It was packed here in Yulee, FL. It was a pleasant surprise to see that many people around here who wanted to know what happened in Benghazi.

The account felt honest. I wanted to bawl my eyes out and I was furious.

• Like 3

I will buy it when it comes on dvd.  I don't look forward to it.  I know how it's going to make me feel.

In spite of the fact that the movie steers well clear of politics, the left is trashing it of course.  How mindlessly predictable they are.  They call it jingoistic.  They point to the timing with the upcoming election as proof.

The media reviews call it shallow and deride the fact that the movie doesn't show the personal lives or motivations of the men involved.  Basically, it lacks the standard tropes of a "good movie".  Which completely misses the point (as media people so often do).

Bay clearly wasn't making a political statement but the facts are the facts, and many Americans see the connections.  Hillary and Obama are swimming in rivers of blood from Benghazi and so much more. 

• Like 5

I will buy it when it comes on dvd.  I don't look forward to it.  I know how it's going to make me feel.

In spite of the fact that the movie steers well clear of politics, the left is trashing it of course.  How mindlessly predictable they are.  They call it jingoistic.  They point to the timing with the upcoming election as proof.

The media reviews call it shallow and deride the fact that the movie doesn't show the personal lives or motivations of the men involved.  Basically, it lacks the standard tropes of a "good movie".  Which completely misses the point (as media people so often do).

Bay clearly wasn't making a political statement but the facts are the facts, and many Americans see the connections.  Hillary and Obama are swimming in rivers of blood from Benghazi and so much more. 

It definitely was not Hollywooded up like a "good movie". It was very believable and no bullshit fluff. I found that aspect refreshing.

• Like 1

Definitely on my list to go see. I hope it gives those who were there, and the families of those who died some well deserved media time to get the real story out. All politics aside, it makes me sick to see the shit that Clinton and Holder get away with. Maybe this will put the bitch in the spotlight where she can't hide.

• Like 2

Saw it today. During the firefight scenes, I kept thinking of Susan Rice repeatedly lying to the American public, and Hillary Clinton meeting the families of the dead, and lying to their faces about why their loved ones died.

My wife and I left the theater torn between the pride we felt for our war fighters, and the disgust we felt for our spineless politicians.

• Like 7

Bay insisted that all the operators were played by real life operators.  He wanted it to be right, not Hollywood bullshit. 

He wasn't making a movie.  He was telling a sacred story.

• Like 4

Bay insisted that all the operators were played by real life operators.  He wanted it to be right, not Hollywood bullshit. 

Well, they knocked it out of the park if that was the goal.

• Like 1

Huh? The main guy was Jim from The Office 

Look at IMDB, each "operator" has dozens of acting credits going back decades. 

I did like the movie, BTW. 

Edited by Atomic Punk

Haven't seen it yet. Not eager to. All of those things can only repeat what I know with more detail and make me angrier. 

So far everything on the topic still misses what to me is the main point. The main problem was not the failure to respond, but the policy of having our people disarmed and untrusted in the first place. When you have people on guard duty at a government facility with empty guns, and their magazines in a safe, you are a retard. A dangerous fool. When those people are in a country at war with specific threats, you are more of a murderer than David was to Uriah.

• Like 3

That's only part of it. When faced with the threat of violence from muslim jihadis, somebody at State thought farming out guard duty to an unvetted group called the February 13th Martyrs Brigade was a good idea. That is totally idiotic, and could only have been approved by someone who cared more about politics than common sense.

• Like 2