If you want a hi-cap 45 try an XD45.  You'll like the grip much better than the G21 2x4. 

XD45 has been my go-to full size handgun for 10 years.  I bought one of the first Tactical models to come out.  In 10 years and thousands of rounds I don't ever remember it jamming once even with Wolf steel.

• Like 2

I wear size small or medium gloves so maybe its not a good idea ^___^;

Dainty hands might explain why you had a problem with the S&W Bodyguard trigger.

I didn't like how wide the sights were on the XD45, it felt like I was looking down a hallway at the front sight. Is the Glock any better? 

Were you holding the rear sight 2" from your eye?

Obviously. 

• Like 1

If you mean the .380 I could pull the trigger just fine, it just went "click" instead of "boom" far too often. If you mean the .38 special that was the first revolver I ever shot. 

the XD's rear sight seemed wider than a 1911's which I'm used to. I can see them with both eyes wide open though so it might be a good way to practice that. 

Have either of you held a Glock 41 with a preferred backstap? Much different from a 21. I owned a SA XDS .45 that was recalled. The trigger was manageable before the recall at 5.5lbs. Totally unacceptable at 10 lbs after the recall work was done. Will never own another SA hand gun again in my life. If it is not a 1911, with all other polymer options out there it will be Glock, Steyr, or GP.

• Like 1

I owned a SA XDS .45 that was recalled. The trigger was manageable before the recall at 5.5lbs. Totally unacceptable at 10 lbs after the recall work was done. Will never own another SA hand gun again in my life.

Yep, the XDS models had some flaws, and that hurt their rep with quite a few people.

But thankfully the XDS is not the XD or XDM.

I almost sold it after the first range trip when the Slide Stop Lever broke, even though SAI CS was 1st rate and very fast, I was put off.

But my buddy who'd suggested it to me said, "John, give it another chance."

Now, I'm glad I did, it turned out to become my favorite EDC, and it has never so much as hiccuped since then.

As to the Glock 21 vs 41, no I haven't.

Wouldn't mind though.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

I love my XD9sc. I replaced the firing pin retaining roll pin the the slide, after the factory one showed a history of crumbling (which mine didn't). $.80 at the local hardware store. The gun has never once misfired.

1dfae5b1-f691-4361-ae9e-244f9a639de5_zps

My son just got a Glock 23. It's nice. It made me wish my XD was a.40.

• Like 1

I wear size small or medium gloves so maybe its not a good idea ^___^;

Check out the model 36. It has a thinner grip than most Glocks but you get all the 45acp goodness. I have large hands so the 36 doesn't fit me perfect like a 21 but its still a great gun. For whatever reason I can shoot the G36 more accurately than any other handgun gun I have ever shot.

• Like 1