My wife is the baby girl & favorite child of the four her parents had, she is kind, thoughtful, smart, conservative, religious and responsible.

As is her eldest sister who has a awesome job/income working for the Mars Corporation in charge of purchasing for all their M&Ms line of gifts and such.  She is much like my wife and I like her a lot.

The second eldest, a grossly obese pig with an attitude to match, is a baby machine who can't afford her seven (7) kids much less anything else. She is a petty, deceitful, thieving and a liar.  She is a Democrat voting welfare queen.

Four of her kids have neurological developmental disorders, one of the neuro-abnormal has a history of violence.

She wears the pants in her family, her poor husband is utterly dominated, had no clue about any bills, nor exactly how much he makes (don't ask me) as she takes care of everything financial and receives his check stubs.

The eldest sister offered to finance them ^ a house, for the children, they were to pay all the bills, mortgage & taxes.

Well they trashed the house, rarely paid the mortgage, never paid the taxes and left her sister owing the rest of the house and $58K in the hole for what she paid to keep up with the house notes/taxes.  No intention of paying it back, much less able to.

House can't be sold until expensive repairs are made.

The baby of the family is her little brother.

Very much kin to the pig, he also is a deceitful liar and thief, a druggie and financially irresponsible.

He steals $20s out his Dad's wallet when he brings his kids to see their grandparents, he misused several thousand dollars his parents gave him to pay off his car when the Repo Man took it and they're after it again. 

Imagine how Mom-n-Dad felt when they found that out, his mail comes to their house and they noticed a certain letter from a collection agency. He blew the money on drugs, then they put it together where the missing wallet money was going.

And nothing really has been said or done to address the matter.

Na-Na just wants to see her two grandchildren.

Now this Pig is living with & sucking off her parents, who're financing another house for them and they truly believe that their daughter will pay all the bills, mortgage and taxes.

No really, she will not do the same to them as she did to her sister...  Yeah right.

Well last week the Pig found out she most likely has breast cancer, biopsy has to confirm but the all the x-rays, sonograms and whatnot are pretty clear and it's not a pretty picture. 

Hate to see this, cancer is horrible.

But who else thinks that with a mountain of medical bills about to fall on her that she will be able to afford a house?

And who thinks this is some major $58K karma biting her in her fat ass?

I don't want the violence prone adult child near my kids, period.

I don't want her brother in our house at any time, thieving druggies are not welcome.

I made the mistake of speaking my mind to her parents...  Now I'm a very bad man.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 10

Wow.  As long as you are polite about it one is NEVER at fault or wrong just by speaking ones mind.  NEVER!  Ah family!  The stories we can all tell.  I will NOT tell you ANOTHER sob story about an older gentleman who has had to completely break and maintain ZERO contact with a close family member who will most certainly NOT BE MENTIONED!  We can perhaps forgive (maybe) ... we will never be able to forget.

• Like 4

Strange to see kids coming from the same family turning out to be such polar opposites.

Agree with you that you have to keep people at arms length when they are thieving druggies.

There is only so much you can do to help people when they get like that.

Chile, I wish you and your family the best in this tough situation.

I was very worried for a while that my little brother was going to be a loser and a sponge all his life.

Our prayers were answered when he joined the Air Force and they whipped his ass into shape.

The little bastard is a mortgage banker and makes a ton of money now. He turned out ok.

• Like 5

good luck. we are going through a similar thing with my wife's younger cousin. he just recently stole their grandparents truck, but they refuse to call it such since he was originally allowed to borrow it. now it's been going on several weeks of him not returning phone calls, even after he hit someone with the truck, which is still under their insurance. I offered to get the truck back, "OH that wont be necessary."

wife's grandparents came out of retirement to raise him and his druggie sister, wasted most of her grandpa's Navy E9 pension on it, and sold their 40ft Chris craft yacht. Nothing but two deadbeat millennials to show for it, and the sister even tried to have grandpa put in jail.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 4

I'm sorry to hear it.

I've heard many stories like that and the best solution seems to be to cut them loose. NO CONTACT is the only solution.

The rest is in God's hands.

