SGM Tactical Muzzle Break Saiga .308

When I was last on this list with any regularity, there was discussion about muzzle breaks and in particular the absence of threading on some or all Saiga barrels. Browsing YouTube today I came up an extended review of the .308 and was interested to learn that the muzzle break on this fellow's carbine is an SGM Tactical which "slides around the stock rifle front sight and locks tight around the front sight and barrel." It also is noted that 3/16 of an inch is required from the end of the barrel to the front sight. The cost is $170.

Anybody familiar with the SGM Tactical? It would be nice--preferable, actually--if I could reduce recoil, improve accuracy and enhance my ability to make quicker follow-up shots. Not in the least, it would be nice to not drive away other shooters at the range because the muzzle blast currently is so loud. When fired at night, it would light up the whole of south-central Minnesota. 

• Like 1

The Chub certainly would be noticed. Nice price. SGM is asking $170.

When has it become possible to get a muzzle break that slides over the barrel and is clamped or screwed? Seems to me that only barrels with threads could take one and if I remember right, some of the Saigas came with threads and some didn't.