Managers in Texas Walmarts to Check for Gun Permits

I went to Wally World for ammo sunday, two different stores. Selection was shit, no accurate pricing, all in a locked case disorganized, with no employees nearby. I just said fuck it and went to Meijer, I'll pay a couple extra cents per round to be able to look at ammo that is properly organized and which I can select, put in my basket, and buy all myself. 

I ask them to get the manager and try to make it more difficult on them. "Policy" they say. I have my own policies. So after all that, I tell them "Nevermind, I don't want it." 

Fuck walmart. Last time I went there was only because they had a couple boxes of .380 that I was looking for (and called ahead to verify). Just so happened to find some other .380 closer to home which feeds better anyways. So, I say again, fuck walmart.

• Like 1

They are worried about having their liqueur license yanked!

De-stress!

That's what I got too...it appears they are trying to be in compliance with a TX state law and they are only checking at Walmarts where alcohol is sold. Edited by sccritterkiller

Seems to me Wal Mart is only trying to comply with laws governing liquor licenses. Looks like the Gov't is trying to put retailers in a precarious position, using different laws against them, forcing them to choose. They aren't refusing open carry, just a CYA move on their liquor license. You don't think the libs would use an error like that against them? Wally world just taking the hig road to keep both licenses, imho. Give em a break!

• Like 1

Interesting. So the same folks that carried concealed walked down the same liquor isle never had a problem before. What am I missing?

A layer of fabric protecting their ignorant eyes.

It is worth mentioning though that under Texas law unlicensed carry in to a place that sales alcohol is a FELONY.

Not that robbing them for it isn't already

• Like 2

Walk in wearing jacket. Load cart full of seafood dairy and meat from the deli and butcher.

Then remove jacket revealing open carried gun.

Now wonder until somebody stops and demands permit.

Now refuse, abandon cart full of perishables in random clothes isle.

Doesn't do anything but make you an asshole. No one in corporate or politics has to put all that stuff away. 

Some dude getting paid minimum wage does, who never did anything to you. 

Walk in wearing jacket. Load cart full of seafood dairy and meat from the deli and butcher.

Then remove jacket revealing open carried gun.

Now wonder until somebody stops and demands permit.

Now refuse, abandon cart full of perishables in random clothes isle.

Doesn't do anything but make you an asshole. No one in corporate or politics has to put all that stuff away.

Some dude getting paid minimum wage does, who never did anything to you.

How do you know he didn't?

Besides he gets paid by the hour.

He doesn't pay for those perishables.

His labor cost corporate money.

He would be doing some other bullshit task.

Those perishables will need to be replaced, those orders will provide money to ranchers that provide them.

Tell me again how this is a bad plan?

Interesting. So the same folks that carried concealed walked down the same liquor isle never had a problem before. What am I missing?

It is worth mentioning though that under Texas law unlicensed carry in to a place that sales alcohol is a FELONY.

true statement; however, with a CHL it is perfectly legal unless the business derives 51% or more of it's income from alcohol sales for consumption on the premises. (PC ss46.035(1).  Then it is "no firearms allowed".  This DOES NOT apply to liquor stores or Walmarts because they are not selling for consumption on the premises.  It also does not apply to restaurants like Chilies, or Benngans, etc unless they meet the 51% rule and have a sign properly posted to that effect.

Edited by CruisinTx2

true statement; however, with a CHL it is perfectly legal unless the business derives 51% or more of it's income from alcohol sales for consumption on the premises. (PC ss46.035(1).  Then it is "no firearms allowed".  This DOES NOT apply to liquor stores or Walmarts because they are not selling for consumption on the premises.  It also does not apply to restaurants like Chilies, or Benngans, etc unless they meet the 51% rule and have a sign properly posted to that effect.

I was mentioning UN-licensed carry, for the reason that CHL holders in Texas are already well aware of 30.06. 30.07. and 51%. It's the NON-LICENSEE that always fails to grasp the futility of a sign in the terms of criminal intent. 

The guy without a license doesn't give a shit what the sign says if he's already willing to break the law and carry. 

• Like 1