gas puck "piston" question

Someone else had mentioned it in a thread, I couldn't find it. Yeah there's a search button but...

Which way does the little nub on the gas puck "piston" supposed to face in the gas tube? Towards the actual op rod piston and the stock rear end of the gun or faceing the muzzle of the gun outword where you would be aiming at to shoot?

It probley doesn't make much difference but I'm going for making my gun 100% reliable here....

Nub faces forward, to ensure that gas can enter the space between the plug and the puck.

Faces toward the piston to allow increased contact time with the carrier.

The original pucks had no nub at all, and never had an issue with high power loads. The "nub" was something CSS started adding to their puck to help remedy cycling issues on guns that were on the verge of reliability.

Nub faces forward, to ensure that gas can enter the space between the plug and the puck.

Faces toward the piston to allow increased contact time with the carrier.

The original pucks had no nub at all, and never had an issue with high power loads. The "nub" was something CSS started adding to their puck to help remedy cycling issues on guns that were on the verge of reliability.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/Saiga_12_gas_piston_puc_puck_CSS_p/css-s12puc.htm

Read statement in Green.

Greg has said it can be run either way tho for different applications. You're both right.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

I'll start keeping the nub faceing out, I also got some Teflon plumbers tape for the gas tubes threaded gas plug. See if this makes any difference..

Just wanted to say thanks guys

I have no experience in the Teflon tape, but I would avoid using it. If for some reason it shredded on threading in, or the in/out movement of adjusting, pieces of tape could possibly (?) plug the ports. IF you feel like you MUST do something there, I'd personally feel safer using teflon paste or anti-seize.