What is the worst pistol you ever owned

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I admit the glock perfection lie and the fanboy crap are a major factor in attitude toward glock in general.   The polygonal rifling is stupid at best!! 1 its no improvement over more conventional

Holy fucking glock flamers. They do not suck, they do not excel. They are the C+ student of pistols. Amen.

Not owned but was lent. Intratec Tec 9. it takes work to make a stainless steel production gun worse than something theroyalnonesuch glued together in his garage.

I had a Tec 9 back when they first came out (85 I think).  My memory may be foggy but I don't remember having any problems with it.  Maybe I got lucky.

Not owned but was lent. Intratec Tec 9. it takes work to make a stainless steel production gun worse than something theroyalnonesuch glued together in his garage.

I had a Tec 9 back when they first came out (85 I think).  My memory may be foggy but I don't remember having any problems with it.  Maybe I got lucky.

i had the predecessor the kg99, it ran fine but was pretty useless as a hand gun.

I sold it to a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman, haha.gif  

• Like 1

i had the predecessor the kg99, it ran fine but was pretty useless as a hand gun.

I sold it to a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman, haha.gif  

Damn, wish someone had sold my dad a gun when he was hawking Kirbys 

I mounted a front grip on the tec. Made it a lot more fun. Yeah I didn't know much about the nfa back then.

Back in the early 80s a friend and I had an ffl so we could buy every new thing that came along.

We would buy a new gun shoot it some and resell them

We used to buy Chinese sks,s with the red fiber stocks in cases of 20 each for $69.00 each

Wish I had a few of those still laying aroundunhappy.gif  

• Like 1

Dont mind me ...Im a pistol snob and just hate glocks

They make the most likely to explode in your hand 40 cal hand gun on the planet, but other than that and crappy triggers they are ok

I run some pretty hot hand-loaded shit through my 23 and no blowups yet, thank Jebus. Johnboy.gif

Never shoot lead bullets!!!

google glock blow ups

Guilty as charged. :eek:

I did it just to see if it could be done.  If you don't shoot 1,000's at a time without a good barrel cleaning every once in awhile.sick.gif

From checking a few sites it seems most are attributed to reloads that are too hot or not spec'd reused brass.

Lots of time it's just Internet Mall Ninja blathering too.  Present company excluded there, of course. :lol:

S&W Sigma 40 hands down. My first handgun... I sold after its first range trip in the mid 90's, and bought a Kimber Stainless Target II. It has been a great, accurate .45ACP. I do not though understand the hatred for Glocks. The triggers can be made better that 95% of other handguns out there save 1911's for very little expense. Have you all tried the .25 trigger job with a ghost connector? I have a 17, 19, 41, and 43. I shoot all of them in the GSSF matches. They are the equivalent of AK's and Ruger 10-22's in the handgun market. They eat and spit out everything fed to them, are decently accurate, and have a plethora of aftermarket support. I love my Glocks!

2 reasons I will never have a Glock

The grip angle is stupid.  If you like it, more power to you.  You'll never convince me.

The ridiculous fanboydom of the ridiculous fanboys.  No, the Glock is not the most perfect firearm design in the history of the universe.

• Like 2

The grip angle is stupid.  If you like it, more power to you.  You'll never convince me.

The ridiculous fanboydom of the ridiculous fanboys.  No, the Glock is not the most perfect firearm design in the history of the universe.

Yep. I tried to like Glock. I really did. I can't shoot them worth a damn. Not saying they aren't a decent handgun. Just not for me. And don't give me that bull about I need to be taught to shoot it. My USPs shoot the center out of the target without me having to think about proper form. It also eats absolutely everything i feed it without complaint. The H&K USP is more expensive for a reason.

Yep. I tried to like Glock. I really did. I can't shoot them worth a damn. Not saying they aren't a decent handgun. Just not for me. And don't give me that bull about I need to be taught to shoot it. My USPs shoot the center out of the target without me having to think about proper form. It also eats absolutely everything i feed it without complaint. The H&K USP is more expensive for a reason.

Each person will have a gun they shoot better than another. Their own personal ergonomics are subtly different. Out of all my handguns, I have a few that I shoot very well. They fit me. In revolvers, it's my Colt open tops. In autos, it's the 1911A1, the Ruger MK III, and the Automag III. I'm FAR more accurate with either of them than any other handgun.

Same here, I love my G17.

Worst pistol I have, is probably my S&W .38 Bodyguard, too light, going through a box of factory loaded .38 is surprisingly painful with this thing.

It also locked itself up a couple of times, took it apart to find that some sort of firing pin safety had broken into about 3 pieces.

