centerfire called about the drum for the veper

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That person you refer too roblox84 in such a rude manner is a 21 year Marine vet. That unfortunately had to retire due to suffering multiple injurys in 3 separate deployments. His service made it poss

Here's the latest. SGM likes to post videos and updates on Facebook a lot. Instead of Youtube. So I sat and taped their Facebook vid and description and put it on Youtube for y'all. its pretty shor

The thinner guy in that last video has a fast enough finger to really rape that drum, but he needs to lean forward. Someone tell him to just lean forward and he could lay down an impressive drum dump.

Centerfire just charged my CC so I assume one may actually magically appear at more door soon.

Excellent! Welcome to the club. I got a tracking number before I saw a credit-card charge. :) Mine should arrive by July 28. I'm thinking maybe I'll have my video review posted on YouTube by July 29, LOL. :)

EDIT: Oops, delivery date bumped to July 29. Well that's OK, July 30 is Saturday, so that will make a better day to create a review video anyway.

Edited by MR_22
  • Like 1

Well the drum hit my door late friday night and I did not find it till the morning.

First impression its not as big as I thought don't take it the wrong way its BIG :)

LRBHO does not function on my gun I emailed customer support and am awaiting a response auto mail said they were gone till the 1st but would try and answer in the evenings

If you have one of the original side folding stocks at least on my gun you cant put the drum in the mag well with the stock folded to the side it holds it out at least 1/2"

LRBHO does not function on my gun I emailed customer support and am awaiting a response auto mail said they were gone till the 1st but would try and answer in the evenings

They said long ago that LRBHO would not work with these, unless something changed that I hadn't heard about

My understanding is they are referring to the drum holding the lrbho in the activated position regards of being loaded or unloaded.. you would merely be giving the lrbho clearance to deactivate allowing the bolt to close

So, in addition to my Centerfire order, I decided to get one from Classic Firearms, too, because I wanted to make complete sure I got one from the first batch going out. Well, both the one from Centerfire and Classic are scheduled to be delivered today. Whoa, can it really be so???

Edited by MR_22
  • Like 1

It has been a while since I was on here but when i heard these mags are finally real and available I ordered 2. They are supposed to be here tomorrow according to the tracking.  They are coming from gun mag warehouse.  I have never ordered from them before so i am wondering how it will work out.

Well, good luck rogers! Mine arrived today. Two of them. One ordered 2-1/2 years ago and one last week. And they come the same day. LOL.

I'm extremely happy. OK, first let me admit that I don't own a VEPR. I bought the drums for my Legion-converted Saiga-12 with magwell. VEPR mags aren't quite compatible, but almost. You have to remove a little bit of the latch tab, but it works great. I've converted a few 5-round original Molot magazines for my Saiga-12 and they been great.

So, I got one of my VEPR drums converted for my Saiga-12 and works great--at least it loads when hand cycling. It took a little longer than I thought, but it locks in tight. I went slowly to remove only as much material as I had to so it would work. I hand-cycled 15 rounds and it worked great with no misfeeds. Sometimes the bolt-hold-open feature works and sometimes not. I'll see if I can fine-tune that, but honestly, I'm not worried about that, since it wasn't designed for my Saiga.

But anyway, I'm very happy with my VEPR drums for my Saiga-12!

25432d1469675233-long-awaited-vepr-12-sg

25433d1469675233-long-awaited-vepr-12-sg

25434d1469675233-long-awaited-vepr-12-sg

Anyone get their drum to work with their flared competition magwell? I tried mine last night and it didn't lock in. I may revert mine back to factory to make sure it's just the magwell that's not letting the drum seat completely.

I just put a competition magwell on my saiga 12 and figured that it was to long to accept the new drums. I  think you just confirmed my suspicion. It is about 2 times the length of the poly magwell on my vepr. I am seriously considering cutting it down and removing the flared section so that it will take these drums. My drum wont be here till tomorrow though so i cant confirm the problem till then. 

• 9 months later...

Anyone get their drum to work with their flared competition magwell? I tried mine last night and it didn't lock in. I may revert mine back to factory to make sure it's just the magwell that's not letting the drum seat completely.

Those were a plastic clone of the original JTE V3 magwell for the saiga 12 modified mags. They don't have the same internal geometry as a vepr magwell.

• 11 months later...

Well because of all of the anti gun hysteria I bit the bullet and got a drum for the vepr...   I wish it weren't so damn big.  

I had emailed them before the Vepr ban and they said they were working on a smaller drum with a smaller capacity... I personally see this as a range toy but not really practical.  Its awkward for me to hold and shoot the shotgun with it in place and that's with a vertical foregrip.

A 15 rd drum would be really sweet, but I doubt if we will ever see it now.

Idk, theres more S-12 mag compatible guns out then ever before. When alot of these mags/drums were developed S-12/V-12 were the only games in town. Now theres so many Kalashnikov based shotguns out and for sale its hard to keep track of all of them! There is already a turkish and chinese clone of the V-12 being produced and sold (not yet in U.S. to my knowledge) its only a matter of time till we see them here. No other platform offers everything that the Kalashnikov based shotguns offer.

DURABILITY

-traditional semi auto gas system designs (mka 1919, sko, 1100, 930 etc.) use fragile rubber o-rings and wear parts that are sure to crap out at the worst time.

COMPACTNESS

-traditional semi auto's (1100, 930 etc.) have recoil systems that extend into the stock, so no folders. This is the reason why you will most likely never see a "shockwave" version of the 930 or 1100.

-Ar based systems use a buffer and tube, no folder or at least no firing more than one shot while folded.

-Pump designs can only be shortned so far due to the amount of travel needed in the action bars to cycle.

CAPACITY

-traditional tube fed semi auto designs (1100,930 etc.) have obvious capacity limitations.

-Non S-12/V-12 based semi auto mag fed designs (mka1919, sko, ar based etc.) use non standardized mags with less capacity options and no drums availible.

-Yes mossberg now has 590 double stack SMH! But its not a semi (and a abomination).

COMPACTNESS WHILE RETAINING CAPACITY

-traditional tube fed semi (1100, 930 etc.) when you shorten the gun, you lower capacity + no folder due to recoil system design.

-non S-12/V-12 based semi auto mag fed designs (mka1919, sko etc.). could be potentially be shortend but do not offer the capacity options/drums and truly are the minority in popularity compared to S-12/V-12 based designs. A true limited market since there is no standardization in the mag design.

-magfed pump shotgun (870 dm, 590m). Limited on compactness due to the action bar legnth necessary for function. And at the end of the day..its not semi!

The S-12/V-12/clone market is stronger than it ever has been. All of the S-12/V-12 clones released and planned for release (S-12/V-12/KS-12/Cheetah/Lynx/ddi-12/trench-12/tri-star bull pup/RS1-S1/Ranger Tac-12 etc etc.) is evidence of that. Just like manufacturers are stepping in to fill the S-12/V-12 void left by the sanctions, manufacturers will step in to profit from the sale of mags, parts and accessories for these firearms. The only question is..who wants to make money? "The S-12/V-12 market is dead" is a damn myth and I just proved why.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, saltydecimator said:

wheres that pic of md's smaller provile drum??

Yeah, let's see that. This crap SGM 25 rounder can't keep up. Does a really good job of dust collecting though.