Amazing camo, even with IR. It took me a while to see it.

Animals need food too. I'm saving mine until I need them, for food.

Shoot it only if you have to, nuisance, etc.

No pig problems here.

Edited by Sim_Player

Hello

Sons o' bitches tore up about 8 acres of my pasture so far this winter.

Sucks when you can only get up to a place every now and again. Walked the perimeter on New Years, found their entrance under a fence, but no new tracks.

I'm thinkin' PVS-14 with the suppressed 556R from a tree stand should help thin 'em out.

Hell, it's too cold for a roast right now anyway. I'll chum 'em with deer corn for a couple weeks.

-Guido in TX

• Like 3

Hell, it's too cold for a roast right now anyway. I'll chum 'em with deer corn for a couple weeks.

-Guido in TX

Whaaat? Never heard of too cold to roast anything.

• Like 1

I've got a javelina problem down here. Every damn night they show up and dig up my yard. Can't stand them. And they have absolutely no fear at all of anything.

MD20 mag dump, that'd give the ornery lil'bastards something to fear.
  • Like 6

MD20 mag dump, that'd give the ornery lil'bastards something to fear.

I'd love to have the excuse, at least once. Especially since the Vepr12 25-round drums are supposedly almost out. 

Hook up a fence charger to some fence wire laying loose so they can walk over it. Bait 'em in with some corn.  Pull the wire tight, fencing them in, then turn on the charger. Shoot until empty. Butcher, smoke and eat.

• Like 1

Was sitting out in the tree stand at night for weeks, got too damn cold, I guess the suckers figured out when I was coming and going. So now, I'm building an 8x8 cage with a root door. Going to set it up down by the river and see what I get, maybe late next week. Other camera caught a nice little buck near the corn pile, but he's not really big enough to shoot, I'm mainly after the hogs. Most I've seen in pictures is 15 feeding at one time, there is also a HUGE sow. Hope to get the upright freezer filled up with free pork pretty soon.

We popped one monster sow in WI that had 12 piglets with her, and she was already pregnant with 13 more!

That is very uncommon, but definitely not unheard of.

Talk about prolific.

Normal 1-2 litters per year, with the young becoming sexually mature at 3-4 months.

Average 5-6 per litter and up to 15, and at least 2 in a litter of 5-6 will be females who can have a litter in their first year.

Think about it, under ideal conditions one sow can be responsible for over 60 in one year.

Though on average it is more like 18-36.

Ya know what I like?

I like it when I hear land owners crying about damage from pigs, then I offer to help kill them, my time/effort, gas, ammo, bait and what not, will sign any insurance waiver they draw up...  And they still want me to pay them to kill their pesky pigs.

Enjoy your pigs.

• Like 3

Won't have to pay me Chili, I'll supply ammo and gun if needed, even split the meat with you. I made same offer to guy down the road, all I hear is crickets from him, bought the double wide tree stand with ladder, set it up, set up 2 cameras, buying all the corn, spreding corn myself, and gave him 40 rounds of .308 SP ammo, I GUESS IT's TO HARD to sit in a free tree stand, with free ammo, shooting over free corn, for free hogs.

I bought the hog panels and even asked if he'd help build the cage, "yeh, I'll help", still no help. I'll build the damn thing myself, drag it into the woods myself, set it up myself, and EAT THE HOGS MYSELF.

I don't mind helping someone that "needs help", but DAMN, am I going to have to cook it too? I think I've learned my lesson on this one.