saiga 12 chaos titan rail

I just got this thing and I'm so excited to get it up and working. I'm having some issues with it and chaos isn't around so hopefully I can get all the stuff worked out cause this thing wasn't cheap. @300$ I could have got a Mossberg 500 for that much ya know. I understand it's holiday season and there not around and this rail seems really nice I'll be disappointed if it doesn't work right for whatever reason..

The biggest thing was it seemed like I was having a whole hell of alot of trouble fitting the hinged dust cover thing over the preexisting dust cover and latching down over the recoil assembly. I'm worried I filed to much or maybe not enough I'm going to wait till they get back in office and ask them all the questions I got...this forum seems like its died down after the saiga import ban a little...

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the rail and I properly installed it this time as best I could I tightened the heck out of the screws and used a liberal amount of blue threadlocker loctite. I may need to get a new rear locking plate from chaos bc I may have goofed mine. Idk it seems sturdy as a rock now so I doubt it will fall apart at the range again like it did when I was using my own screws and not there's because I was impatient lol.

My worry is something weird might be going on with the rail attached. Maybe it's pinching the gas tube or something I don't know. I haven't got to shoot it enough and probley won't for a month to get some testing in. But I do know that it cycled birdshot before I installed the rail and the tapco gas puck. I plan on testing it again and useing a variety of ammo , and reverting to the old puck to see if that was the issue. And general functions test.

It seems like its working out though. I was even thinking of possibly getting a boresighter to somehow adjust there sights to be as close as I need em to be with slugs to about 50 yards

Anyways . that's my update. There a good company though they awnsered all my questions and helped me in the right direction with things I didn't quite understand.

if it's pinching the gas tube, you'll know when you hand-cycle the action--there will be binding or extra friction that wasn't there before installation.

A boresighter will get you in the ballpark (on paper most of the time) but you'll still need to sight in slugs just like you would a rifle.

• Like 1