Texas liberals are so pissed because they know this basically screws their anti gun lies and proves that in the right hands firearms in public create no additional danger, and now that thousands of people will see this they too will proceed to become lawful gun owners and believers/protectors of their rights. Black, white, hispanic, asian, all on board and not in agreement with the liberals. That's the real reason they fought this so hard.

very good point.

I'm in TX and the OC came in like a whisper. No drama.

• Like 1

Open carry when on foot in a public area is generally illegal, but is permitted in certain circumstances, as defined by Florida statute 790.25(3). For example, open carry is permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, gun shows, or while shooting, and while going to and from such activities.[15] The open carry ban statute is currently being challenged in Court[16] In 2010, Florida was one of seven states that had a ban on open carrying of a weapon.[17] In 2015, Florida is one of five states that has a ban on open carrying of a firearm, but there is currently a bill in the works to legalize open carry to those possessing a valid concealed weapons license(see hb163 and sb300).[citation

Open carry or concealed, GODDAMN IT, I'm still waiting for the streets to run red with the blood of innocents like they predicted every time we demanded our rights to carry. I wrote back then,(90s) to Gov. Bill Graves about the CCW bill they tried to pass but Graves always vetoed, why are criminals allowed to carry concealed and the law abiding citizen not? Seemed like a simple question to me, but I received a full page explanation about all rights in general and how, more in depth studies were necessary, blah, blah, blah. I didn't bother writing to Gov. Sebelius because it was widely known she would veto the bill as did Graves before her. Politicians, you can't live with 'em and you can't live with 'em. We have both now and not one person predicting "doomsday" will admit they're wrong. Glad y'all got it Texas, welcome to the party. Incidentally, Graves was a republican and Sebelius a democrap.

• Like 1

It was a long time coming. I took a road trip over the last two days and decided to carry on a hip holster. It was cold so I wore a jacket. It was pretty obvious I had a handgun and yet everywhere I stopped to eat or stretch I got no response. Not even from cops. Nothing more than "pretty cold" or "happy new year". I must admit, it was a hell of a lot more comfortable to carry holstered.

Open carry or concealed, GODDAMN IT, I'm still waiting for the streets to run red with the blood of innocents like they predicted every time we demanded our rights to carry. I wrote back then,(90s) to Gov. Bill Graves about the CCW bill they tried to pass but Graves always vetoed, why are criminals allowed to carry concealed and the law abiding citizen not? Seemed like a simple question to me, but I received a full page explanation about all rights in general and how, more in depth studies were necessary, blah, blah, blah. I didn't bother writing to Gov. Sebelius because it was widely known she would veto the bill as did Graves before her. Politicians, you can't live with 'em and you can't live with 'em. We have both now and not one person predicting "doomsday" will admit they're wrong. Glad y'all got it Texas, welcome to the party. Incidentally, Graves was a republican and Sebelius a democrap.

Know it all Houston District Attorney at the time concealed handgun carry law was enacted in 1996 in Texas.

“As you know, I was very outspoken in my opposition to the passage of the Concealed Handgun Act. I did not feel that such legislation was in the public interest and presented a clear and present danger to law abiding citizens by placing more handguns on our streets,” Holmes wrote. “Boy was I wrong. Our experience in Harris County , and indeed state-wide, has proven my initial fears absolutely groundless.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1552567/posts

• Like 5

That's great. It's refreshing to read that he admits he was wrong. Takes a man.

Actually, I really liked the DA a very smart man. Sometimes, his ego and know it all positions, tended to cloud his vision.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Former-DA-ran-powerful-death-penalty-machine-1833545.php

• Like 1

Freedom-loving Americans moving to TX is a good thing.  The problem is that libtards fuck up their own states and then move to TX/AZ/etc and immediately start fucking up our states.

Well said, and very true. A lot of companies from CA and other libtard states are moving to Texas, and bringing their liberal sheep with them. The good thing is that Texas is so big and conservative enough to absorb it so far without much damage. But it is not for lack of trying. 

I also like your point about how many states have open carry. I have friends in other states who have called or text me in the last couple of weeks talking about Texas OC, and how I felt about Texas being the first state to allow open carry. I just roll my eyes and delete them from my contacts. If you are stupid enough to believe everything the media tells you, then I have no room for you. 

You can open carry in Florida if you are hunting, fishing or camping.

Most LEs in Florida don't know this so you will be at the least shot and arrested.

Personally I do not see the point but do not object to it.

I was there from 98 through 01 and it was OC. CC required a permit. Did it change in the last few?

I would only OC in these scenarios, sorry guys but you are not smart if you OC in the city. So I am a bad guy nothing to live for and I see this dumb ass with a gun on his/her side, I then follow you home, wait for you to leave then rob the crap out of you...

