where can i buy a v12 with folding stock

• 2 weeks later...

The Molot tube stocks, folding and fixed, tend to get a lot of vertical play in them after firing some rounds. That stock design is piss poor for long term stability. The folding mechanism is great though.

• Like 1

The Molot tube stocks, folding and fixed, tend to get a lot of vertical play in them after firing some rounds. That stock design is piss poor for long term stability. The folding mechanism is great though.

Wouldn't through drilling, and installing a couple roll pins perpendicularly through the tubes solve that easily? If you want to get real fancy, you could extract the tubes and shove some epoxy in the sockets, tap the tubes back in, and then through drill.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't through drilling, and installing a couple roll pins perpendicularly through the tubes solve that easily? If you want to get real fancy, you could extract the tubes and shove some epoxy in the sockets, tap the tubes back in, and then through drill.

That is a great idea!! I'm gonna try that sooner than later. That wobble pisses me off something fierce..

Anything beats simply living with it. I am considering something drastic with mine. If thee stock offend thee....

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be the guy that says this, because it is bordering on heresy.. But I just like a normal fixed AK stock, I have never used a folder I like. I don't like ace stocks either. Just give me a cheapy plastic stock or a surplus plywood one, they are better for everything, they just don't look cool.

I hate to be the guy that says this, because it is bordering on heresy.. But I just like a normal fixed AK stock, I have never used a folder I like. I don't like ace stocks either. Just give me a cheapy plastic stock or a surplus plywood one, they are better for everything, they just don't look cool.

I went through great lengths to finally get an Ace stock for cheap [saved 40 dollars between the stock and the adapter] and only realized I like my wood butt much better.

• Like 1