My family has seen this too.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 5

I have a nephew I wont allow in my house , he will steal anything that isn't tied down . He has robbed his grand parents blind he is hooked on heroin stole his fathers checks and bought 7000.00 in gift cards from Kroger then sold them to the pawn shop for .50 cents on the dollar . His grandpa paid the bad checks off so he wouldn't go to prison for 20 years . Then he was using their almost new car and totaled it . He just got kicked out Rehab [ twice ] and is now in jail . I told my wife he won't change until he wants to [ I don't think he will ever want to , but I hope he does ] . HE HAS BEEN IN TROUBLE HIS WHOLE LIFE WITH PETTY STUFF , BUT IT IS NOT HIS FAULT BECAUSE HE HAS  [are you ready for it  ] ADHD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor little feller .

• Like 4

Stay away from the fray! Do not spend your money to fund bad people. I have family that know enough to stay clear of me, as I will NOT fund them. The only thing they can get from me is a lecture. You cannot 'fix' anyone but yourself. Broken people can only be repaired when they decide to work hard a fixing themselves!

• Like 5

Chille sorry to get of track but my advice is make sure your money stays in your house [ don't give them any ] buy groceries if the kids need it  , I have done that  [ IT'S OK TO BE GOOD TO YOUR NICES AND NEPHEWS TAKE THEM FISHING AND SUCH YOU MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN GET THEM ON THE RIGHT TRACK . ] besides you will always be the cool uncle , always be polite as possible to your wife about the subject , unless she starts talking about it then be easy with her

• Like 5

You're no alone in that my wife's large family has it's share of dirt-bag, leachie, druggie, nerdowells, too. 3.5 out of 8 of them. I  do not go to their homes and they are aware that they are not welcome here. 

• Like 4

My wife is the baby girl & favorite child of the four her parents had, she is kind, thoughtful, smart, conservative, religious and responsible.

As is her eldest sister who has a awesome job/income working for the Mars Corporation in charge of purchasing for all their M&Ms line of gifts and such.  She is much like my wife and I like her a lot.

The second eldest, a grossly obese pig with an attitude to match, is a baby machine who can't afford her seven (7) kids much less anything else. She is a petty, deceitful, thieving and a liar.  She is a Democrat voting welfare queen.

Four of her kids have neurological developmental disorders, one of the neuro-abnormal has a history of violence.

She wears the pants in her family, her poor husband is utterly dominated, had no clue about any bills, nor exactly how much he makes (don't ask me) as she takes care of everything financial and receives his check stubs.

The eldest sister offered to finance them ^ a house, for the children, they were to pay all the bills, mortgage & taxes.

Well they trashed the house, rarely paid the mortgage, never paid the taxes and left her sister owing the rest of the house and $58K in the hole for what she paid to keep up with the house notes/taxes.  No intention of paying it back, much less able to.

House can't be sold until expensive repairs are made.

The baby of the family is her little brother.

Very much kin to the pig, he also is a deceitful liar and thief, a druggie and financially irresponsible.

He steals $20s out his Dad's wallet when he brings his kids to see their grandparents, he misused several thousand dollars his parents gave him to pay off his car when the Repo Man took it and they're after it again. 

Imagine how Mom-n-Dad felt when they found that out, his mail comes to their house and they noticed a certain letter from a collection agency. He blew the money on drugs, then they put it together where the missing wallet money was going.

And nothing really has been said or done to address the matter.

Na-Na just wants to see her two grandchildren.

Now this Pig is living with & sucking off her parents, who're financing another house for them and they truly believe that their daughter will pay all the bills, mortgage and taxes.

No really, she will not do the same to them as she did to her sister...  Yeah right.

Well last week the Pig found out she most likely has breast cancer, biopsy has to confirm but the all the x-rays, sonograms and whatnot are pretty clear and it's not a pretty picture. 

Hate to see this, cancer is horrible.

But who else thinks that with a mountain of medical bills about to fall on her that she will be able to afford a house?

And who thinks this is some major $58K karma biting her in her fat ass?

I don't want the violence prone adult child near my kids, period.

I don't want her brother in our house at any time, thieving druggies are not welcome.

I made the mistake of speaking my mind to her parents...  Now I'm a very bad man.

