Oh god yes, I do trust the Feds...

Trail of cynical sarcastic bread crumbs left...

Trust no one, in particular statist bastids and their toadies who would sell us all down the river...

Believe only what you see with your own eyes.

• Like 1

There are plenty of real issues and threats to worry about instead of wasting time on tinfoil bullshit.

Let's say osama was still alive, and the whole story about killing him is a complete obuttfucker lie.  It wouldn't be the first lie.  It wouldn't be the last lie.  It wouldn't be the worst lie.  And it sure as hell wouldn't be important enough to distract us from what he's doing right now.  And that's if the conspiracy theory is true.  How much less important is it when it's a fairy tale?

So how about a little focus on the real and the now?

• Like 4

I don't know if he is and but I will say this there are no pictures of the body, no sailors allowed to witness the funeral, and all of the team that took him out conveniently died. I'm sure it's all coincidence.

After all the military is completely honest and in no was whatsoever related to, controlled by or funded by our glaringly corrupt president and congress. That's just crazy talk. Those guys will lie to us, to steal our rights, make honest citizens to look like domestic terrorist, but would never lie about a military operation.

If the president says it, it's a lie. If one of his chosen military spokespersons says it it's infallible truth. Am I getting this right?

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Never served, huh?

Nope, and looking at how the VA and gov shits on vets, I'm kinda glad I didn't. Of course believing that only vets, or leo have any credible or valid points is completely absurd. Thanks for contributing NOTHING of substance though. 

And i suppose your little bitch fest is what you consider substance

Never served, huh?

Nope, and looking at how the VA and gov shits on vets, I'm kinda glad I didn't. Of course believing that only vets, or leo have any credible or valid points is completely absurd. Thanks for contributing NOTHING of substance though. 

And i suppose your little bitch fest is what you consider substance

I'd try to explain to you the concept of "thought provoking" but you'd have to be capable of independent thought for such a concept to occur to you. I certainly don't consider your comments to be very thought provoking. Your paper thin skin is a great reflection of your baseless convictions. I do appreciate your chiming in to confirm this. ;)

Pooling

Honestly you are coming off as a whiney little bitch with a touch of mil envy ( the last about the envy was a baseless jab but what the hey...).  Nobody said that mil people are gods -- they just at one point wrote a check to the country they serve up to and including their lives and  by the way protect your right to whine...

So there's that.

Whine on ignorance, whine on...

• Like 2

Never served, huh?

If the only reason you would want to "serve" is for the perceived benefits, then I am also glad you never have.  And you are welcome but your admitted bias against vets and those who serve without any basis of knowledge is of substance for those who have...

• Like 2

Never served, huh?

If the only reason you would want to "serve" is for the perceived benefits, then I am also glad you never have. And you are welcome but your admitted bias against vets and those who serve without any basis of knowledge is of substance for those who have...
That's a complete fallacy of logic. Your assuming that my distain for the government's mistreatment of vets is somehow a reflection of my own distain for them. Why, if I was against vets, would I feel their mistreatment by the VA is such a damn travesty?

You guys are really either reading with bloodshot eyes, or struggling to find something to try and marginalize me, because you have nothing to validate your position .

I have respect for anybody who served, but that alone doesn't grant more heft their argument or the logic behind it, if it ( the logic) isn't there. If your experience in the service gave you some insight I don't possess, than please illustrate it. Otherwise you're really just creating conflict where there isn't one.

I'm curious as to why a white house military rep is immune to the white houses corrupt misleading. And you guys took it as a personal attack.

To me that is simply an indication that you don't know why. Please feel free to explain.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

Ours not to reason why

Ours but to do and die.

Understood. However this isn't a military forum or operation. It's a place where we exchange ideas.

My understanding has always been that the top brass are always academy elites and from rich families with political ties and don't really reflect the ranks of the enlisted.

To me this seems pretty parallel to Amy other system of social structure. Except for some reason even after completing your contractual obligation to obey these elitist , you take their word for gospel.

All while acknowledging their objective come from the same politicians you hate.

I guess what I'm saying is I understand loyalty to your ranks and enlisted brethren, but not to these to these uniformed mouth pieces hand picked by the coruptus in cheif.

Does that makes sense?

IGNORANCE SAID:

"I guess what I'm saying is I understand loyalty to your ranks and enlisted brethren, but not to these to these uniformed mouth pieces hand picked by the coruptus in cheif."

AND

"And you guys took it as a personal attack."

RESPONSE:

We did not take it as a attack of any kind, just the spewing of an individual that does not know from what orifice they speak.

I'll try one last time...

From the highest four star down to the lowest private, they all serve the country -- NOT the current administration in charge at the time.  The administration in charge is the caretaker of the country and as such has control of the military.  The members of the military may not (and do not) like the direction the administration is taking the country but are disciplined enough and knowledgeable enough of the constitution and their place in it to know that it is not their place to publicly disagree or do anything about it.  To serve -- the country is a higher calling and a noble one.  You can go on with your tinfoil theories about crap that doesn't matter but if you are going to continue voicing your opinions about military personnel (which is your right to do so), you need to understand that it would carry the same logical weight as if you were being told all about the Saiga shotgun by someone who had never had one in their hands...

//lesson// 

• Like 2

Sorry, I just read your last message again and caught what you wrote  --  it really illustrates how uninformed you are:

Ignorance wrote:

"My understanding has always been that the top brass are always academy elites and from rich families with political ties and don't really reflect the ranks of the enlisted. 
To me this seems pretty parallel to Amy other system of social structure."

Response:

The military is not like any other social structure -- not by a looooong shot.  No other social structure has the mission to close with and destroy the enemies of our country.  Let that sink in for a minute.  What other social structure trains to kill?  What members of any other social structure you know of has the knowledge that they may have to die in the course of their "job"?  What members of any other social structure routinely know of some of their peers who have lost their lives or been horribly wounded in the course of their "job"?  Get a clue...

As for the top brass coming from the rich elites...

The requirement for an individual to become an officer in the military is to have a 4 year degree and to go through either Officer Candidate School, West Point or other military academy or get a battlefield commission (highly rare).  That's it -- sorry but the recruiter does not ask about family background when you enlist.

To stay an officer and advance through the ranks one needs to spend the time in service and advance up through the ranks.  For the Army, the officer ranks are:

Second Lieutenant

First Lieutenant

Captain

Major

Lieutenant Colonel

Colonel

Brigadier General

Major General

Lieutenant General

General

Each has added responsibilities and each rank must be attained before advancing to the next.  A certain minimum time must be served in each rank before advancement can be considered.  When a officer is eligible for promotion, their personnel file is sent to the pentagon where it is reviewed by a panel that has never met the person.  All people eligible for promotion at the time are considered.  That may be as many as 1000's.  The panel looks at each person's file and evaluates it against the highest military standards.  Has the person gone to the extra schools and demonstrated the highest levels of leadership -- not all pass and get promoted to the next higher grade.  In fact, if you get passed over for promotion twice, you are basically let go out of the military.

​To finally make it to the ranks of general takes time.  The vestiges of any sense of being a civilian has long left.  The ethos of the military become firmly engrained.  For the army the ethos are: "Duty  Honor  Country" 

Try wrapping your head around that and try to really understand what that means...

Ever see the picture of Osamas dead bullet riddled body? Me neither.

Who cares????

• Like 1