Guys. The ATF lacks the power to issue Rulings. They can only issue opinions. The difference matters.

Their last proposed change was rejected too.

That rejected proposal included pretty much the same stuff, and was shot down partly due to political opposition and partly because the underlying statute provided no authority to support the proposed regulation. This one will have the same problems.

Yes you want to tell your legislators you oppose this. No you don't have to pull a chicken little. They failed last time. We can make sure they fail this time too.

The trust used to be the less of a hassle way to go but now it seems to be the individual way is better.

I think the trust is only beneficial if you have someone out of state you can list.

The trust still has all that ability. Nothing has changed. BATFE has only said : "we would like these changes". Surely you can understand the difference. Trusts are still the way to go by a long shot, and for more reasons than just CLEO sign off.

You still have generation skipping, multiple beneficiaries, increased privacy, potential to delay transfer that might require forfeit for a hundred years or so..... And a way to give instructions on how to handle the stuff when you aren't able to in one tidy place.

• Like 5

John Culberson, R-Texas is on it. I love Texas.

John Culberson, R-Texas, who chairs a key appropriations panel, warned Lynch on Monday that he would “use every tool at my disposal to immediately restrict” DOJ funding if the department proceeds with “new restrictions on our Constitutional rights.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/05/obama-executive-action-on-guns-to-require-background-checks-for-more-sales.html

• Like 3

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/

It will not take effect until 180 days after publication in the Federal Registry so there is still time to purchase items under the existing rules and more reason than ever to create your Gun Trust now.

So if you want to use a trust to buy nfa items you have time to do so without the "responsible person" forms and fingerprint cards.

I think it's time to get off the fence and file a form 1 on an AR lower.

Somehow, I can't help but think he would expand it, but put in a new window which allows more business for large contractors, and kills small manufacturers. Government favoring one business to the expense of the competition has always been his model.

I'd hope for another Reagan, but then the Hughes amendment.... I started this election cycle hoping that for once the party endorced guy wouldn't be clown like McCain or Dole that I could not vote for, and this time it isn't the party putting up a shameful candidate. 

It's discouraging.

It's also discouraging that people here still seem to not understand the authority structure of regulatory agencies and keep talking about published proposals as though they were final court rulings or statutes. 

It's even more discouraging that government agencies have been given so much power that their opinions now carry the weight of law.

People are in prison right now for violating the opinion of a bureaucrat.

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

And it is especially discouraging when a alphabet soup Illegal Federal Agency (10th Amendment) also has death squad swat teams ready, waiting, eager and willing to commit murder on those brave patriots who have the audacity to support and defend the US Constitution.  This is our reality.  :(

I agree. However one practical way to swing this is to get enough people personally exposed to the hassle and the fun, and the absurdity of it all.

That means buy NFA toys and let as many people as you can play with them.

• Like 2

Excellent suggestion GunFun and thank you.  Our NFA "Trigger Pak" Inland USGI M1-M2 Carbine now has been shot by about a dozen or so selected guests consisting of extended family and close long term friends.  All of them are very firearm literate but had never fired a automatic rifle.

Smiles, shit and giggles!  In one afternoon we burned through one (1) case of Sellet And Bellor (sp?) factory Carbine ammo.  That is 500 rounds.  All in about 3-4 hours!  Yep!  Four (4) stoppages.  Shitty factory ammo.  Very expensive but very satisfying   Just stopped to oil up the little girl.

Now they all want to get their select fire toys.  This is bound to drive up the price of transferable NFA stuff.  We also had cans out on our various .22rf short barreled stuff and pistols.  They are now keen on cans too.  Very quiet.  All OR State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. smile.pngsmile.png

Edit;  The four (4) stoppages were traced to over length brass.  1.315"  Dangerously over length.  The little auto rifle M2 Carbine did what it was supposed to,  (Thank Gawd For Interlock Safety Systems on the M2) and the rifle bolt refused to lock up the long cases.  The bolt stopped locking. 

The slide did not continue forward.  The trip lever did not trip the disconnector.  The disconnector did not trip the sear.  The hammer did not drop.  Fortunately.  Shitty factory ammo. We do take care to make sure all the parts were in spec and did what they were supposed to.  Glad we do.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.  We are strongly considering hand loading for the M2 Carbine.  Not so much a cost consideration but the need to make sure the cases are within safe spec.  Probably better hand loaded ammo also compared to the shitty factory stuff.  Edit concluded.

Edited by HB of CJ

Yep. The race is on now. Just sent in forms to SBR two lowers, two suppressors are on the way to my dealer. All in the course of a week. Just made $800 off me. All to beat the cut off date. Pretty sure many others are doing the exact same thing as I type this.

I'm done buying gun stuff for the year already. (Maybe even burned next year's funds too)

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...