Sign in to follow this  
HB of CJ

Eotech Accepting Returns And Giving #Refunds$? ...

I have been notified that Eoteck is accepting returns on ANY of their reflex sites and is offering refunds.  Is this true?  If so we need to make some decisions.

Yes it is:
http://www.eotechinc.com/return-authorization-request-form

They can shift POI by up to 4 MOA when the ambient temp drops below 32F or goes above 120F. And when they return to "normal" temp (72F) they can be up to 2 MOA off the original zero.

This is obviously unacceptable on a rifle. But I wouldn't worry about it on a shotgun. The rule of thumb is that a shot pattern expands one inch per yard, which is about 100 MOA. A 2-4 MOA shift isn't going to be detectable when shooting buckshot. It may be detectable when shooting slugs if you have a really accurate barrel and ammo combination, but that's unlikely.

I have an Eotech on my Saiga, and plan on leaving it there. Even flawed, it's far more accurate than a bead or any open sights, and the circle around the dot is a nice indication of the pattern size.

But I wouldn't buy one for any rifle; I've been getting the Meprolight Tru-dot RDS sights instead. Bigger FOV than an Eotech, better battery life than an Aimpoint, as rugged as either, and cheaper than both.

• Like 1