What is the worst pistol you ever owned

I bought a Ruger 380 LCP , which had a 12 mile trigger travel before it went bang . I bought it for deep ccw it was pretty accurate , but I let my wife shoot it and waited for day's for it to go off .I got lucky and traded it in on a Glock 42 [ yeh I know Tupperware ] and only lost 50.00 . I felt pretty good about seeing it leave . It was my fault as I should have rented one before I bought it . I think it was the worst pistol I have ever owned . The next time I  buy one from now on I will try it before I buy it .

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I admit the glock perfection lie and the fanboy crap are a major factor in attitude toward glock in general.   The polygonal rifling is stupid at best!! 1 its no improvement over more conventional

Holy fucking glock flamers. They do not suck, they do not excel. They are the C+ student of pistols. Amen.

I had a Kel Tec 9mm. It was a medium size, and cannot remember the model. It was awful. The trigger was so bad, that you had to damn near pull it through the back of the trigger guard to get it to fire. Ergonomics sucked too. It was a many years ago, and I have owned much better Kel Tec handguns since. My Kel Tec PF9 is a great little gun.

The crappiest I had were glocks

Damn and I was just about to purchase a 19. I like the option of the 33 rounders.

Wouldn't let it deter you. Some people just have a bad experience with them, but I'd bet that the vast majority have a positive experience with Glocks, myself included. I've been using a 19 suppressed and un-suppressed for awhile. The only time it "hiccups" is when I'm running Remington UMC with the suppressor. Has a tendency to fail to feed and occasionally stove-pipe. It's just the ammunition, though, as I understand UMC to be underpowered. All else has been 100%, runs my HST's like a champ.

• Like 1

Walther PK380. That pos soured me completely on the Walther name.

It wouldn't make it through a magazine without a fte.  I worked on it every time I took it out until I finally got it so it was relatively reliable and quickly traded it.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Tie between S&W Sigma and the Ruger LC9 (non-s version)

Damn and I was just about to purchase a 19. I like the option of the 33 rounders.

Wouldn't let it deter you. Some people just have a bad experience with them, but I'd bet that the vast majority have a positive experience with Glocks, myself included. I've been using a 19 suppressed and un-suppressed for awhile. The only time it "hiccups" is when I'm running Remington UMC with the suppressor. Has a tendency to fail to feed and occasionally stove-pipe. It's just the ammunition, though, as I understand UMC to be underpowered. All else has been 100%, runs my HST's like a champ.

I never run UMC for that very reason. Only time my 226 ever malfunction was with UMC. The box I had was so under powered it wound't eject most rounds, and the few it did eject fell straight down as though I slowly opened the slide while holding the gun upside down.  

Dont mind me ...Im a pistol snob and just hate glocks

They make the most likely to explode in your hand 40 cal hand gun on the planet, but other than that and crappy triggers they are ok

• Like 3

The wife has a 19 and really likes it, mags work with her sub2K as well 33 and 50 drum

She also has a LCP, which is her ccw. Hate the trigger pull

I won't haha.gif

They make the most likely to explode in your hand 40 cal hand gun on the planet, but other than that and crappy triggers they are ok

They can be made into a decent gun.. but at the price point of the stock pistol, you can just buy a decent gun for the same or less you would put into a Glock to get the gun ya want..

I run a G19 as my edc and gonna get an ATEI RMR for it just for fun that cost twice as much as the base pistol..

Worst I ever owned is my Tokarev... Also the best I even owned since its my only pistol.

Worst I ever shot was a .380 Bodyguard, being as pulling the trigger only made a round actually fire maybe 2/3 of the time if I'm being generous. 

Had a Star BM that I just could not get to run reliably enough for a backup or 'belly gun'. Seemed to be a magazine follower problem. FTF on last round about 1/3 time with every mag & any ammo. I even tried modifying a 'donor' follower from a 38 super 1911 mag.  Improved to about 1/5 LRFTF.

Traded for a S/W 908; not quite as accurate, but it goes bang every time. 

• Like 1

I run some pretty hot hand-loaded shit through my 23 and no blowups yet, thank Jebus. Johnboy.gif

I run some pretty hot hand-loaded shit through my 23 and no blowups yet, thank Jebus. Johnboy.gif

Never shoot lead bullets!!!

google glock blow ups

• Like 2

Not owned but was lent. Intratec Tec 9. it takes work to make a stainless steel production gun worse than something theroyalnonesuch glued together in his garage.

Haha, I had one of those. Biggest piece of shit I've owned. Pulling the charging handle back any more or less than 2/3rds and it wouldn't chamber a round properly. I also had to slam the mags in. 

I haven't owned a pistol/revolver that I have not liked yet. All have been great. Guess I'm lucky so far.

On a side note:

If I had the coin I would have one of these. I hear they are very well built and very reliable.

But way out of my price range.

http://www.coonaninc.com/showroom/classic-compensated-ss-smoothwalnut/