Saiga 12 Steel Mags for 030 Magwell version

I am sure they looked into this. I talked with them about it when they were doing the vepr mags the first go round. They were of course mostly concerned about absolute reliability with the most popular model (V12).

• Like 1

If you messaged them directly, they might give you tips on how to mod one to work -at your own risk. In my experience the CSSpecs guys are pretty cool about stuff like that. I think they have a media answering day when they blast through the weekly backlog of forum stuff and messages, so there can be some delay.

• Like 1

If you messaged them directly, they might give you tips on how to mod one to work -at your own risk. In my experience the CSSpecs guys are pretty cool about stuff like that. I think they have a media answering day when they blast through the weekly backlog of forum stuff and messages, so there can be some delay.

It's not really a planned day, but when everything is running smooth I'll step out of the shop and catch up on emails and phone calls. If I have not responded inside of 72 hours (3 days) please resend.

To answer the OP's question. I think the current vepr-12 magazine will fit with some modifications to the latching area of the magazine. I do not have a Saiga-030 so I can't do much on my end. If someone wants to give it a try I have a Vepr-12 mag you can try, we would ideally like to have a few photos showing the process if successful so either we can duplicate the results or at least show it being done. 

Tools required are a file or rotary tool, and a caliper. A camera would be nice..  Being extremely patient would be helpful as well. 

I'm on a scheduled maintenance project tomorrow and will not be answering any emails or phone calls until after 6pm. But if you're up for the challenge post here (not your address obviously).

It would be really awesome if you could replicate it and have ready to use ones for sale. I'll admit [using the terminology from orange home repair big box retailer I work for]  I'm more of a "do-it-for-me" person than a "do-it-myself" person. After reading someone else say AR people like everything fit and finished whilst AK people like to file and tweak themselves I guess my attitude is anathema on these forums [i'd never really consider myself an AR person though, I'd rather pay to have an AK tweaked than buy an AR].

So basically I'm hoping this becomes something you can [and will] produce and sell so I guess I'm also hoping someone takes you up on your offer.

After reading someone else say AR people like everything fit and finished whilst AK people like to file and tweak themselves I guess my attitude is anathema on these forums [i'd never really consider myself an AR person though, I'd rather pay to have an AK tweaked than buy an AR].

I've built about a dozen ARs, some of which required major tweaking to get running right. One of the more interesting builds involved some "gunsmith special" parts, including some barrels I got for $5 each that had the gas ports drilled in the wrong location. I had to fabricate a non-standard length gas tube to compensate for the port being drilled too far forward, but when I was done, it ran like a sewing machine. It was ugly as hell, but I had about $350 invested in the parts.

I have more ARs than AKs, but I'm not afraid to tweak things and fabricate parts or modify stuff to get it working.

Edited by JonWienke

Like many Version 30/Vepr 12 parts, the V30 magwell can be directly swapped out for A Vepr 12 magwell, Vepr 12 (length) mag catch. If you intend to run Vepr 12 mags out of the box, this should solve your problem. I believe the parts can be purchased from Legion USA, a Saiga 12 forum vendor.

Mike

• Like 2