't looked back!

Now I want an FAL, since its the most popular battle rifle I don't yet have, think I'm going to get Century's model with its mix of inch and metric parts? I don't think so. I'd rather put that $500 towards a gun assembled from a parts kit on an Imbel or DSA receiver, or better yet, DSA all the way.

That's just what I've concluded from my dealings with them thus far. I'm not saying they are total crap (I reserve that for Hesse/Vulcan), I'm just saying I don't feel I can count on them to produce quality guns one right after the other like I can some with other big names.

wouldn't take ANY G3 mags without modification.

well thats because cetme and hk91 mag are totally different. cetme mags are curved hk91 mags are not. its like trying to put a square block in a round hole. so don't blame the gun for not doing something it wasn't designed to do.

Yeah I realize the mags aren't the same, my point is that no mags, not even the steal Cetme mags worked like they were "designed" to do. Some people CAN use G3 mags in theirs and therefore don't fool with the Cetme mags. Mine didn't like either. I'm not complaining, I know I got what I paid for... I was unlucky in that mine wasn't 100%, I've talked to others who've had far worse, whereas you all have had success. Like I said before, its hit or miss.

wouldn't take ANY G3 mags without modification.

well thats because cetme and hk91 mag are totally different. cetme mags are curved hk91 mags are not. its like trying to put a square block in a round hole. so don't blame the gun for not doing something it wasn't designed to do.

no, no, no: my cetme takes G3 mags all day, you just have to find the one that fits good, not sloppy, also, in the manual it states that the mag needs a hard rap to go in all the way, other wise it will ride up over the casing. my fires flawlessly and i would not get rid of it. i am changing it over to wood though cause i think it looks a lot better, got a VG set of wood coming in the mail and i'm gonna strip it down and redo in cherry i think, i still have not decided. like you said, it is hit and miss and what kind of mood the assemblers were in that day. never buy one made on a monday or a friday.

I got my cetme fixed put it back into spec . then added a fancy wood sock stock and Flash hider. my takes g3 alum mags all day long. I allso molly coat in in side parts I am runnig it dry. 1k with out any problems. sorry my is not for sell.

Nice.

Edit: You should post a pic.

Edited by KySoldier

If your century cetme wont take g-3 mags there is some other problem as the only difference between their g-3 and cetme receiver is the c or g stamped on the serial number. There are many problems with the century built guns, they rewelded the trunions without repinning the barrels, so head spaceing is a problem among others.

Remember if the price gets to high there are the PTR's out there for not too much more than CETME's