New AK Shotgun That Takes S12 Mags (DDI)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A nice plus is that if these are well received, it opens up another market for our good friends at CSSpecs.   It must have been a real bummer for them when S12s were put on the ban list.  They investe

Naturally, we'd all like to see genuine factory Saigas imported again, but in the meantime it is good to see the free market seeking to provide viable alternatives.

The rep I talked to was pretty clear about the DDI 12 being from a different Chinese manufacturer. Almost bought one today just to get a first hand look.   There may be yet another Chinese IZ-109 cl

Posted Images

oh thats funny! i figured it was like a Beech King Air Maintenance Manual and everything was out of date or didnt apply....so i never read it in its entirety....

but good on you who did so we could have good chuckles!!

bakc to shotty, im stoked if not chinese... i just cant warm up to them...

now, if it is, the park finish is ideal to hide with duracoat...then maybe i could tolerate it.  the features sure are nice...

Paper remark was kind of Tongue-in-cheek referring to the instructions in the manual to "annihilate the paper" the guns were wrapped in.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/41363-new-s12-paper-dangerous/?hl=%2Bannihilate+%2Bpaper&do=findComment&comment=374310

That stuff reeks. I got it out of the house ASAP.

Internal RemChoke threads was a think the kittymounts got right. Since these guys did left side charging handles, etc. That seems like a strange one to go backwards on.

*a thing

Will its barrel handle steel shot ? for $600 I bet it will not

Bird shot rides in a plastic shot cup. Never makes direct contact with the barrel.

Pick up a few wads and you will see that the shot penetrates the wad and DOES contact the barrel

I have as I've run dozens of Winchester Xpert steel Shot 100rd bulk packs through my s12, that's all the local place stocked in bulk. Never saw one cup that had signs of holes in it. But then again my s12 is at factory cylinder bore. Never had a choke on it.

I wouldn't run them through a choke but I (obviously) wouldn't hesitate to run them through a cylinder bore muzzle.

• Like 1

But then again my s12 is at factory cylinder bore. Never had a choke on it.

I wouldn't run them through a choke but I (obviously) wouldn't hesitate to run them through a cylinder bore muzzle.

Cylinder bore is the safety here

all shot penetrates the cup to some degree 

did not claim that ruins the barrel

We have burned tens of thousands of rounds testing guns, the shot cups or wads get raked up by the thousands.

I have to pick them up....I SEE the spots where shot have penetrated the cup, on just about EVERY wad

So saying you have shot x thousand rnds and NEVER seen a wad having been breached by a pellet...

Thats not an honest statement.....

I shoot into a specific spot where the shot is recovered and the wads all end up close by.

Just how many wads do you recover?

And I am far from....just some dude

all shot penetrates the cup to some degree

did not claim that ruins the barrel

We have burned tens of thousands of rounds testing guns, the shot cups or wads get raked up by the thousands.

I have to pick them up....I SEE the spots where shot have penetrated the cup, on just about EVERY wad

So saying you have shot x thousand rnds and NEVER seen a wad having been breached by a pellet...

Thats not an honest statement.....

I shoot into a specific spot where the shot is recovered and the wads all end up close by.

Just how many wads do you recover?

And I am far from....just some dude

I have roughly 18-1900rds through mine. The majority (12-1300) are steel Xpert rounds because the 100rd bulk packs were $22 when Farm and Fleet stocked it. I do not pick up every shot cup because I don't always shoot on private property but I have picked up many shot cups when I am. Yes they get chewed up. My muzzle device has plastic from shot cups in the ports. I have never picked one up that had holes in it from just being fired. Especially holes showing evidence of outward travel. I have seen wads that got shot up while they were on the ground and those had holes in them but the difference is pretty obvious of which way the hole(s) was punched through.

Speaking of dishonest statements, trying to say you inspect every wad of the thousands that you shoot, is complete bullshit. That's a waste of time, especially for someone who is more than just some dude.

So which us it, it penetrates it and contacts the barrel or just penetrates the cup to some degree? A hole is a hole, deformation of the wad does not equal bore contact.

Edited by Mullet Man

Google image turns up some decent pics.

Ermagerd look at all the holes in these cups/wads..

post-20217-0-49457200-1451802313.jpg

post-20217-0-45165200-1451802324.jpg

post-20217-0-92629700-1451802339_thumb.jpg

post-20217-0-25679200-1451802347.jpg

Two of these (guess which two) were shot through something called a 'Patternmaster' which is known for fucking up wads.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=200234 (scroll down for info)

post-20217-0-93850600-1451802356_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mullet Man

This has turned into a very informative section. I will wait to see what this gun turns out to be.

As you cannot use lead in most State and Fed hunting areas it would be nice if it was rated for steel as I would like to take it pheasant hunting .

I dont inspect the wads, I rake them up and pitch them out.

And i see plenty of places the cup has a hole , just by handling them.

Look close you can see plenty penetrations in YOUR posted pics.

Not to mention pellets that touch the barrel between the slots on the cups.

If shot did not EVER touch the barrel....we would NEVER have to clean lead out of a shotgun barrel.

I make a simple comment that shot DOES penetrate wads, and get this shit storm??????????????

WTF

It is simple physics. The shot is trying to get out of the way of the rapidly expanding gas. The usual path of least resistance is to go sideways. In a firearm, the barrel forces it to go forward, but it still tries to go sideways. Look at a nuclear explosion mushroom cloud and imagine constraining it in a pipe.