Saiga barrel length verification

Just spoke with Larry Wood from RAA, he has faxed me a copy of tha ATF letter stating that all the S12s that I have here, AND all the ones I have sent out already need to go back to RAA to either be made compliant, or be verified if already compliant. I am sending my inventory back on monday, and anyone who has purchased and recieved them either from me, or any other dealer, may send them directly to RAA to have them modded/inspected and sent directly back with no FFL needed at RAA's expense on shipping. The second shipment is already on the water on its way here, and is the same way. RAA has said that end of March they are expecting some 19" guns to be here, and can swap them for these gun for anyone interested. Please direct all inquiries about shipping them to either Debbie or Larry Wood at RAA at 812-752-2894. Thanks again everyone,

If you received a firearm from us, HOLD TIGHT! Ourselves and Tromix are SOT holders and we are trying to get a varriance from ATF for us to preform the mods and not have to send them back to RAAC. If the ATF can't trust two licensed manufacturers of NFA weapons to do this, how can they trust anyone (not to bag on RAAC in any way!) to do it?

Again, if you got one from us, HOLD TIGHT!

Did anyone from the Gun Source receive any 19" barrels or were they all 17.2"? I'm running down to my ffl to pick mine up and am curious if there is anyway I may luck out.

I dont believe any of the ones we shipped were 19s, so far its lokking like 19s that came over in RAA's container were few and far between.

Any word on what this mod is all about?

Surely "they"aren't going to spring for a polychoke and am I to believe that an internal external 7/8" adapter

will be ready to go at "their" expense?

I purchased a 19" 12ga w/bolt hold open device with threaded barrel to accept chokes, arrestor, whatever .. none of that has happened yet except a $405 charge receipt .. shipping charges and firearms transfer fee, hooya

I wonder if RAAC has provided the Distributors with a turnaround time or projected date of completion, and whether or not we will have to wait on a BATFE signature "releasing" the weapons once satisfied the SB Saigas meet proper length requirements for importation. :unsure:

Wolverine

Another update...........Just got off the phone with Debbie at RAAC...........anyone who has a Saiga 12 that is too short has to ship it back ASAP to THEM. They will supposedly take care of shipping charges but she never actually mentioned that to me. Maybe only BACK to the owners? If YOU want to fix it that's OK with them but "they" STILL need to inspect it. If you want THEM to fix it, that's OK. They will be using the original included 0,0 choke, being permanently mounted, no fancy choke stuff as far as I know. Once they have ALL the shotguns accounted for and on the premises their local ATF field rep will come in and inspect (measure?) and "check off" the list each shotgun and they will be returned to whoever sent them. Dealer or end user/purchaser. That's the scoop, so if you want this finished up quick........send 'em back now! They expect and HOPE this to be a two week turnaround time. We shall see. The 2nd shipmnent is on the boat and they're all too short too. They will be silver soldered or welded with the original 0,0 chokes at RAAC before being sent out to distributors. The THIRD shipment will be manufactured at Izhmash with ACTUAL 19" bbls.

Over and out............

Mines fixed and I have a match next week. It isnt going back before then.

Spoke to them at RRAC and they were very cooperative. I was promised that the weapon would come back to me and that there would be an actual ATF inspector that would look at it and send it back. I am concerned about turn around time but not as much about losing the thing. I would still like a copy of the letter but I will try to get with them on it.

Edited by Koga Shuko
Mines fixed and I have a match next week. It isnt going back before then.

Spoke to them at RRAC and they were very cooperative. I was promised that the weapon would come back to me and that there would be an actual ATF inspector that would look at it and send it back. I am concerned about turn around time but not as much about losing the thing. I would still like a copy of the letter but I will try to get with them on it.

I'm sure the ATF guy will be happy to come back a second time just to inspect your gun.

I'm sure the ATF guy will be happy to come back a second time just to inspect your gun.

Sorry, they couldnt tell me when it was going to be required to go back other than ASAP and couldnt give me a date it would be returned. I am not completely sure I trust sending it back. I am trying to get through to the tech branch to get a copy of the letter. If nothing is in writing in had you are not obligated to do anything. I called wanting to work it out with them but there was no information that could be given about time frames and he said they inticipate it taking a while to get them all back anyway if they ever do.

Well, I know this was posted before not to contact the local office but I did.

I contacted our local ATF office and got in touch with someone about it. I am less concerned at this point about missing a competition and seeing a saiga again if I send it in. I was told that normally if there is a decision or something like that from the tech branch they get memos or something on it (probably email) but there was nothing there. He said that he would double check with the tech branch for me and get a little more info on it. I was told that this was the best way to get a ruling and info from the tech branch.

I dont like going to this extremes but I just get the feeling something is wrong here. Being told something is going to take place in a time frame but nothing a little bit better when it is someone's firearm being delt with. Then being told to send a description of my firearm along with the SN, that really worries me. Finally, trying to do something big in a time period of under 2 weeks.

Sorry to cause termoil but firearms - taking - and seizing in the same conversation makes me want to double check.

I hope this turns out ok in the end and everything is straight from everyone.

Edited by Koga Shuko

I packaged up my barrelled receiver last night with it's silver-soldered 0,0 choke on it and mailed it away this AM........back to RAAC in Indiana. It's 18 3/8" long now. We shall see how quick I get it back..............

I packaged up my barrelled receiver last night with it's silver-soldered 0,0 choke on it and mailed it away this AM........back to RAAC in Indiana. It's 18 3/8" long now. We shall see how quick I get it back..............

Did you ship it COD, or did you pay for shipping?

I just mailed it Priority Mail insured for $200, dealer to dealer, so to speak. I paid for it (so far). I am ASSUMING :ph34r: they'll send me a check for my postage but I really, honestly, don't give a shit. I want my Saiga back to finish converting so I can go play with it. Call me silly................. :smoke:

Just mail them back guys and let's get this "episode" of "Days of our Lives" OVER WITH. Enough drama queen shit and finger pointing........... :killer:

I wanna shoot!

:smoke: