Eotech Is Accepting Returns And Giving Refunds? ...

Day 22 since return.  About 25 days now from email return authorization.  Will advise.

Edited by HB;  Day 23.  Got Email notice today Eoteck received/opened return and is processing same.  No mention yet of possible fake Chinese knockoff.  That is all.  Will advise. Over and out.  The Whole World Wonders and shit.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hillary bougt the company thru the Clinton Foundation, and for an undisclosed 'speaking fee' for Bill, she is shipping them to Daesh, when she gets elected she will use the addresses from the returns

You're all fools, don't you know why Pauly disappeared?? He got a job at Eotech. And now he has all your sights. 50 days later you're still waiting for money. Dumbasses!!!

Posted Images

Looks like it won't be long . . . . . MAYBE.

Got this this morning

Dear Matt  ,

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

Edited by toothandnail
  • Like 1

I got the same exact email this morning -- looks to be a form letter meant to keep us quiet and happy.  I am going to give them a call.

Will add here when I get done...

So apparently Eotech works "every other friday" and this was not that friday so they were closed -- I will call again on monday...

BTW, found this:

EOTech Products On Sale - eotechstore.com‎
Adwww.eotechstore.com/EOTech_On_Sale‎
EOTech Sights & Magnifier On Sale. In Stock On Sale at Discount Prices
Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 1

Okay so I called Eotech on Monday to try and find answers = no luck!

It goes like this:

You call Eotech, you get the standard recorded message with the numbered options and the final option to dial zero for the operator.

Choosing any of the numbered options dumps you into voicemail with the option to leave a message.

Choosing the operator dumps you back into the recorded message you received when you first called...

Eotech is not about to be bothered it seems.

• Like 1

I can't believe only one guy has gotten a refund so far. /sarcasm

Anyway, I just read on a local forum that someone asked an Eotech rep at Shot Show about the refunds. They said a 3rd party is handling the refund checks and that it's going to be a while.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

No, that's exactly what I would say (if I were me...)  if I didn't want to trust my life on a defective sight...

Nice try but facts are facts -- my safety trumps dollars.  Apparently yours does not -- sucks to be you.

scorn.gif   

Edited by Odd Man Out

I checked my Eotech, and it shows no signs of the alleged defect. I zeroed the iron sights to it indoors with the Eotech at room temp, then rechecked the zero after the unit had been exposed to 32F weather for about an hour. No noticeable zero drift. Obviously, some units are defective, but if yours is not, why go through the hassle of returning a perfectly good sight? It's not that hard to check if zero changes with temp if you have co-witnessed irons.

• Like 1

Obviously, some units are defective, but if yours is not, why go through the hassle of returning a perfectly good sight?

Same reason the U.S. Army did -- if one's life is dependant on an item of equipment, why would you want to chance that it is or is not defective???  Sorry but I have no need to gamble in that way...

Same reason the U.S. Army did -- if one's life is dependant on an item of equipment, why would you want to chance that it is or is not defective???  Sorry but I have no need to gamble in that way...

It's not that hard to test whether your sight is defective. Every product ever made has had some units that are defective or fail. Test yours, if it's good, keep it. If not return it. But if it tests good, it's stupid to get rid of it. If you divest yourself of every product that has ever had a bad unit, you couldn't even own rocks.

In our case it was a calculated predetermined decision.  I hope it was not poor judgment.  We felt and still feel, (as if we have any choice ... now) that just the publics conceived notion that EOtecks MAY be defective would most likely crash the used or new $value$ of priorly owned EOtecks.

The second consideration was that there has already been a proven problem with their products.  Make that our own scopes.  Enough of a problem that the Feds filled suit for corrective action, plus some bad boy pay out.  Enough for us to decide a return for a full retail paid refund.  Just us.

Did we fuck up by returning?  Dunno yet.  It is starting to be a concern?  Yes.  Now day 48 since we sent all (4) of them back.  Will advise.