saiga 12 gas port and gas block side gas vent questions?

I'm thinking of removing the gas block for the first time and fixing this. You guys see anything wrong?

I'm not sure if it's a 4port or not definitely a 3 port and one of them seem slighlty obstructed. On top of the fact I think the side ejection gas vent on the gasblock should not be like that. The holes are not lined up in unison clearly on the side vent. Is that something that should be repaired? What should it normally look like?post-37314-0-45566700-1451804213_thumb.jpgpost-37314-0-09850500-1451804240_thumb.jpg

Edited by Avtomatkalashnikov

Fixing what?

What are you experiencing?

I see what appears to be 4 ports of uknown size or depth. Got a dental pick, or something similar? Feel all the holes with it that will tell you atleast, the amount of ports and if they are all unobstructed or drilled through completely.

Not sure what you're trying to say about the vent?

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Probably nothing to fix.  All Looks normal to me.  I use an allen key to check/clean the ports.  Since it has a 90 degree bend it's a handy tool that's already on the workbench..    You have four ports.  One is mostly hidden, but can just barely be seen.  You will find it with the allen wrench. 

Confirmed with dental pick its 4 ports. I had a Allen key and never could really get any satisfying angle with it. The plastic pic was able to get it.

It just wasn't cycleing birdshot at all with this new rail I put on it yesterday, but even before then on gas setting 2 every 3rd-4th shot it would jam sometimes. I also put in a tapco stainless steel gas puck(piston) so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it. I just want it to be as reliable as possible with all ammo even if I need to get something better than the stock plug for easier convienance of turning the settings. I was thinking the tac-47 auto plug or the vplug. I'm kind of leaning towards the vplug but the tac plug seems like it fine tunes your gun. But I've also heard of setting backing out with heavy fireing over time and seen people modding them and all kinds of stuff I'm not sure if I'm willing to do to a 40+$ part. So I think I may go mdarms vplug with the 4-5settings or whatever it was. You guys have any experience with the aftermarket plugs?

And I was really asking more mainly about the side gas vent that vents excess gas that's hidden under the handguard located on the side of gas block. You can clearly see the holes do not co-witness and I was wondering if this could be a cause for it to not cycle birdshot. I will say this much it cycles Remington slugs like nobody's business on any setting but they ain't cheap.

I think you're confused on the gas block vent hole.   When viewed directly from the side it looks like it's partially covered, but if you look carefully you will see that  It's drilled at an angle upwards -
it does not cowitness with anything.