Sometimes you have to take an unpopular position to protect your family, Chile. Giving in to the family disfunction will only make things worse for you and yours, and even worse, will set a bad example for your kids. You are not responsible for your disfunctional relatives, and you ARE right to make your position known, and stand your ground.

• Like 10

Hello, Chile

As stepfather to three adult boys for 25 years and grandfather to 10, one thing I have learned and try to instill in others:

As parents, we are dealing with humans. We aren't training dogs or whatever, these are human beings with their own souls and personalities. We would like to think that we can mold and shape them the way we would like them to be, but that is simply not the case.

No doubt we all know personally of kids or young adults that came from a "perfect" home and turned into a worthless oxygen waster, while at the same time another kid came from the opposite case, an absolute shithole, but that kid turned out to be a young adult any parent would be proud of.

Obviously, we, as parents, can assume only so much blame, or credit, for the way our youngsters turn out. We do our very best, hope and pray, but there are variables we have no control over.

Unfortunately, that's a very bitter pill for some parents to swallow. Sometimes learning to roll with the punches is the smartest thing to do as a parent, but also the toughest.

Good luck on your endeavor, you've obviously started down a rocky path. You probably know when it's the best time to circle the wagons around your own camp.

-Guido in TX

Edited by guido2
  • Like 6

Sounds almost exactly like my sister before she died of breast cancer that she was diagnosed with and ignored until it ate her skeleton and brain.

Professional liar, druggie and leech.

I disowned her years before, them my parents finally did the same, but forgave everything when she got cancer.

Not me.

Be careful your parents don't get stuck with the medical bills. She'll try it.

• Like 6

I'm not afraid for my family, my wife and I are about on par with each other about these matters.

My wife however is an introvert and non-confrontational, not even to try and calmly discuss family matters and try to protect/warn her parents.

Her parents have to see all this, I believe they do, but I think they just think of the grand kids.

They have enabled and will enable their adult offspring via helping keep a roof over and food on the table for the grand kids.

My wife's older sister saw the light over a year ago, but kept covering the house note & taxes so her nieces/nephews would have a decent home.

Now that that finally ended she is damned if she'll ever spend another dollar on the family, $58K was their lifetime allowance.

Even she has tried to warn her parents not to do this.

I was just trying to make sure her parents know what they're getting into.

Unfortunately I'm not politically correct and calling one their daughters & son worthless, lying, thieving lowlifes, was not taken too well.

Even though my in-laws are very conservative religious right wingers, who normally hate PC, I guess the truth hitting home hurt.

I had to say something.

I'm done with it now, my family is clear of the fray for now.

Everyone knows where I and my wife stand.

Not another word on the matter, polite & cordial to all.

• Like 5

Chile,

Excellent job of venting! I hope that you felt relief, as you deserve it mightily.

I have in-laws via my sons marriage who could rival what yours. When they are at the house, have to make sure everything is locked up. Which is pretty sad for adults.

You keep doing what your doing. Your picture should be in the dictionary for "Father", your kids will be some of the best humans on the planet.

Don't take this the wrong way, but fuck the parents if they don't want to see what is really going on and they deserve what's coming if THEY  don't stop giving in.......

• Like 5

Good, bad or indifferent, what happens in your house is YOUR business. Bite your tongue at the inlaws house (if that visit happens anymore), but stand your ground in your own, which it sounds like is the case. Keep up the good work protecting your own, even if it means pointing out the white elephant. 

• Like 3

Damn Chili,

I'd swear we are married into the same family, that's probally why you haven't seen me at the get togethers. :) Take care of you and yours, cause nobody else will. I've even had to tell my daughter to not come over here and sheriff knows if she does, she's to be charged with trespassing, but after talking with the sheriff when she called them out here on us, he told me that she would go straight to the cross bar motel, I wouldn't have to do anything, THEY WOULD.

It all hurts like hell, but you do what you have to do, after trying everything else. We spent almost 20K the first year trying to "help" her, a little less the next, best way to get rid of a leach is to stick a burning match on it, it'll hurt you both a first, but you'll keep your remaining blood, and hopefuly keep on living.

We don't get to see the grandkds a lot, as they now live with their father, but they are doing better now, and that's worth more than all the $.

The peace and quite sure was nice last Thursday. :)

• Like 2