https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg

Title says most of it. This is what the channel page says, This account has been terminated due to repeated violations of Google's policies.

Looks like he's already countering... https://www.youtube.com/user/HICKOCK45/feed

It would be great if he just found a different host. 

Edited by YOT

Facebook post on the subject from Hickock45's page:

Apparently, Google + is more sensitive about firearms related postings and such. I never use Google+ and did not even realize the videos were being posted over there, I guess. I will keep you posted via Facebook here and the Hickok45andson channel. I have communicated with YouTube via email this morning, and hopefully, we'll be able to get the channel back up soon. I had just posted a new video.

:up:

• Like 1

I never heard of him,  what did he say or do that pissed them off?

Decent, honest gun reviews. Lots of actual shooting on video. A personal range to die for. A clean, non vulgar old guy.

• Like 2

I know youtube was running alot of anti gun adds on his channel. I remember a video where he brought it up and basically said he didn't mind and thanked them for their support. That most likely didn't go over well and youtube has been looking for a reason to ditch him. Not that they need a reason.

• Like 1

Decent, honest gun reviews. Lots of actual shooting on video. A personal range to die for. A clean, non vulgar old guy.

Thanks for the heads up!

In other words...the basic backbone of America kind of guy.

We cant have that out there can we

• Like 1

This is a simple guess, but I believe there is a flood of complaints from the anti crowd. Sharyl Attkisson's channel was also suspended then reinstated for no reason.

It is a glitch when you use youtube and google+.  Google+ copies youtube content into google+ and then sifts for "objectionable content" which on google+ includes firearms. Then they ban the account which cascades and takes out the youtube channel..

It has been happening to a lot of channels including ones outside of firearms.. Its just a result of Google having mix content rules across their services and then making a service that mixes them all together.

• Like 3

Article is from July 5th of 2012. Google shopping lets other sellers advertise to your customers with a few rows of ads, so if you wanted to be seen you had to pay google... I hated it, its just a scam to make you pay google a bunch of money to not bury your website in the search results. Same with their shopping cart. Good riddance.

I'm not a fan of google, ebay, paypal... Ect. But I am stuck using google products for a number of things.

Good to see that they got their channel back.

• Like 1

Google shopping has gone from invaluable to nearly worthless over the last two years. I seldom find results that correlate to my search terms anymore. This is while google's plain web search turns up the items which are excluded from 'shopping.'

Ebay quit actually limiting their results by the  boolean terms in saved searches about 3-4 years ago. I will have searches such as Hunting>firearms>gun parts> "saiga 12 Muzzle brake" [under $35]. The name of the saved search is always the key terms in my system. I'll get emails from them now which read, ~"we found 36 matches to your search "saiga 12 muzzle brake under $35""- and the first 3 things listed are BIN duck calls at $65... 

I just don't trust any of the bastards to be honest about the results. The saved searches are still handy, but I am way less likely to check the emails than I used to be when I knew any messages I got actually conformed to what I want to buy. I wish they could see how their greed is actually costing them credibility and my business in a literal sense. Disrespect me and try to pull a fast one, and I quit checking your promos. It's that simple. Tell me I can use a tool to only send me what I am actually looking for, and I will use it. Change the tool to push targeted marketing instead of my search terms and I quit using it. 

• Like 1

Nothing, which is the most puzzling part. He is not in any way political or hostile or anything. 

He's just a cool old dude, who has lots of guns and a range in his backyard, he reviews guns mostly in his videos. Also he likes to shoot steel plates and blow up watermelons. 

It seems his channel is back for now, but all his videos are gone. Not sure if he had backups but he's been posting for 5+ years so its a ton of files lost forever most likely. 

Edited by blessthefall