Eotech Accepting Returns And Giving #Refunds$? ...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it is:
http://www.eotechinc.com/return-authorization-request-form

They can shift POI by up to 4 MOA when the ambient temp drops below 32F or goes above 120F. And when they return to "normal" temp (72F) they can be up to 2 MOA off the original zero.

This is obviously unacceptable on a rifle. But I wouldn't worry about it on a shotgun. The rule of thumb is that a shot pattern expands one inch per yard, which is about 100 MOA. A 2-4 MOA shift isn't going to be detectable when shooting buckshot. It may be detectable when shooting slugs if you have a really accurate barrel and ammo combination, but that's unlikely.

I have an Eotech on my Saiga, and plan on leaving it there. Even flawed, it's far more accurate than a bead or any open sights, and the circle around the dot is a nice indication of the pattern size.

But I wouldn't buy one for any rifle; I've been getting the Meprolight Tru-dot RDS sights instead. Bigger FOV than an Eotech, better battery life than an Aimpoint, as rugged as either, and cheaper than both.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...