• Like 1

For the record, I never stated or insinuated that Glocks are the most perfect firearm design in the history of the universe. I think they are a fine firearm for the reasons I posted above. I understand that they are not for everyone and not everyone likes them or shoots well with them. What I don't understand the visceral hatred by some which reason number 2 in your post above illustrated quite well.

I admit the glock perfection lie and the fanboy crap are a major factor in attitude toward glock in general.

The polygonal rifling is stupid at best!!

1 its no improvement over more conventional rifling.

2 it loads with lead if you shoot non jacketed bullets

3 in 40 cal or 357 sig (both high pressure loads) glocks explode when the barrels foul with lead

I have seen two 40 cal glocks explode  both required emergency room visits for stitches .

People I know that shoot glocks replace the barrels right off the bat so they can shoot lead or plated projectiles.

I have seen pictures of people that have lost fingers and eyes from glock explosions due the the use of lead bullets.

most run of the mill people are unaware of this problem with glocks.

having shot 1911 pattern guns all my life, I find glocks grip angle horrid ( I like lugers but they have a horrid grip angle as well)

Glock triggers suck the dog!

And the abject arrogance of the glock perfection thing flat pisses me off.

They are serviceable sidearms, no doubt

Just not for me 

PS there are several other firearms of similar design to choose from and in my opinion are superior guns 

• Like 4

For the record, I never stated or insinuated that Glocks are the most perfect firearm design in the history of the universe. I think they are a fine firearm for the reasons I posted above. I understand that they are not for everyone and not everyone likes them or shoots well with them. What I don't understand the visceral hatred by some which reason number 2 in your post above illustrated quite well.

For the record, I never said you stated or insinuated anything.  I said ridiculous fanboys.

I am also annoyed by ridiculous 1911 fanboys, and I like 1911s. 

But the words "visceral hatred" do remind me of the hyperbole of so many discussions these days.

Does it matter if I (or anybody) like or don't like Glocks?  There are dozens of quality handguns available today.  Something for everyone.

• Like 3

It doesn't matter at all DS. I own several other handguns besides Glock and I like them all. I feel no need to convince others to like what I like. In juxtaposition to the title of the thread, the best pistols one has owned are the ones that he or she enjoy shooting and shoot well. There is not a one size fits all.

• Like 1

I've fondled many, however I have not owned any that were horrid.  Considering I've only owned 2.  But I got rid of the P95 as it had between 1500-2000rds thru it and was starting to have some issues.  Grip angle wasn't bad.  I've held many.  Don't like the glock grip, and Springfield on the XD models were horrid even the new Mod 2. there are many others I find uncomfortable to hold.

• Like 1

I've fondled many, however I have not owned any that were horrid.  Considering I've only owned 2.  But I got rid of the P95 as it had between 1500-2000rds thru it and was starting to have some issues.  Grip angle wasn't bad.  I've held many.  Don't like the glock grip, and Springfield on the XD models were horrid even the new Mod 2. there are many others I find uncomfortable to hold.

What kind of issues did you encounter with the P95? (just curious)  

I've never had a "worst" pistol under the description that it was a "pile o shit". Only ones I got rid of because I didn't have a use or want for them, or I thought they were too complicated, or it helped me acquire something else I wanted instead, at the time.

Particular example was a S&W 625-4 .45acp revolver. I loved the idea of owning a revolver in this chamber because I was already invested in that caliber and wanted to get into a (my first) revolver. After I acquired it and shot it a bunch, which I did like shooting and was plenty accurate with, I realized it just too much of a mess of stuff to deal with, with the moon clips and the moon clip loading/unloading tool. Great shooting, functioning and aesthetically pleasing pistol, just too much extra crap and extra attention needed for me too be happy with it.

So the "worst" pistol for ME, is any moon clip associated revolver.

• Like 1

Not me, I love my N-frame 45 ACPs. Tastes & preferences being purely subjective.

IMG_0093.jpg

As far as Glocks, I've shot the full size 45, 40 & 9mm.  Not my cup of tea, but if they were all that was available, I'm sure they'd get the job done. 

• Like 1

I've fondled many, however I have not owned any that were horrid. Considering I've only owned 2. But I got rid of the P95 as it had between 1500-2000rds thru it and was starting to have some issues. Grip angle wasn't bad. I've held many. Don't like the glock grip, and Springfield on the XD models were horrid even the new Mod 2. there are many others I find uncomfortable to hold.

What kind of issues did you encounter with the P95? (just curious)

It started when I ran freedom munitions, dirty shit. Had ftf and fte. Barely make it thru one mag and have to strip and clean it. Since then I had the recoil spring retaining clip disapear, ruger sent me a new one. And just some random ftf and fte, mostly with win white and some fiocchi I got. Did run good with my old bvac reloads I bought years ago and blazer brass.

I decided time to upgrade to something a little nicer that I can pick and choose a holster for and maybe start ccw.