80 replies to this topic

#61 MR_22

MR_22

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:02 PM

well that settles that choice for me

Multiple venders are accepting backorders for the next shipment. Others give an option to be notified when they are again available.
  • JDeko likes this

----------------------------------------

Saiga Legion 12 Owner in Utah

#62 ShadyVepr

ShadyVepr

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:29 AM

Centerfire just charged my CC so I assume one may actually magically appear at more door soon.

#63 MR_22

MR_22

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

Centerfire just charged my CC so I assume one may actually magically appear at more door soon.

Excellent! Welcome to the club. I got a tracking number before I saw a credit-card charge. :) Mine should arrive by July 28. I'm thinking maybe I'll have my video review posted on YouTube by July 29, LOL. :)

EDIT: Oops, delivery date bumped to July 29. Well that's OK, July 30 is Saturday, so that will make a better day to create a review video anyway.

Edited by MR_22, 21 July 2016 - 11:00 AM.

• saltydecimator likes this

#64 ShadyVepr

ShadyVepr

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

well maybe they just charged me for one :) I never got any kind of tracking info.

#65 ShadyVepr

ShadyVepr

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

Well the drum hit my door late friday night and I did not find it till the morning.

First impression its not as big as I thought don't take it the wrong way its BIG :)

LRBHO does not function on my gun I emailed customer support and am awaiting a response auto mail said they were gone till the 1st but would try and answer in the evenings

If you have one of the original side folding stocks at least on my gun you cant put the drum in the mag well with the stock folded to the side it holds it out at least 1/2"

#66 hdskumm

hdskumm

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

LRBHO does not function on my gun I emailed customer support and am awaiting a response auto mail said they were gone till the 1st but would try and answer in the evenings

They said long ago that LRBHO would not work with these, unless something changed that I hadn't heard about

#67 ShadyVepr

ShadyVepr

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

the instructions clearly say if the LRBHO does not work to email them and they will send you pics of what to file.

#68 csspecs

csspecs

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

My understanding is they are referring to the drum holding the lrbho in the activated position regards of being loaded or unloaded.. you would merely be giving the lrbho clearance to deactivate allowing the bolt to close

#69 MR_22

MR_22

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

So, in addition to my Centerfire order, I decided to get one from Classic Firearms, too, because I wanted to make complete sure I got one from the first batch going out. Well, both the one from Centerfire and Classic are scheduled to be delivered today. Whoa, can it really be so???

Edited by MR_22, 27 July 2016 - 12:21 PM.

• JDeko likes this

#70 rogers

rogers

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

It has been a while since I was on here but when i heard these mags are finally real and available I ordered 2. They are supposed to be here tomorrow according to the tracking.  They are coming from gun mag warehouse.  I have never ordered from them before so i am wondering how it will work out.

Saiga 12 = Appropriate Technology

#71 MR_22

MR_22

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

Well, good luck rogers! Mine arrived today. Two of them. One ordered 2-1/2 years ago and one last week. And they come the same day. LOL.

I'm extremely happy. OK, first let me admit that I don't own a VEPR. I bought the drums for my Legion-converted Saiga-12 with magwell. VEPR mags aren't quite compatible, but almost. You have to remove a little bit of the latch tab, but it works great. I've converted a few 5-round original Molot magazines for my Saiga-12 and they been great.

So, I got one of my VEPR drums converted for my Saiga-12 and works great--at least it loads when hand cycling. It took a little longer than I thought, but it locks in tight. I went slowly to remove only as much material as I had to so it would work. I hand-cycled 15 rounds and it worked great with no misfeeds. Sometimes the bolt-hold-open feature works and sometimes not. I'll see if I can fine-tune that, but honestly, I'm not worried about that, since it wasn't designed for my Saiga.

But anyway, I'm very happy with my VEPR drums for my Saiga-12!

25432d1469675233-long-awaited-vepr-12-sg

25433d1469675233-long-awaited-vepr-12-sg

25434d1469675233-long-awaited-vepr-12-sg

#72 DresNightfire

DresNightfire

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:12 AM

Anyone get their drum to work with their flared competition magwell? I tried mine last night and it didn't lock in. I may revert mine back to factory to make sure it's just the magwell that's not letting the drum seat completely.

