Eotech Is Accepting Returns And Giving Refunds? ...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hillary bougt the company thru the Clinton Foundation, and for an undisclosed 'speaking fee' for Bill, she is shipping them to Daesh, when she gets elected she will use the addresses from the returns

You're all fools, don't you know why Pauly disappeared?? He got a job at Eotech. And now he has all your sights. 50 days later you're still waiting for money. Dumbasses!!!

Posted Images

It has been proven that they intentionally mislead/lied about their product.

If they are offering refunds, I'd take'em up on it and buy new sights.

Make that new Aimpoint or Trijicon hurt a little less.

• Like 1

Basically, EOTech was obligated to report to the DoD any failures under extreme conditions, and did not do so. Apparently, they've been keeping it a secret, since 2006, that their optics are failing when subjected to extreme temperature ranges, and since 2008, that they've been failing from high humidity.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/United-States-v.-L-3-Communications-Eotech-Inc.-et-al.pdf

• Like 1

What was the issue and was it with "all" or "certain" models? Interesting to say the least.

According to the lawsuit, every single Eotech ever made is defective and CANNOT be fixed. It is an inherent design flaw. They will exhibit a thermal drift or in other words, at as little as 32 degrees Fahrenheit and above 100 + the point of aim will not be the point of impact. Above and below these temps the problem worsens. One test showed a 20 MOA shift at below freezing temps. Also the nitrogen purging leaks out. That's disturbing to know that the target I aim at will hit something else I'm not even looking at.

I have 4 and have not noticed any issues but am now apprehensive that I have $2000 worth of optics that might take a dump at any time. Evidently it is only a matter of time before they will.

Eotech will refund the complete cost of what you paid plus shipping.

• Like 1

So they knowingly sold junk for use by our troops.  I was "this" close to getting another Eotech.  Never again.

That's what it sure sounds like. I'm strongly considering sending my HHS-1 back and getting an Aimpoint, but I'm just not entirely sure what is required to do so. Gonna look further into it...

• Like 1

So they knowingly sold junk for use by our troops. I was "this" close to getting another Eotech. Never again.

This is the worst part. This is the lowest of lows. How many troops got capped because they were aiming at hadji and missing and hadji wasn't. The CEO of this company knew this and did nothing. When some employees became aware of this above scenario they said " oh hell no"!!! This is how this came to light.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

Thank you all.  We will have to quickly decide what to do.  If everybody decides to return their Eoteck(s) for a refund plus shipping what is going to happen to Eoteck?  Are they a dead dodo?  And just how long will they continue to accept returns and refund folk's money?  My thinking here is that any returns would have to be authorized immediately and even then it is a crap shoot anybody would get any money.

Aimpoint would never fuck over soldiers like that, nor would Trijicon. If you want to return your civilian shit and aren't hunting with it in the mountains, you will never notice. Might as well show them your appreciation for fucking the soldiers on the ground by turning your old one in, getting a new one and selling it on gunbroker or ebay.

I don't care who they lied to, what it ends up being is a dead body because of a very critical piece of equipment that should be trusted. I hope their company eats shit and disappears.

• Like 2

I just finish hitting their Web Site and filled out the return authorization form.  They are supposed to answer by E mail within a day or soss.  We will see how it goes.  They do want specific info on your Eotecks like model number, serial number if it has one, build date, etc..  I do not know yet how they are going to specifically handle it.  Retail cash, some cash, gift certificate, exchange, whatever.  Dunno yet.  Will advise.

• Like 1

Got home from lunch in town and found an E mail from Eoteck authorizing the return of our Eotecks for a full retail price refund plus an additional $15 for my shipping expenses.  They will be all packaged up later today and probably will go out to our local either Fed Excess or United Pissed Off Service shipper tomorrow.   Will advise.

Edit by HB.  I made a mistake.  Purchase price and not retail.  Whatever that means.  Perhaps we need to clarify before returning our Eotecks.  This pisses me off.

Edited by HB of CJ

I wanted an Eotech until I shot an AR with one on it. I didn't like the reticle at all. Aimpoint suits me just fine. Primary Arms Micro is great too.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

Also waiting for a response from Eotech -- filled out the form yesterday.  Going to go for a Hartman MH-1 when they come out. A very decent bit of kit.  Check it out:

That reticle and big window is more appealing than most 'dot sights to me. I never liked how the eieiotech reticle blocked half the field of view. I don't like a big dot covering up stuff either and the tilt thing also kind of annoys me.  If this is a fine dot it solves most of my issues. I wish it had a fine lower reticle post, like the german T reticle, with a very fine dot. 

Also waiting for a response from Eotech -- filled out the form yesterday.  Going to go for a Hartman MH-1 when they come out. A very decent bit of kit.  Check it out:

That reticle and big window is more appealing than most 'dot sights to me. I never liked how the eieiotech reticle blocked half the field of view. I don't like a big dot covering up stuff either and the tilt thing also kind of annoys me.  If this is a fine dot it solves most of my issues. I wish it had a fine lower reticle post, like the german T reticle, with a very fine dot.

On their website they have models with T dot reticles.

Got a response to my return authorization request within 12 hours!

Here is what the email said:

"Your refund request has been received and approved.  Please print and enclose this email with your optic and return it to: EOTech Refunds, 1201 E Ellsworth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.  EOTech will refund the purchase price plus $15 shipping cost as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Xavier Brown

Customer Service

EOTech an L-3 Communications Company

Additionally inquirys to:  support.eotech@l-3com.com"

In the space where it asks for Failure Description I wrote: "Sight changes MOA with temperature change"

It looks like the process is easy peasy...

P.S.

Just put it the mail today -- will keep you updated.

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 1

Not to mention Eotechs laser diode vs led, can cause permanent eye damage

Can/could vs does/will.

Please cite a documented instance of this happening in the Eotech or other optic utilizing a laser diode that meets the same technical specifications.

I don't know of any of instances in any such optic, functioning or malfunctioning.

I've read some in-depth discussions on the possibility and the consensus was that the lasers used aren't capable of it.

Could WE be smelling a rat?  That being is it possible we are all being set up to return our perfectly good Eotecks for a vague future refund of purchase price?  After thinking things through a bit (difficult for me) is it possible that our military did ZERO testing since the Eotecks were first issued?  Nobody in all the services ever decided to run their own field tests before using Eotecks for real?  No body?  None?

I for one find that rather remarkable.  No elite outfit took it upon their selves to do their own quick and dirty field testing?  How about just about a kitchen oven and a good available deep deep freezer?  None of our USGI's did this?  Wow!  Is it possible the Eotecks are fine and the government just wants a bunch of perfect civilian Eoteck scopes out of our hands?  This is a stretch.  Or ... is it?  Fits the evidence.

• Like 1