Not a great idea. IMHO

there are other ways to get a point across

The Bundy crowd isn't about doing things sensible ways. Their MO is to wave their arms around and run in circles screaming "look at me, I am a martyr, I am being oppressed"  They are Occupy, but sit on the other side of the aisle. 

They want free land and no taxes, but still want to use roads, etc. Welfare queens with ar-15s on their backs and children held in front. 

Don't let these clowns pick the hill you die on, people.

I may not agree with their methods, but these people are in the right, its the government that is doing criminal actions!!

Take your free land no taxes liberal  bull shit and stick it!!

I am not a liberal. Unless you mean in the classical John Locke sense. You misread me. These wankers have a history of dishonesty and misrepresenting their situation. I am no fan of the government land monopolies either. IMO most govt held lands should be auctioned to the US citizenry on the cheap and the money used to pay down the national debt.

• Like 2

I would be a lot more supportive of their cause, except this is a 'fundamental Mormon" sect.

They are there because "God told then to do it". Not much different than other extremist religious groups.

Freedom! From Government overreach, AND from who think they speak for God.

This was the account I read.

It outlines some pretty shady tactics used by the fed to exaggerate charges against these guys for an accidental fire that damaged no property.

It's a fucked up situation.

Now the local sheriff has either been bought or turned pussy...

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/03/full-story-on-whats-going-on-in-oregon-militia-take-over-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge-in-protest-to-hammond-family-persecution/

The BLM has been out of control for quite awhile now. Old article http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/jul/09/fed-agency-wants-52000-rounds-ammo-hoover-dam-prom/

Two months later, Amodei was one of 17 GOP congressmen to sponsor a bill that would have prevented certain agencies, like the Bureau of Reclamation, from using or purchasing weapons. That bill failed to pass.

The sheriffs accounts need to be investigated

The BLM has been out of control for quite awhile now. Old article http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/jul/09/fed-agency-wants-52000-rounds-ammo-hoover-dam-prom/

Two months later, Amodei was one of 17 GOP congressmen to sponsor a bill that would have prevented certain agencies, like the Bureau of Reclamation, from using or purchasing weapons. That bill failed to pass.

Has to be one of the WORST Sheriffs in the country!!!

Most Sheriffs PROTECT the rights of their citizens

Has to be one of the WORST Sheriffs in the country!!!

Most Sheriffs PROTECT the rights of their citizens

Local Sheriff's in local towns are easily bought off.

Hello

I find it curious that the Oathkeepers, who were front and center during the Bundy Nevada standoff, are disavowing this one.

They apparently are putting as much distance between themselves and this powder keg as possible.

-Guido in TX

• Like 2

Occupy Wall Street Wildlife Refuge

"We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely," Ammon Bundy said. "This is not a decision we've made at the last minute." 

Really??? 

If you came in prepared to stay years, then why did you not bring blankets, sleeping bags, socks, underwear...?

At least they spelled most of the words right.

Militia Wish List

post-4831-0-64041400-1452562458_thumb.png

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

So what does open revolution look like? At this point it looks like it never gets started, because everyone that would dare to sacrifice it all, will get relegated to second guessing and labeled as cooks by the same people that will gripe and complain about the overstep of the federal government on a regular basis. You all realize that everyone that still remains there is either dead, imprisoned for life, or victorious. Good for all of them and their conscience. Shame on the rest of us and the opinions we have been formed from a media propaganda campaign that has shown itself again and again to be an enemy of the Constitution and this Nation as it was formed.

In this day and age, Thomas Payne, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson would all be labeled domestic terrorists, and would be despised by the American media and public.

• Like 2

Is that the sound of pipes I hear?  I feel like I should stand up and salute, and then slice my wrists for being unworthy.

Standing up for something?  Bravo.  Accomplishing nothing and looking like fools while doing it?  Not so much...

Dead or imprisoned for life?  I'm betting not.  Unless they take it to the next step and pop caps (which at this point would make them even bigger fools than they already are).

Victorious?  I admit I actually laughed when I read that.  The feds have no incentive AT ALL to give them anything.  It reminds me of the scene from Blazing Saddles where Bart holds a gun to his own head.  Only the feds aren't quite as stupid as the people of Rock Ridge.

These men are not the founding fathers.  The founding fathers actually had a plan beyond occupying one tiny building and waiting for the British to kill them.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Horseshit Darth. What are you waiting for...a sure win? At what point do you stop bitching and start fighting? Exactly what plan did our founding fathers have? Please tell me. 4 years of getting their asses handed to them in battle after battle. Please tell me their plan other than not to live under the yoke of tyranny. It was a suicide mission from the start. What do you need to stand up a 44-0 victory with :30 left in the 4th quarter.

Did our standing armies not look like fools for most of the Revolutionary War? Did the British have no respect for our standing army or militia? Yet we won. You need to ask yourself why.

2nd edit...what would those who stood at Concord and actually fired shots at the British have to say to this:

"Accomplishing nothing by and looking like fools not so much.

Dead or imprisoned for life? I'm betting not. Unless they take it to the next step and pop caps (which at this point would make them even bigger fools than they already are)" can you please do the last bit with a Brirish accent?

Edited by Spacehog

This is NOT a 'battle' and will start no war. This is just a minor skirmish with some wannabe revolutionaries. I am sure that BIG GOV is just waiting them out , and looking to keep Hildabeast out of the conversation. AFTER the election thing will change. For better or worse depends on who gets to run the White House.

Jack Mormon.  These characters are a whole lot braver than I am.  Waco TX comes to mind.  But having just said this, could not have their endless supply of energy and courage have been better employed instead getting politically active locally and then working their way up through the county and district level, then state, then federal level of politicking?  In order; city, district, schools, county, state, fed, then the UN?

Start at the grass roots local level and work up?  Duhh!  Or did they go straight to the dumb ego button to show off their misdirected energy?  Also for what it is worth and not very much, perhaps the whole thing began with Congress ignoring the 10th Amendment.  Over and over again.  Also the Supreme Court doing the same thing ... over and over again.  Can not these august folks even read plain written English?

Jack or otherwise, the Bundy crowd uses it as their primary justification. That's why a few of them were saying they would try to pull an "I am spartacus" by giving their names as "Capt. Moroni".

• Like 1

.... then working their way up through the county and district level, then state, then federal level of politicking?  In order; city, district, schools, county, state, fed, then the UN?....

That VERY rarely works HB. I speak from experience. We started at a national level, then scaled it back locally for a very different reason/cause. The problem is that each level you mentioned doesn't like having the status quo messed with. They sweep it under the rug, have entities involved in the issue audited or other forms of harassment, and other tactics to discourage or outright stop the work trying to be accomplished by the "rebel rousers". My city has 20k people in it; my city plays by their rules just as the overlords above them do. Beyond that, each level you mentioned counts on the entity above it and it's highly unlikely a city is going to side with a group if the higher entity doesn't support the groups.  

OREGON FIRE CHIEF CATCHES FBI AGENTS POSING AS MILITIA – QUITS HIS JOB IN PROTEST

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Oregon_Fire_Chief_Catches_FBI_Agents_Posing_as_Militia_–_Quits_His_Job_in_Protest/48325/0/38/38/Y/M.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB6m7x3QDAg

Edited by ragnarock47