VEPR 12 | CSS GK-01 Muzzle Brake | TSS Modified G2 Trigger Group | Saiga 12 Recoil Spring | RAM Extended Mag Release | Tromix Bolt-on Knurled Charging Handle | Bonesteel Left AR folder | Magpul STR w/ Enhanced Extended Buttpad | Custom Stippled Hand Guard | Primary Arms Micro Red Dot | 25-Round SGM Drum

#73 ShadyVepr

ShadyVepr

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:49 AM

i dont have a flaired magwell

Just in case you did not know the bolt has to be back to load the mag.

#74 rogers

rogers

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

Anyone get their drum to work with their flared competition magwell? I tried mine last night and it didn't lock in. I may revert mine back to factory to make sure it's just the magwell that's not letting the drum seat completely.

I just put a competition magwell on my saiga 12 and figured that it was to long to accept the new drums. I  think you just confirmed my suspicion. It is about 2 times the length of the poly magwell on my vepr. I am seriously considering cutting it down and removing the flared section so that it will take these drums. My drum wont be here till tomorrow though so i cant confirm the problem till then. 

Saiga 12 = Appropriate Technology

#75 saltydecimator

saltydecimator

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

VIDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRS!!!!! ASAP!!!!

Reasonable Politician Control Measures:

-Breathalyzer is mandatory in all personal vehicles

-Only 40% of campaign money can be used on Cocaine and personal luxury items

-Limit of 2 call girls per legislative session (can have multiple rendezvous with taxpayers money, however must be the same 2)

-When a seat becomes vacant, it can only be sold for 110% of what it was sold for last

-All bribery money must be reported on form 1099-Misc

am the gun lobby you treasonous slime!!!!

#76 MR_22

MR_22

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Centerfire has the VEPR-12 SGM drum on sale for the Memorial Day weekend for $80:

https://www.centerfi...d-12-gauge.aspx

#77 evlblkwpnz

evlblkwpnz

6.5" S12 and 7" V12

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,865 posts
  • FFL_Verified
  • 07FFL / 2SOT

• Company Name:

evlutionz LLC

• Company Website:
    evlutionz.com
  • Contact Email:

evl@evlutionz.com

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

Well, looks like I'll finally get one for testing.

Prodigy.... an unusual accomplishment.

OETpxqr.png?2

WTB: Saiga rifle gas tubes. Email me if you have some you would like to sell.

#78 VforVandetta

VforVandetta

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

I think you'll like it

So crack a bottle of vodka, stay a while. Get in touch with your inner Russian. And ride that Wild Boar into the sunset...

#79 evlblkwpnz

evlblkwpnz

6.5" S12 and 7" V12

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,865 posts
  • FFL_Verified
  • 07FFL / 2SOT

• Company Name:

evlutionz LLC

• Company Website:
    evlutionz.com
  • Contact Email:

evl@evlutionz.com

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

I'm sure. As odd as it may sound, I forgot they were finally here for a while, lol.

• saltydecimator likes this

Prodigy.... an unusual accomplishment.

OETpxqr.png?2

WTB: Saiga rifle gas tubes. Email me if you have some you would like to sell.

#80 GunFun

GunFun

Apparently, guy who has made way too many posts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Those were a plastic clone of the original JTE V3 magwell for the saiga 12 modified mags. They don't have the same internal geometry as a vepr magwell.

#81 saltydecimator

saltydecimator

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

i did the same ( forgot about a product that i was interested in ) with the lil beltfed  22lr 1919 uppers.... then they got discontinued... lucky for me i just traded into one a few months ago...

Edited by saltydecimator, 08 June 2017 - 11:08 PM.

Reasonable Politician Control Measures:

-Breathalyzer is mandatory in all personal vehicles

-Only 40% of campaign money can be used on Cocaine and personal luxury items

-Limit of 2 call girls per legislative session (can have multiple rendezvous with taxpayers money, however must be the same 2)

-When a seat becomes vacant, it can only be sold for 110% of what it was sold for last

-All bribery money must be reported on form 1099-Misc

am the gun lobby you treasonous slime!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users