Too bad they don't just recognize the origin of the 2nd Amendment and leave us the hell alone.

God told us to carry, as well as to protect ourselves and our families. Luke 22:36, among others.

• Like 2

*He told some to carry. 1/6 was apparently "enough" of a ratio for Him. And He had to know they were packing already. If someone you spend all day with for years has a sword under his robe, I guarantee you know it. (Especially a guy like Peter.) So He was making a point. I have ideas about what points He was making, but you can draw those conclusions for yourself.

He wasn't commanding that every man must be armed, just that some ought to be. Also He didn't bring this up first thing or make a point of being armed himself, so far as we know. Some guys limit this verse too much, and some try to turn it into a universal command. 

It would be nice if this one passes…….but I'm not holding my breath.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/1/8/congressman-to-introduce-fifty-state-concealed-carry-reciprocity-bill

I don't want the Feds involved in it, not even a little bit.

• Like 2

It would be nice if this one passes…….but I'm not holding my breath.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/1/8/congressman-to-introduce-fifty-state-concealed-carry-reciprocity-bill

I don't want the Feds involved in it, not even a little bit.

Unles it's a Supreme Court ruling codifying the true meaning of the Second Ammendment.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure the sword in 22:36 is merely symbolic. Historically, swords were expensive to own and very, very few people had them. Definitely not something your average joe could just run out and buy during pretty much any time in history. Hell, even today, an actual quality sword like one by Albion costs as much or more than some rifles. And I don't count those Made in India pieces of shit at the renaissance faire as weapons. 

Edited by blessthefall

I'm pretty sure the sword in 22:36 is merely symbolic. Historically, swords were expensive to own and very, very few people had them. Definitely not something your average joe could just run out and buy during pretty much any time in history. Hell, even today, an actual quality sword like one by Albion costs as much or more than some rifles. And I don't count those Made in India pieces of shit at the renaissance faire as weapons. 

Nope. A basic sword from roman through medieval times was about a week's-or two week's wages for an average guy. Many people had them, but in most countries civilians in towns were limited to a ~cubit long blade. -traveling merchants, bankers etc. got more leeway. Peter didn't whack of a guy's ear with a symbol, he did it with a sharpened iron bar made for the exclusive purpose of killing people.

This covers the topic for midevial Europe, but I have seen scholarly discussions for roman times too. 

• Like 1

Dangerous precedent for the feds to do this. They could just as easily pass another forbidding carry if this went into place. What seems to be a good thing on the surface, if you apply serious thought, can often further a negative agenda. The less the Feds interfere in 2A arena, the better.

• Like 2