http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/03/armed-militia-storm-national-wildlife-refuge-building-following-protest.html?intcmp=hpbt2

"Now, I'm not going to be best friends with the BLM," he said. "The point is, until that line is drawn, that we have had enough of this tyranny and you are going to leave us alone, it will not change. This is the power of America, right here. ... This could be a hope that spreads through the whole United States,” Cooper added.

"Armed white terrorists have invaded and are currently occupying federal property."

Hyperbole much?

As much as I want "something to be done", this isn't something that helps our side.

The smart gov play is just to let the "militia" get bored and leave.   Bundy said the group planned to stay at the refuge indefinitely. "We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely," Ammon Bundy said. "This is not a decision we've made at the last minute."  But if there is no media circus, and no gov ninjas peering out of the turrets of apcs to egg them on... 

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 5

Dumb asses.  Doing this BS just throws fuel on the fire for the Leftest/Communists/ect.  As much as I'd love to be set and ready for 6months with no food or water, I am not and am doing my best until SHTF.  Being dumb enough to go to college, have student loan debt, a mortgage, and being stuck in entry level jobs since I graduated, cause the catch 22, oh you went to college but you dont have any experience to move up, well I can't get any fvcking experience cause no one will give you that opportunity to do so.  One thing I dont have is a car payment, and I do my own repairs so I saved thousands over the years.

This is the counterpoint the lefties were dreaming would happen. The federal judge who upped the sentences to four years played this one well. They new there would be a knee jerk reaction, and now will use that to promote their views.

• Like 2

Very serious indeed.  How many here study American History ... especially around 1774 to around 1775?  The timing is bad.  Why is it so many of us just get pissed and grab a gun when the answer is  .... if anybody has a brain in their head .... to use other avenues?  Just me.

Remember when people of color protest and occupy its considered justified.  Case in point the occupation of Minneapolis 4th precinct for weeks.  Or the storming of the mall of america last year and again this year.   When whites do it, its considered racist.

• Like 4

"Armed white terrorists have invaded and are currently occupying federal property."

Hyperbole much?

As much as I want "something to be done", this isn't something that helps our side.

The smart gov play is just to let the "militia" get bored and leave.   Bundy said the group planned to stay at the refuge indefinitely. "We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely," Ammon Bundy said. "This is not a decision we've made at the last minute."  But if there is no media circus, and no gov ninjas peering out of the turrets of apcs to egg them on...

Yeah, but the government doesnt like to not kill people to fix things for them. And they HATE militias, it challenges their authority to dictate law to us. Ffrom what i have read, the militia is right.

Very serious indeed.  How many here study American History ... especially around 1774 to around 1775?  The timing is bad.  Why is it so many of us just get pissed and grab a gun when the answer is  .... if anybody has a brain in their head .... to use other avenues?  Just me.

if youve read what has gone on since the 60s on these guys being abused by the feds, you might not think it is so hasty a thing to do.

After what I saw with Texas Open Carry and the Bundy ranch, I'm no longer in the business of guessing what the right path may or may not be.

Something is hinky but no idea what or who despite many bloggers attempts to tell me.

A few of the more hinky fuckers have been exposed, yeah K looking your way, but Im sure the Feds are four deep in every position.

So if they reason its go time for them then I wont gainsay it.

And the media will only tell the official "truth" and the ones who took the building will be arrested or killed and used as justification for the next infringement.

Being in the right doesn't matter when your side is never heard.

The only way to win is to be heard and listened to.

This action will not get anyone to listen.

• Like 1

They'd Be Killed if They Were Black

You don't need to read it. You can fill in the blanks with standard race-baiting rhetoric.

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/04/theyd_be_killed_if_they_were_black_the_racial_double_standard_at_the_heart_of_the_new_bundy_family_standoff/

Racist douchnozzles.

• Like 1

Now that they have the attention, an articulate and convincing spokesperson to convey the message is crucial for their cause.

Seems to be a missing piece of the puzzle for these guys. Outward appearance to the uninformed is still a bunch of disgruntled, backwoods yokels with scarwy guns.

• Like 1

Media and talking heads are pushing the agenda to label these people as terrorists claiming they want to overthrow the government.

When in reality, they only want their constitutional rights and private property to be respected.

PS   holy crap....I read Darths link  its infuriating 

Media and talking heads are pushing the agenda to label these people as terrorists claiming they want to overthrow the government.

When in reality, they only want their constitutional rights and private property to be respected.

Well then, I'm sure Al Sharpton will come to the rescue any time now...

These people need to hire a slick NY Law firm to represent them. Also a good PR firm. A couple TV adds and they should get the coverage they need.

If you want public opinion to be on your side, you need the lame stream media. To get the talking heads to mouth what you want them to say, you need to hire the right people to put the words in their tele-prompters!

• Like 3

"Seized a federal building" meaning most likely a public bathroom and a small garage/equipment shelter.

I believe it's actually an abandoned bird sanctuary.

Bunch of goddamn operators we're dealing with here.

either way it's pretty much what I expected it to be, just a typical western US park service building that likely is completely empty and unused for half the year. 

Just supprized it wasn't gold miners, as they're harassed more by BLM and Forest Service than gun owners are harassed by the ATF.

Support your local small scale miners!

Some of the suction dredging rigs I've seen in use here in WA can really screw up rivers. I've seen guys dumping buckets of sediment right back into the river rather than depositing it on the shore. That sort of method can totally destroy fish spawning grounds.

• Like 1

Not a great idea. IMHO

there are other ways to get a point across

The Bundy crowd isn't about doing things sensible ways. Their MO is to wave their arms around and run in circles screaming "look at me, I am a martyr, I am being oppressed"  They are Occupy, but sit on the other side of the aisle. 

They want free land and no taxes, but still want to use roads, etc. Welfare queens with ar-15s on their backs and children held in front. 

Don't let these clowns pick the hill you die on, people.

• Like 1

Ranchers are simply sick and tired of BLM overreach. This is a concept the average city dweller does not understand. The government is simply too large, and it has far exceeded the framers intent. Remember, the government works for us not the other way around. Another example of BLM overreach:

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/11/17/red-river-landowners-take-battle-feds-court/

Edited by yakdung