Walmart raised their wages and benefits under pressure from the psychos Dems, to the tune of $1 billion, from what I understand.

In exchange, 10,000 other employees lose their jobs.

And confirmed plans to close 269 stores this year.

• Like 3

I can buy ammo cheaper online except for 22 . I think they are closing 102 walmart expresses which are like convienance storess and 52 of the big stores . I actually like my Walmart because its in the country and a few of the people that work there . There is a retired from the army Korean war vet that has been there 20 years in sporting goods ,  he is a pretty good fella. I always ask him when I see him you still alive ? The other day I ask him about some 22 and he said come back in 10 minutes I gotta go get the ammo out of the back he came back with a cart full and I got my 3 boxes of 22 CCI . I don't care much about they rest of the asses in there , but he is a pretty good fella ,I like him and will miss him when he is gone .

• Like 3

If you want to know what stores, here is the list.  Mostly Walmart Express locations.

http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-walmart-stores-closing-2016-1

Walmart raised their wages and benefits under pressure from the psychos Dems, to the tune of $1 billion, from what I understand.

In exchange, 10,000 other employees lose their jobs.

Same thought I have every time I hear about a big hike in wages (state, city, company...).  Simple economics.

• Like 1

What I wonder is now that Walmart shutdown small competition years ago, what will replace it in the more rural areas?

Sounds like the warnings from that not too distant time are coming true.

It is a small thing in light of everything else that is happening but important still.

• Like 1

They are closing a store 1.5 miles from me. Quit shopping at that particular store when it turned into New Orleans Hurricane Katrina  refugees favorite place to shop. There are 3 other "ChinaMarts" within three miles of the store they're closing(north,east & west}.

Just hope the Katrina rats move to the store east of the one they are closing. As in far east Interstate 10......like New Orleans.

As for cheap ammo.......we have two Academy stores close by, one even closer then the ChinaMart.

Edited by Jet
  • Like 3

Walmart still has plenty of money, $1 billion in wages to shake the image of being a modern slave labor camp is probably a decent value. They will probably make it up by attracting a less sloven drooling workforce..

Issue is the areas are not preforming, most likely due to high theft rates.

http://fortune.com/2015/06/05/walmart-theft/

If you want the cliff notes. Walmart has about $3 billion in losses from theft every year.

If a store stops making money due to theft, a few attempts to fix the issue are made, if they don't work the store is closed.

Most of the Walmart Express stores are in crappy areas.. They have one scheduled to go in a short ways from me, its in an area next to a trailer park, whole area is full of shambling people regardless of time of day. Kmart used to be about a block or two closer to the safe zone and was closed 20 years ago due to horrible theft rates and armed robberies.

• Like 2