Eotech Is Accepting Returns And Giving Refunds? ...

Some disquieting news...

I decided to write back to Eotech to see what is happening -- an update.  I replied to the original message I got that approved the refund and return...

Here's what I got back:

Automatic reply: Return Authorization Request: XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting Eotech,   This is no longer an active email

please respond to support.eotech@L-3COM.COM

Hope I am not being paranoid

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hillary bougt the company thru the Clinton Foundation, and for an undisclosed 'speaking fee' for Bill, she is shipping them to Daesh, when she gets elected she will use the addresses from the returns

You're all fools, don't you know why Pauly disappeared?? He got a job at Eotech. And now he has all your sights. 50 days later you're still waiting for money. Dumbasses!!!

Posted Images

I'm keeping mine for now. I have it mounted on a S-12, where a couple MOA POI shift is going to be lost in the ~100MOA spread of the shot pattern. The circle-dot reticle is nice for shotgun; dot for slugs, circle for buckshot.

But I wouldn't put one on a rifle any more, unless it was conclusively proved by a 3rd party the issues had been fixed.

• Like 1

On the DCM M1 Carbine Forum it was brought to our/my attention that we might have some phony Chinese fake Eoteck scopes floating around the country.  One of the Eotecks we returned came in a plain cardboard Eoteck marked box and NOT the usual black plastic interior padded container.  It also had NO serial number on the scope.  Now I wonder if it could be a FAKE?  We will see. Day number 8 since return.  Will advise.  The Saga continues.

On the DCM M1 Carbine Forum it was brought to our/my attention that we might have some phony Chinese fake Eoteck scopes floating around the country.  One of the Eotecks we returned came in a plain cardboard Eoteck marked box and NOT the usual black plastic interior padded container.  It also had NO serial number on the scope.  Now I wonder if it could be a FAKE?  We will see. Day number 8 since return.  Will advise.  The Saga continues.

If it said Eoteck, it's FAKE

Edited by toothandnail
  • Like 2

The laser reticle has a distinct sparkly appearance like it's made of a thousand tiny dots, which I guess it is.  It's pretty obvious.

I found a picture (shamelessly stolen from the interwebs) that shows it.

post-4831-0-35389700-1451798419_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

My buddy returned one and got his refund promptly

I have six of them, but they are older and dont seem to exhibit any issues, so Im keeping them 

"promptly" ??? days? Weeks?

also do you know the amount he got?

Inquiring minds want to know...

My buddy returned one and got his refund promptly

I have six of them, but they are older and dont seem to exhibit any issues, so Im keeping them 

"promptly" ??? days? Weeks?

also do you know the amount he got?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Nobody has gotten a refund yet, that I know of . A few have claimed various types of refunds but NONE have produced any credible evidence showing said refund. 

He was refunded $400.       he said it took a few weeks

I won't say he's fibbing, but I have been watching this on several forums, with guys who sent them in the first day it was made known.

No one, on any of those forums, has received a refund.

I returned 5, kept 2. Sent mine in around Dec 8-9, haven't heard anything.  From several, who are closer to this than I am, said Eotech is saying 6-8 weeks before refunds start going out. So if by the end of Feb if refunds are still not arriving , then I'll wonder.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha!  Hoist by my own Partard!  I have no Eotecks left to check the sparkle with!  Sent them all back.  Yikes!  We will see.  Will advise. smile.png

HB

Just as a point of interest; what's with the "Eoteck"?  Was it marked that way or are you just being a different homo sapien???

Give me a break.  I am left handed.  EOTECK vs. EoTeck vs. Eoteck vs. EOteck. etc.  However good point.  One of the scopes did come in a different plain blue colored cardboard box with internal box white styrofoam padding for the scope.  That scope had no serial number on it.  The other three Eotecks did come in a black poly plastic box with dark foam interior padding and did have serial numbers.  Probably one of ours was a fake.  We will see.  Will advise.  :)

If the sights shift up to 20-30 moa, well, I'd rather throw mine away than using it in a life and death situation and it failing to be accurate...

It's actually "up to" 1/10 that. Up to 4 MOA POI shift going from 73F to 120F or 32F, with up to 2MOA shift remaining after returning to 73F. It's a problem, but not as big as has been made out in some places online. On a sub-MOA rifle, a big deal. On a shotgun, you aren't going to notice.

EOTECK vs. EoTeck vs. Eoteck vs. EOteck. etc. 

attachicon.gifjoker-not-sure-if-serious1.jpg

I imagine those at Eotech are getting some comic relief at some of the knock off stuff coming in.

Just a heads up.

IF the name on your optic is spelled wrong . . . . . . . . . . it might be a fake ! homer.gif

biggrin.png

• Like 2

If the sights shift up to 20-30 moa, well, I'd rather throw mine away than using it in a life and death situation and it failing to be accurate...

It's actually "up to" 1/10 that. Up to 4 MOA POI shift going from 73F to 120F or 32F, with up to 2MOA shift remaining after returning to 73F. It's a problem, but not as big as has been made out in some places online. On a sub-MOA rifle, a big deal. On a shotgun, you aren't going to notice.

Mine was not on a shotty...

Any shift is unacceptable to me -- defective is defective and when it effects something that you may have to rely on to defend your life with = totally fubar...

All optics shift to some degree with temperature; it's an inescapable byproduct of thermal expansion and contraction, both of the materials in the optic and air itself. The question is whether the shift is statistically meaningful relative to the intrinsic accuracy of the gun it's mounted on.

It's not that hard to see how much your optic is shifting if you have co-witnessed iron sights.