Anadolu Arms?

I just bought some "factory" mka mags from Centerfire Systems only to find out that they are not Adkal factory at all and won't fit in the magwell on the SAS lower. I'm going to try to return them but I'm guessing that isn't going to be easy.

The mags say "Manufactured by Anadolu Arms inc" on the side and "Made in Turkey" on the base plates.

Anyone ever heard of or used these before? I got both 5 and 10 rounders.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

We also got several boxes of those, 10 rnd. About 90% would only work with 8 rounds or less, any more they locked up tight.

They were the main reason we became the importer for the REAL MKA mags.

A mag fed gun is only as good as the mag.

If I wanted a single shot, I'd stick with a break action.

• 3 weeks later...

I got 2.

I have a PW/Leader Arms AR-12 and I noticed the fit isn't 'perfect'. They have a touch of vertical slop. I'm going to try to remedy that on the mag. Will update once I do it.

The other thing I noticed is I had a shell, albeit a 2 3/4", cheap, low-brass shell, get stuck about half-way down, thus stopping the feed. Good shells, so far, have not caused any issues.

Hello everyone, I just finished my MKA 1919 build, Had no problem with my 10 factory mag, however a few days ago I ordered a 10 mag from Centerfire Systems as well. I ordered it for the same reason it was stated to be a factory mag, I guess we will see once I recieve it. Thanks for the heads-up.

• 2 weeks later...

The Andalou Arms 10-round mag just plain doesn't fit 10 rounds. 9 at best. By the time you get that 10th round in, your first round is in the lower 'plastic' half of the mag and it just isn't wide enough at the shell's rim.

I widened that area best I could, had to make a 'tool' to do it, made the follower slide better, but not couldn't do much about getting the shell to fit. Played with both of mine for a hour or so, just isn't worth the time for that 10th round.

That being said, the earlier flaw I mentioned (it doesn't fit up into the receiver as well) didn't seem to be a problem. Shot many rounds thru them yesterday without a glitch (2 3/4" high-brass)