The media is making a very big deal about TX open carry, and all the "problems" it may cause.

It's all a big question mark.  Nobody knows how people will behave if allowed to carry firearms right out in the open.

That's understandable considering that TX will be the first state to ever have open carry.*

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-big-gun-law-state-model-modern-open-205037963.html

The sight of civilians carrying visible weapons is about to become commonplace in the Lone Star State. Some wonder how the law will affect policing.

*except for the following states that open carry without permit:

Alaska
Montana
Idaho
Wyoming
Nevada
Arizona
New Mexico
South Dakota
Vermont
Kentucky
Virginia

And these states which allow open carry with restrictions:

Utah
North Dakota
Minnesota
Iowa
Tennessee
Mississippi
Georgia
Indiana
Maryland
New Jersey
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Massachusetts

• Like 1

I'm in AL too, OC is constitutional & CC requires permit, I carry both ways.

AL OC laws were just improved and reinforced, no more getting hassled for OC by asshat LEOs.

MS just went OC year before last IIRC, they had the same drama as TX...  Nothing happened, never does.

The libs just don't want people accepting their rights openly. They hate and mock what they don't understand and do everything to spread fear. Their hope is that if people are scared enough, they will sacrifice their rights for perceived security.

• Like 1

PA is open carry too, but with restrictions, and is "frowned upon" by PA LEO.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/open-carry/

Alabama OC laws make it very clear that lawful Open Carry doesn't constitute any manner of Disorderly Conduct, Disturbing the Peace, Public, Nuisance, Going Armed to the Terror of the Public or any of the other bullshit excuses some Depts & their LEOs try to use against lawful OC.

This was due to the exact problems you've with PA LEOs who don't like it.

The media is making a big deal because Houston has become a liberal tar pit. The DA in Houston at the time, was screaming bloody murder when baby Bush first approved concealed carry when he was Governor. One of the single reasons he was elected.

• Like 2

I think you can open carry in Michigan.. Not exactly a state known for gun rights seeing as they have pistol registration ect.

If open carry ever happens in Florida I'll probably have to get a pair of 'walking around pistols'.. Maybe something like this.

400px-Wanted_1.jpg

Or this

article-2202763-14FAA577000005DC-313_634

Kansas has always had open carry, some Anti-gun in Democratic leaning districts, tried to use this reason against CC passage years ago. Said anyone who wanted to defend themselves, didn't need to hide it. Yet were made to be made out as jerks, when numerous examples of their officers harassing those practicing this option. In my rural area, no one even raises an eyebrow. See it more and more in larger metro areas lately, especially with those traveling on 2 wheels, pedal or motor. 

Its really so much worse than the media. There are thousands of gun owners, whom are buying and promoting the fear driven agenda. I'm a member on the TexasGunTalk forum and it's like a 100+ page of back and forth of idiot after idiot babbling about all these imaginary scenarios where they're targeted first be recon 7-11 bandits, and ninja holster bandits. Yet when prodded not a single one of them can answer why these problems aren't rampant in all the other open carry states..... people really are fucking retarded.

• Like 4

Uninformed media and people are stupid.

It's all that the media can do to instill panic in uninformed people. Anti-gun elitism at it's best.

Grasping at straws in a tide that they can't control.

They know that 8 years of Pro-gun policies are at the door.

Screw them.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 3

Freedom-loving Americans moving to TX is a good thing.  The problem is that libtards fuck up their own states and then move to TX/AZ/etc and immediately start fucking up our states.

• Like 7

Freedom-loving Americans moving to TX is a good thing.  The problem is that libtards fuck up their own states and then move to TX/AZ/etc and immediately start fucking up our states.

Yep. I believe they are known as locusts.

• Like 1

You can open carry in Florida if you are hunting, fishing or camping.

Most LEs in Florida don't know this so you will be at the least shot and arrested.

Personally I do not see the point but do not object to it.

Yep. I believe they are known as locusts.

I tend to call them 'filthy hippies', myself. No offense to any God-fearing, freedom-loving, gun-toting conservative filthy hippies...tongue.png

• Like 1

Texas liberals are so pissed because they know this basically screws their anti gun lies and proves that in the right hands firearms in public create no additional danger, and now that thousands of people will see this they too will proceed to become lawful gun owners and believers/protectors of their rights. Black, white, hispanic, asian, all on board and not in agreement with the liberals. That's the real reason they fought this so hard.

• Like 2

Most LEs in Florida don't know this so you will be at the least shot and arrested.

Bullshit, I OC on the beach when fishing, at the most I've been scowled at and asked why/and for my CCW.

They know, they want to know if I know my rights and the law.

I believe the open carry issue is a response to the Libtard's calling police if a person accidentally prints/exposes. You know, the Liberal deadly game of calling 911 and having the full force of a police department to respond. I believe open carry is a good thing to watch sheeple urinating on themselves when spotting a gun in public.

• Like 1

Getting my TX CCW soon. I like TX ,

Unfortunately, a lot of other folks are flooding here as well. Happened in the 80's and now it is happening again.

Yea,,,,, but this time the fvcktards are coming from South of the border.beaten.gif

Getting my TX CCW soon. I like TX ,

Unfortunately, a lot of other folks are flooding here as well. Happened in the 80's and now it is happening again.

Yea,,,,, but this time the fvcktards are coming from South of the border.beaten.gif

This is been going on for a long long time in Texas. Both sides of the isle want this to happen, along with the heads of some of the major church denominations.

• Like 1

I was there from 98 through 01 and it was OC. CC required a permit. Did it change in the last few?

I was there from 98 through 01 and it was OC. CC required a permit. Did it change in the last few?

Florida hasn't had regular OC since the Civil War War of Secession.

The only OC legal even in the timeline you say was still only permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, gun shows, or while shooting, and while going to and from such activities.

You can open carry in Florida if you are hunting, fishing or camping.Most LEs in Florida don't know this so you will be at the least shot and arrested.Personally I do not see the point but do not object to it.

Florida hasn't had regular OC since the Civil War War of Secession.The only OC legal even in the timeline you say was still only permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, gun shows, or while shooting, and while going to and from such activities.
lol! All I hung out with was Northport PD and a few Charlotte county deputies. Maybe they didn't care?

The list of OC states is long, much longer than that in the OP.

They're pissed off because Texas is the testing ground for developing a unified approach towards securing democrat political victories in red southern states, and they are losing. There are a number of dems that are obsessed with the notion of "turning Texas blue"

Look, they are jonesing for it so hard that they are even writing "anticipatory history" articles that salivate at the very idea of it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/3/16/1370547/-When-Red-States-Turn-Blue-An-Anticipatory-History-of-the-Next-Twenty-Years

Anti-gun dems can cry all they want about OC being fully legalized in Texas, but that's not really what they're mad about. They're just upset that they're losing the cultural battle for more conservative states, facing new stiff pushback from voters, despite all of their statistical analysis showing that Texas should be the first big red state to go fully blue.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2