Where?

Oh sure there are a few idiots going at it, and still the .22lr/.22mag shortage.

But I'm not seeing it like before, I don't know anyone who is panic buying right now.

Before I had people asking myself and other known gun nuts about what and where to buy, and even begging us to sell some of our own supply.

Lot of guns on display, online retailers seem to have all the common ammo at regular price.

• Like 1

My RGR stock is definitely up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rgr+stock&oq=rgr+s&aqs=chrome.0.69i39j69i57j0l2.3776j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I don't know if this equates to panic buying, its certainly not as high as it has been in the past, but it fell on its face in the last couple of months, so I'm okay with it.

• Like 1

I picked up (3) Billet Black Rain lowers today that I purchased on Thanksgiving before San Bernardino. Bought them because they were $99 which was a steal. I think a lot of people are confusing a robust holiday firearms market and panic buying from the TERRORIST shooting. (I refuse to call it a mass shooting, massacre, or what other BS semantics the media and administration are currently using.)

Admittedly though, while I was in my LGS picking up those lowers, three separate people came in wanting to buy their first firearm. I did not say anything but...I call that less "Panic Buying" and more...."Americans Finally Waking the Hell Up"!

• Like 3

This on Atlantic Firearms:

Please Note :  Due to increased order volume due to the threat of New Gun Control we have seen a major increase in orders. Shipping times may be longer than normal .
  • Like 1

The scary thing about all the newbie owners is that they buy thinking they can use as a prop to scare a threat and become another victim instead.

Last couple of panics and incidents I've seen newbies buy and the salesman recommends training.

Actually heard one say they would just show it and that would be enough.

• Like 3

Its sad how often folks think just waving a gun about is enough to truly defend themselves. Might scare off the common meth-head but if someone is willing to risk their life for money they're certainly willing to risk yours. 

• Like 4

Sheep finally buying a gun concerns me as well. It is the accidental discharge, lack of control that every anti-gunner has been hoping for since our current POTUS became the greatest gun salesman in history. But I love that we are winning the ideological battle! I am proud that Tim at TS Arms asked ALOT of questions of each of them. It wasn't "this is what you need" it was "where is your experience level and how can we bring you into the fold"? Love it and screw this administration.

• Like 2

Sad Atlantic is using hype to sell product. The demand is not any different in the shops I was in. I think there may be more new buyers looking for handguns and taking concealed carry classes, but that is simply a smart move if you are unarmed.

Atlantic doesn't need bullshit or hype to sell.  The note is exactly what it says, to let customers know ship times may be longer.

• Like 1

Hey Hog,

How is thier new store? I took my wife in the old one, just before they moved, when she saw me drooling on the counter, she said it was time to go, then, on her way out, JUST HAD TO STOP AND FONDLE one of the toys out on the floor, and looked at me with a shit eating grin. :). On the way home, I got interogated about how I knew where they where, and you got the blame. :)

LOL! Well I have been blamed for multiple friends firearm building addictions by their wives, so I guess it is no different with you Termite! The new store started out great. Unfortunately, Darrell (The AK guy......left and took his ball....ie most of the historical collection with him).

They are starting to make a comeback and slowly filling the store up again. I like the guys and will pick Tim's brain if there is an issues that I can't figure out on the AR platform. I am about to buy some cans from them, and I hope they do well despite thinking they are somewhat overpriced.

Local gun stores busy, went by Cabelas (over priced on regular basis). no real panic buying seen. Just Saturdays have been busy for last few months, except for .22, all ammo well stocked and reasonable retail priced. Firearms displays full. Noticed many spending Christmas bonus on guns and ammo, Black Friday set record. Cased ammo from my regular suppliers still on hand with no price increases. Do have a sister-n-law wanting to purchase her 1st pistol for concealed carry. Not a novice, just decided it was time to have a regular carry gun for her jogging. More due to spike in her area of aggressive panhandlers and riff raff.

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 2

My sales are up a lot.. I did more in the last week of November than I did all of my first year.

My sales for Black Friday would have had the shelves bare in years past.. But we have been laying in stock figuring it had been calm for a little too long.

I figure the reason it looks so much like a big panic is because it was so close to a big sales week... Many shops sold deep into their stock and then just as it was calming down the next wave hit.

The order volume was not even 1/4 of sandyhook.

Any shortages outside of rimfire ammo should clear up soon.

• Like 4

Volume of weapon purchases sends a message to Politicians - they could give a shit about letters, but this is America voting with their DOLLAR$!

Politicians speak money before they learn english!

• Like 3

The scary thing about all the newbie owners is that they buy thinking they can use as a prop to scare a threat and become another victim instead.

Last couple of panics and incidents I've seen newbies buy and the salesman recommends training.

Actually heard one say they would just show it and that would be enough.

I've heard and seen plenty of that gun is a magic totem thinking in the past. But over the last few years, a lot of my totem anti-tiger-pebble owning friends have moved towards actually wanting to play with and learn to use their guns. Notably a lot of the women, but definitely a bunch of men too.

My sales are up a lot.. I did more in the last week of November than I did all of my first year.

My sales for Black Friday would have had the shelves bare in years past.. But we have been laying in stock figuring it had been calm for a little too long.

I figure the reason it looks so much like a big panic is because it was so close to a big sales week... Many shops sold deep into their stock and then just as it was calming down the next wave hit.

The order volume was not even 1/4 of sandyhook.

Any shortages outside of rimfire ammo should clear up soon.

incidentally, does CSSpecs sell stock? You are the kind of business I would enjoy investing in.

• Like 1

Wow.  I may or may not have some rich friends who are into belt guns and awhile back before all the crazy price stuff laid in a BUNCH of primers, brass, powder, links and bullets.  They do use an old updated Dillion 1000.  Seems they are very happy indeed.  Do not wander over for some tea sometimes because they will put you to very fun work cranking out and linking up a small amount of ammo.  Usually 1000 rds at a time.  Just one short outing at the private range.  All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

• Like 1

Sad Atlantic is using hype to sell product. The demand is not any different in the shops I was in. I think there may be more new buyers looking for handguns and taking concealed carry classes, but that is simply a smart move if you are unarmed.

I'm seeing a lot of people wanting handguns and CCW classes. Mostly first time buyers.
  • Like 2

You know this is looking less like "panic buying" and lot more like "determined buying" .

There is a difference although the results are easily confused.

Look at a grocery store on the eve of a hurricane moving into an urban area for instance.

People grab whatever they can ignoring price and common sense during the process. We have all seen this in the past, that is panic buying.

Now look at the same conditions in more rural settings, yes people are buying a lot more but there is no panic, just filling out a few holes in the supplies.

That is determined buying.

Just something to think on. 

• Like 7

I am all stocked up, so its fine by me. Helps assure my stuff doesnt lose value.

I think there was a group of events that collided here, thats causing the significant increase in business:

1 everyone realized that the muslims are indeed invading, and they will cause trouble, just like in france, germany, norway, sweden, and rest of europe.

2. everyone realized Opussy is actually a muslim for real, and now that he clearly outright lying, its clear they better care for themselves.

3. its christmas and who the hell doesnt want firearm gifts!?!? mJust told my parents I want more .45ACP and 9mm myself.

Sorry for those arent already taken care of, but know that we've all been there in previous times!