Heads up on Saiga Dragunov stocks $49!

Centerfire Systems has the "Siaganov" style Izmash factory made skeleton stocks for $49!  I personally believe these are a reasonable alternative to a pistol grip conversion.  For those of us behind enemy lines in California (and New York), it is nice to have when taking the rifle into "Free America" for an easy switch.  I have one, and have used it when I go to my daughter's in Oregon.  The cheek rest rotates up into place for scope use, for a great cheek weld.  I grasp the forward edge of the magazine, using it almost as a forward grip, pulling the weapon abck into the shoulder, for more stable off-hand shooting.

0be9b4c5-6b9e-4725-98ad-48798f56b4ce_zps

Edited by imarangemaster

HAHA!  I know.  I paid $99 for mine a few years back, sold it last year for $79 +$8 S&H when I converted the Saiga to pistol grip.  I just ordered one of these for my current Saiga, since this one I am leaving factory.  I really liked it when I used it on my last Saiga (before conversion) when I'd go up to Oregon.

I got one of these months ago and for the same price as well.  I live in CA so I did not want to add a bullet button on my Saiga, but after a lack of options for non converted stocks I eventually caved in.  If you don't want to do a full conversion then this would be the best option available.  

post-49817-0-57898100-1450390677_thumb.jpg

Since I have stacks of pre-bans (I had a registered AK in 1990) I want mine featureless.  This way it is easy to change out when I cross the border into Nevada or Oregon several times a year each.  I actually REALLY like the feel of it!  Grasping the front of the mag and pulling back into the shoulder, it really sucks in for a great cheek weld.  I have never personally been a fan of the Tapco T-6. I tried it on my first Saiga, but restored it instead.  I am not a pistol grip snob, so I think it is also a viable option for some folks.  I just prefer stock or Saiga skeleton stock.