People just don't think and this sucks, I know what you are going to say, I have neighbors w/ guns, they have to eat too most are going to go to work as well.  They had a big whop T do on the news about bringing OC to FL for CC holders, I WILL NOT OC....

I believe what the local Sheriffs office says, there are going to be many more deaths..... It is easy to sit behind a desk and dictate orders but to actually face this for ones self is another story, just like war, easy to send others to their death while you sit your ass at home having your stake dinner claiming that we are fighting for YOUR FREEDOM!!!  Who's? Not mine or millions of others that's for sure...

Vote for me for President.... I am convinced Americans love to bitch and really don't want change, they just bow down.....

To officers and military personnel out their I feel for you, I for one am sorry that you have to suffer man quest to dominate others.... 

A little story for you, WARNING this is graphic and am sorry if I offend anyone, I do ask the admins to please allow it did happen and can be proven if need be.

So I as many went through a nasty divorce which caused me to join a group called FACTS Families Against Courts Travesties, I met this other mother who had a 2 year old. I volunteered with the group and for 2.5 years I would accompany the mother for child exchange, father in the west coast, mother in the east coast, Clewiston FL. The father has custody of the child not the mother in this case....

The mother petitioned the court for a divorce on the basis that the father was molesting, @ the time the 1 year old child, she stated to me that she caught the father orally pleasing the child, this is hear say, I did not see this. Well the child gets older and can talk now, one day we arrive at the destination early, she wakes the child and the starts to cry screaming (have you heard a child scream out of desperation?????), no mommy no I don't want to go with daddy, she asks why? The child states in front of me that "DADDY PUTS HIS SNAKE IN MY MOUTH". Her exact words.......

The mother again petitions the court for a hearing, the mother now has multiple people that heard this from the child on many different occasions, and she got a child psychologist to do an evaluation on the child and she is going in with guns blazing. So the day comes for justice, when her attorney tries to call the psychologist the judge states that he was a expert medical psychologist (no degree in) and would not hear any testimony and tosses the case....

FRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Not for Clorisa....  Sorry I could not help you sweetheart....

You can open carry in Florida if you are hunting, fishing or camping.

Most LEs in Florida don't know this so you will be at the least shot and arrested.

Personally I do not see the point but do not object to it.

I was there from 98 through 01 and it was OC. CC required a permit. Did it change in the last few?

I would only OC in these scenarios, sorry guys but you are not smart if you OC in the city. So I am a bad guy nothing to live for and I see this dumb ass with a gun on his/her side, I then follow you home, wait for you to leave then rob the crap out of you...

People just don't think and this sucks, I know what you are going to say, I have neighbors w/ guns, they have to eat too most are going to go to work as well.  They had a big whop T do on the news about bringing OC to FL for CC holders, I WILL NOT OC....

I believe what the local Sheriffs office says, there are going to be many more deaths..... It is easy to sit behind a desk and dictate orders but to actually face this for ones self is another story, just like war, easy to send others to their death while you sit your ass at home having your stake dinner claiming that we are fighting for YOUR FREEDOM!!!  Who's? Not mine or millions of others that's for sure...

Vote for me for President.... I am convinced Americans love to bitch and really don't want change, they just bow down.....

To officers and military personnel out their I feel for you, I for one am sorry that you have to suffer man quest to dominate others.... 

A little story for you, WARNING this is graphic and am sorry if I offend anyone, I do ask the admins to please allow it did happen and can be proven if need be.

So I as many went through a nasty divorce which caused me to join a group called FACTS Families Against Courts Travesties, I met this other mother who had a 2 year old. I volunteered with the group and for 2.5 years I would accompany the mother for child exchange, father in the west coast, mother in the east coast, Clewiston FL. The father has custody of the child not the mother in this case....

The mother petitioned the court for a divorce on the basis that the father was molesting, @ the time the 1 year old child, she stated to me that she caught the father orally pleasing the child, this is hear say, I did not see this. Well the child gets older and can talk now, one day we arrive at the destination early, she wakes the child and the starts to cry screaming (have you heard a child scream out of desperation?????), no mommy no I don't want to go with daddy, she asks why? The child states in front of me that "DADDY PUTS HIS SNAKE IN MY MOUTH". Her exact words.......

The mother again petitions the court for a hearing, the mother now has multiple people that heard this from the child on many different occasions, and she got a child psychologist to do an evaluation on the child and she is going in with guns blazing. So the day comes for justice, when her attorney tries to call the psychologist the judge states that he was a expert medical psychologist (no degree in) and would not hear any testimony and tosses the case....

FRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Not for Clorisa....  Sorry I could not help you sweetheart....

Uhh....... sad story. But man you jumped the shark.. maybe less drinking when posting?