Is Buying a Turkish Gun Supporting Terrorism?

Seems Sootch is taking a lot of flack for his latest review of the Canik TP9SF.  The self-proclaimed patriot police have their panties knotted about buying anything made in Turkey.

Never a shortage of assholes who want to tell everybody else what to think.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, if you follow the money it's mostly true. As much as I'd like to buy a Turkish HK clone, and as someone who bought a Canik in the not so distant past, Turkey is a large ISIS supporter. I wish that entire part of the world could somehow just fall into the sea.

• Like 4

Under the current circumstances I won't be buying another Turkish firearm.  That's my choice. 

But here's something to think about.  Given the actions of the current administration I could argue against buying American made firearms for the same reason.  This country is a supporter of terrorism.

• Like 6

Says the fuckers who wear chink boots.....

Does buying a Saiga or Vepr support communism?

Not any more, buy up. 

Ah hell, I get the same thing from my FiL and a few other ol'school Vets about buying Russian/ComBloc weapons.

I'm supporting the enemies of the US.

Weird, my buddy is a Marine Vietnam vet and even at his age, he gets pumped up when he sees a nice AK. He shoots a mini30 but doesn't discriminate. He volunteered during the draft and has nothing but respect for his old enemy. That and he still wants to get some more.

• Like 2

As long as I'm not buying from any obvious outright criminals, look I can only be so selective here. I still buy a ton of Russian ammo, even though I don't agree with everything Russia does. I'm sure are plenty of guys who would not touch Russian ammo for that reason.

I have thought about purchasing one of the Turkish pistols, but there are still a lot of good deals on used pistols out there.

I get no say in the matter as far as the most egregious monetary support to criminals go.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

Does buying a Saiga or Vepr support communism?

The way I see it, I bought my Saiga from Classic Arms, an entirely USA business. They got the firearm from RRA, an importer that paid a Russian exporter for the gun and a heavy tariff to the USA government for the business of importing.... and so on, and so on, and so on. I could have gotten the gun a lot less cheaper if everyone else didn't need their cut, but a trip to Russia to pick it up would have been far more expensive, and then some asshole wouldn't have let me bring it on the plane to bring it home.

Screw it. I wanted it for me. It was about me. 

• Like 3

I have a turk shotgun and a turk 9mm pistol. Both of which I really like a lot.

and if I had the money I would most certainly by one of these bad ass Zenith's.

and never feel like I am supporting anything but my own gun hobby.

post-46572-0-59712500-1453154504_thumb.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 1

We all support the biggest terrorist in the world with our tax dollar every day. Thanks Obama!

If you buy any firearm from any country near or around the middle east it is likely a terrorist gets his wings.

Anymore there is no real distinction between our feerless leader and hadji akbar over seas.

Putin would slash his mother's throat if it got him one more day in power!  I look forward to his assassination so we can get back to 'glasnost' and cool Saiga guns!

I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. Even if the US killed Putin directly via some CIA op you have to remember that 1. the government has managed to ban one of the major sources of "evil assault weapons" 2. the government successfully managed to ban the important of a major competitor to US made products [imagine how excited they'd be if they could ban all Japanese cars from being imported. Do you think they'd ever let that lapse?] and 3. the government never gives up power unless its ripped away from them. 

Basically unless the congress or supreme court is pushed kicking and screaming into overturning the executive order it will stand forever. The left will be happy to get rid of "assault weapons" and the right will be glad we banned unamerican commie guns that take jobs away from hardworking American gun-makers. 

^^ exactly. Bush II didn't exactly restore imports of chinese guns and ammo. In theory those are supposedly about punishing bad national behavior with economics, which is why we didn't even remove most favored nation trade status on the country we were supposedly punishing.

• Like 2

Barry O has more call to worry about the USA assassinating him than Vlad does!  When and if Vlad gets his it will be by Muslim extremists, or a political rival. OR- one of his macho video's will go terribly wrong!

Barry's EO's will be GONE next year unless we blow the election!!!!!!!!!!!

Putin would slash his mother's throat if it got him one more day in power!  I look forward to his assassination so we can get back to 'glasnost' and cool Saiga guns!

I wouldn't hold my breath honestly. Even if the US killed Putin directly via some CIA op you have to remember that 1. the government has managed to ban one of the major sources of "evil assault weapons" 2. the government successfully managed to ban the important of a major competitor to US made products [imagine how excited they'd be if they could ban all Japanese cars from being imported. Do you think they'd ever let that lapse?] and 3. the government never gives up power unless its ripped away from them. 

Basically unless the congress or supreme court is pushed kicking and screaming into overturning the executive order it will stand forever. The left will be happy to get rid of "assault weapons" and the right will be glad we banned unamerican commie guns that take jobs away from hardworking American gun-makers. 

Wrong about the( right)  we believe in free markets   and right leaning gun people enjoy a vast diversity in firearms.

Unions and leftists both in private business and government want protectionism for their own benefit, at the cost of the  citizenry   

^^ agreed, but elected republicans are not necessarily conservative in practice. They tend to conform more to what JDeko said, rather than what their electorate would prefer.

• Like 1

^^ agreed, but elected republicans are not necessarily conservative in practice. They tend to conform more to what JDeko said, rather than what their electorate would prefer.

Ya think??

The republican (establishment) is NOT the right

quite a few ELECTED republicans are fighting against the establishment on a daily basis.

You have to make those distinctions to make a factual comment

To me "the right" means "elected republican politicians" none of whom, especially ones currently trying to become president, say anything about repealing the Russian import ban. If they don't care enough about it to even potentially lie just to sound good do you think they'll care enough to overturn it when elected?