New AK Shotgun That Takes S12 Mags (DDI)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A nice plus is that if these are well received, it opens up another market for our good friends at CSSpecs.   It must have been a real bummer for them when S12s were put on the ban list.  They investe

Naturally, we'd all like to see genuine factory Saigas imported again, but in the meantime it is good to see the free market seeking to provide viable alternatives.

The rep I talked to was pretty clear about the DDI 12 being from a different Chinese manufacturer. Almost bought one today just to get a first hand look.   There may be yet another Chinese IZ-109 cl

Posted Images

Try using their contact page form..

I had an option when I setup my storefront email account, I could block all emails except ones I had replied to outside of the contact box.. It prevents spam from getting into your box.

• Like 1

I got a reply from David at DDI. I was told that only one bounced and they had the issue figured out. Didn't sound like much of a big deal. I'm dying to get my hands on one of these.

Must have been mine that I sent back to them. I dont even know what the official issue diagnosis was or what was repaired. I just know it was sent back and arriving tomorrow

Edited by Sublimeon24s

I've had quiet a few emails back and forth with David on different topics and he seems like a great guy who is genuinely interested in putting out a quality product.

I got that too.  Seems like he has the right recipe for success.

Over on vepr forums they saying bolt is cast...

This boys n girls is why I have been lamenting the Chinese made factor for so long in here, they just INSIST on fing everything up that is critical...

Does DDI know that the Turks over there have big machine's and can build shotguns for cheaper...maybe not cheapest, but after seeing again how the Maoists can't make the right parts with the right method's maybe the Turks could figure it out?!?!?

If I was the communist leader of China, I would have an unwritten rule that all the good shit stays in the homeland and all the export shit wouldn't hold up to combat. The only thing they send us that is of a high quality is the phones and electronics they use to their advantage.

It's pretty fucked that the only USA made AK also imports the only chink clone of a Saiga.

Picked up one of these shotties a couple of weeks ago. See an awful lot of bantering from people with zero first hand knowledge of the gun.  Took mine to the range last Thursday. Must say I am pretty happy with the DDI 12. Ran 30 rds of slugs thru it first w/o any issues. Was actually surprised at accuracy. Was shooting on the rifle range. Walked in several hits on an 8" steel plate @ 200 yds. Windage seemed to be dead on, elevation obviously was a "little" off. I followed slugs with a mixed bag of shotshells. Shot 150 - Estate 1 1/8 oz 3 Dram loads (1200 fps), 50 - 1 1/8 oz light skeet reloads (1100 fps) and 25 - 1 oz very light skeet reloads (1100 fps). I made no adjustments to gas block. It cycled everything but the 1 oz loads very reliably. The 1 oz loads ran 90%, amazingly! I could probably turn it down a notch to reduce a little recoil. We'll save that for the next outing. 

Here are a few things needed to improve my gun;
1) Bolt/carrier modification to aid in reloading magazine, possibly install magwell funnel (which will require magazine modification)
2) Need ability to adjust choke constriction. Poly Choke or have barrel cut and threaded for screw in chokes. 
3) Chamber has a sharp edge that caused several failure to feed. A mild chamfer should eliminate that.
4) Forearm is held on by a sling swivel screw. Mine is apparently stripped. Upon cleaning, I realized my forearm had walked forward 1/8". Guess I'll need to tap for the next size screw.

All in all, I'm pleased with the shotty so far. Now to see if it can be turned into a 3 Gun shotgun for Unlimited class ($$$)

It amazes me how many have passed judgment on this shotgun w/o even seeing one, much less shooting one. I often wonder how much range time some of these armchair warriors actually have.... This thread has traveled all over the map. These guns are only $600. Pony up!!! Until then, keep you're uneducated opinions to yourself. 

• Like 1

we dont need to "educate" ourselves.  the vepr is only $100 more.... why buy an imitation for only what, 14-16% cheaper initial investment? i bought a chinese giant iphone clone because it was like 66% cheaper. 

im glad youre enjoying yours, but i will stick to the real deal and let you early adopters play test this... and maybe let it get alot cheaper....

• Like 3

Welp, got mine back from DDI today and hope has been restored. The action is much smoother with no hangup like previously. Just put it all together and will be taking it out Saturday morning with birdshot, buckshot and slugs.........we shall see gents

IMG_0722_zpsn12wnb9v.jpg

Edited by Sublimeon24s
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw on AK files that Sublimeon sold his and was going to get a VEPR12.  

I went ahead and bought a DDI12 from Atlantic.  I hope it makes it to my FFL today so I can find out if it is a POS this weekend.  I figure worse case scenario I would make them trade me for a AK rifle if it sucks, I hear decent things about the stuff they actually make.

I have a Saiga12 and a VEPR12 so I think I should be able to do a reasonable and unbiased review.  I just ordered one because I am sitting on a ton of Saiga12 accessories and thought it would be nice to have another gun that uses the same stuff which is the big drag about my VEPR12.  I figured the next time there is a big scare I would sell off which ever ones I didn't like.  I'm an idiot and like to blast away from my MD20 drums though.

Edited by Plowboy

I saw on AK files that Sublimeon sold his and was going to get a VEPR12.  

I went ahead and bought a DDI12 from Atlantic.  I hope it makes it to my FFL today so I can find out if it is a POS this weekend.  I figure worse case scenario I would make them trade me for a AK rifle if it sucks, I hear decent things about the stuff they actually make.

I have a Saiga12 and a VEPR12 so I think I should be able to do a reasonable and unbiased review.  I just ordered one because I am sitting on a ton of Saiga12 accessories and thought it would be nice to have another gun that uses the same stuff which is the big drag about my VEPR12.  I figured the next time there is a big scare I would sell off which ever ones I didn't like.  I'm an idiot and like to blast away from my MD20 drums though.

cool. Keep us posted.
  • 1 month later...

Just to update you all.  I got my DDI 12 right after I mentioned it a few posts back.  I took it out and shot it along with my S12 and Vepr12.  I got about 20 rounds or so through it and it jammed up.  The bolt had a chunk break off of it like has been shown before.  I e-mailed DDI and they promptly sent me a shipping label to send it back.  It then took a couple of weeks and a few e-mails to get my credit back to my card due to lack of follow up from Atlantic and DDI.  They responded after I e-mailed them but they should have just taken care of it.  Customer service I would give a 5 for both companies, I did get my money back but it did take a little more effort on my part than it should have.

The DDI12 visually looked every bit as good as my S12 or Vepr12.  Maybe they will sort out the issues with the hardening of the bolts, but after shooting my S12 again I should just be happy with what I already have.  My S12 is a lot easier on my shoulder than the Vepr and the DDI, but putting a shock absorbing stock wasn't a chore as would be on the other 2.

Makes me shake my head at the guys that told me "dont waste your money on the pos catamount fury 2, wait for the ddi"...  sounds like my gun is as good as the ddi and 200 bucks cheaper!

The Chinese factory that made my cat2  is ZIJIANG Machinery company..... who is the maker of the DDI?   I wonder if any parts between the cats and the ddi interchange since they are both Chinese?

Edited by waltham_41