Wounded wariors blowing wads of cash on staff not warriors.

I know it takes time and money to run a charitable organization but this is FUBAR.

FOR THE YEAR 2012-1013

REVENUE: $234,682,943.00
EXPENSES: $158,073,943.00
TOTAL PROFITS:
$ 76,609,000.00 

FOR THE YEAR 2013-2014

REVENUE: $342,066,114.00
EXPENSES: $248,005,493.00
TOTAL PROFITS: $ 94,060,675.00

TOTAL AMOUNT GOING TO ORGANIZATIONS IN 2013: $16,849,420.00

TOTAL AMOUNT GOING TO ORGANIZATIONS IN 2014: $41,305,308.00

TOTAL AMOUNT GOING TO INDIVIDUAL VETERANS IN 2013: $853,365.00
TOTAL AMOUNT GOING TO INDIVIDUAL VETERANS IN 2014: $804,393.00

http://dailyheadlines.net/2015/11/wounded-warriors-execs-make-out-like-bandits-actual-wounded-warriors-not-so-much/#

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. If you can donate or help out a veteran, please take time to do it this year as our commander of cheese has focused on his Syrian cocksuckers instead of the men and women who defend our homeland.

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 7

The first time I noticed this is when they cut off all the local skiers and snowboarders who donated their time and efforts to help disabled veterans on our Mountain that was founded by the 10th Mtn division. They hired the work out. That was a shit show and the guidance and training was shit compared to the professionals and seasoned veterans who work with disabled kids in the valley. Their good old boy club stays in the finest hotels, not the vets, the admin.

• Like 3

That's a real bitch, I always enjoyed contributing and thought they were better than that. One of the best things we do (but it doesn't do anything for the guys that get hurt) is send care packages to those on deployment. I get sick of people with their hands out, but all these guys deserve whatever we can do to help...I'd like to hear Fifty's views on what works.

• Like 1

My wife is in a prominent position at a well known (at least in the PNW) non-profit.

Every week she contributes to her job in ways that never see the timeclock.

Her .org spends .83 per dollar on it's purpose.

You have to look at the percentage of every dollar used for staff vs. purpose.

Inflated salaries by .org types is not unusual.

Do your research before contributing!

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 3

I still say put my name on the ballot for president, "SALARY CAP NON-PROFITS" problem solved....  keep wasting your time with corrupt politicians and this is what you get. For the most part they are all the same, people that collect for NFP they keep 70-80% claiming salaries & if the NFP is lucky they may see 20%, that is after they pay the country singer his share....

Want some cheese with that wine??

Edited by 308saiga

I always bought some wounded warrior project stuff thought I was helping out , I guess I know better now . My wife always donates to Saint Jude I guess that is not to bad , also if there are any shriners hospitals they don't charges for surgerys and such for children

Chris Kyle foundation

You cant sacrifice any more for your brothers than he did.

I do "warrior shoot event group"... a very small 501 that gets wounded warriors back on the range simply for the fun of it... hit em up on Facebook and tell em Juggs sent ya!

• Like 1

I know their overhead was high so wasn't contributing any way but their tv ads infuriate me. I absolutely HATE how they make all the wounded warriors look like helpless victims that need to be pitied. They pull at the heart strings, like the abused animal ASPCA ads, to get people to contribute. That was a sign to me that the organization was more about making money than helping veterans.

• Like 1

Much like the ASPCA ads those ads were too hard for me to watch. More than losing a limb or dying I'm most afraid of getting my brains scrambled and not being "me" anymore. That commercial where the soldier's small child is reading him Dr. Seuss and leading him by the hand as he kinda shambles about just fill me with existential terror.